UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum

Old 29-11-2019, 09:24 AM

Default Greetings from "Across the Pond"

Hello folks in the UK. I am new here. I am a 69 year old retired man from the US. I bought a doll from one of the many many "bargain" outlets before fully following the many great advice threads here and on TDF.
The result is a long story, I will say when you buy, use PayPal as they will back you with any problems that may crop up. Everything goes fine until it doesn't and that is when buying through a known and reliable re-seller is less of a gamble and worth the possible extra expense.
Such a simple error as having the incorrect color eyes installed in my doll has taken numerous ignored attempts by me to have it somehow rectified... Finally a month later the eyes and a complimentary wig are in the States and should be delivered soon.
Sadly, I had to resort to threats of filing a complaint with PayPal before I received any satisfaction as the company constantly and repeatedly ignored my polite and more than patient attempts to find a fair solution to their manufacturing error. Lesson learned!
The main producers of sexdolls (The Chinese) have different business practices and the language issues alone can be daunting. The laws seem somewhat less restrictive in the US as to size (so far at least) than in the UK or Aus.
Between having a limited budget and the fact that I might have problems dealing with a heavier doll due to age related back problems, I opted for a 100cm model. Next one I will go a bit larger (130-145cm) I think.
Oh yes, I am already looking for a future companion for my doll and as I have found out after slightly over a month of having her around, having a doll is addictive even though you might not think so at first.
OldYank
Old 29-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Silver Member

Welcome to the UKLDF Old Yank,

I remember when I was searching out my first doll and seeing a lot of the websites offering 'great deals' on dolls that were usually half the price of the official vendors. I resisted the temptation to buy a cheaper doll and eventually ordered my first doll from one of the vendors listed here. She did cost me a lot more but I know she is genuine and wasn't going to have any trouble with her getting across the border into the UK. Good for you for chasing the supplier down until you got what you ordered as I can imagine it wasn't easy.

You are 100% right about dolls been addictive. I have had my first doll for 6 months now and last week I got another one that was for sale from another forum member here. Now I am thinking about which lady will be next to move in with me and the others but I might need a bigger bed to accommodate 3.

Seth

I knew there was something wrong when my doll suddenly started smoking. So I decided to slow down and use more lubricant.

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
Old 29-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Gold Member

Welcome onboard, OldYank! Commendable that you persevered with the ordering process, many wouldn't because of shame or not knowing how to.
eco
Old 29-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Diamond Member

OY - great to have you here!
Old 29-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Gold Member

Hello and

Old 29-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Gold Member

Hi Old Yank and to the Forum
Old 29-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

ABOARD MATEY!!!! Nice to meet ya Oldyank, hope you like the forum.
Old 29-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Bronze Member

Welcome!
Just remember that dolls can be heavy. Really heavy.
Old 29-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Bronze Member

hi mr Old Yank to the mad house
glad you got you lady sorted out , you are right before long there will be another

we is from your side of the pond cos' we is Teddy Babes , nice and light weight and soft and cuddly

love Lisa Tina Carly xxx
& mr Track
Old 29-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Welcome from Dongo and the girls!