UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Open Forum.

Old 25-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Silver Member

Default Any Star wars fans on hear ??

Hi friends ,
It's that time again a new star wars movie by Disney about to get released again .
Also currently out is the mandalorian which is brilliant
I've been huge fan since day one until Disney started releasing their versions lol
And killed my childhood wth star wars .
But the mandalorian my have saved fans .

Any other fans out there ??
Old 25-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Active New Member

Big star wars geek here. Not had a chance to watch the Mandalorian yet - life's just a bit too busy (and I need to steal it off the internet!), although I have told off my brother about it when he said there was a new Boba Fett TV show...

In terms of the disney films, while I can spend hours pulling apart the potential flaws I prefer to just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. Unless Rose is in that particular scene. She drives me mad...
Old 25-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4980 View Post
Big star wars geek here. Not had a chance to watch the Mandalorian yet - life's just a bit too busy (and I need to steal it off the internet!), although I have told off my brother about it when he said there was a new Boba Fett TV show...

In terms of the disney films, while I can spend hours pulling apart the potential flaws I prefer to just sit back and enjoy the spectacle. Unless Rose is in that particular scene. She drives me mad...
Awesome I could pick at last films big time , dread see new one see who they kill off this time ,
Rogue one I did enjoy classic style again , solo movie no comment
I did predict it would crash and burn on launch .
People want star wars Lucas style not Disney style , hearing Kennedy might be out soon
Old 25-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Gold Member

Big fan here too

Also haven't seen the Mandalorian yet.

Recently bought the "Despecialized Edition" of the original trilogy on Blu-Ray off eBay

Never forget going to see Episode 4 in London at The Dominion, Tottenham Court Road in 1977 before it became Episode 4 and "A New Hope" and was just plain "Star Wars". That opening sequence on that big screen in 1977 was absolutely gobsmacking!
Old 25-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
Big fan here too

Also haven't seen the Mandalorian yet.

Recently bought the "Despecialized Edition" of the original trilogy on Blu-Ray off eBay

Never forget going to see Episode 4 in London at The Dominion, Tottenham Court Road in 1977 before it became Episode 4 and "A New Hope" and was just plain "Star Wars". That opening sequence on that big screen in 1977 was absolutely gobsmacking!
Wow nice , I can imagine what it was like breathtaking .
I just recently got complete Saga eBay , I have force awakens 2.99 lol prob wait till others cheap rogue one a must have .
Old 25-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Silver Member

Massive fan here, it was a huge part of my childhood, my 3 closest mates back then were two brothers, and a little known geek by the name of Simon Pegg.

I loved the original 3.....HATED the dismal prequels, am i bit "meh" about the disney stuff, but thought Rogue One was superb!

Being a bit of a nerd, I also build models, and I am 90% complete on the Bandai 1/72 scale Millenium Falcon.
Its a bit.........GOOD.
Happy to post pics if folks are interested.
Old 25-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Gold Member

I agree about the 3 prequels and the Disney ones are okay. Agree that Rogue One was superb.

Apart from the Blu-rays I mentioned above, I have the original trilogy on a) the 1992 laserdisc release, b) the big multi-disc Japanese laserdisc set and c) the 1997 edition on laserdisc
Old 25-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Disney officially binned Lucas ideas , what dam shame , would've been epic . Proper sequels to trilogy ,
Check this video .
https://youtu.be/QRSM1367TDA
Old 25-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Silver Member

Be good see pics of peoples collections etc
How about doll star wars cosplay ?
Old 26-11-2019, 12:49 AM
Silver Member

I love starwars films i remember my mates Mam took me and him and couple others to watch return of the jedi at cinema instead of popcorn and sweets and coke she bought us all a breadbun each and dilute orange the tight get but at least i enjoyed the film