UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Scam sites and Scammers.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

Default Suspicious listing for new silicone doll eBay UK

Suspicious listing for new silicone doll eBay UK

As I write this, the vendor (apparently in Yorkshire, England) has two on offer:
***http: //www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-size-adult-silicone-love-doll-/271411677388***

UPDATE:
That listing has been removed and the URL now just generates a list of reborn dolls. (Ugh!)

However, this one is (as I write this) still active:
***http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-size-...71411715391***
(Delete the leading and trailing asterisks to obtain the URL.)

The photo of the faces manufacturing process looks like Realdoll, but the dolls for sale look more like Sinthetics.

I suppose it is theoretically possible that someone in Yorkshire has started manufacturing silicone dolls, but it seems extremely unlikely to me. We Brits can't even make screwdrivers that fit the heads of screws, never mind silicone dolls.

Last edited by Everhard; 08-03-2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Administrator

It's toast, I couldn't find it earlier just a link to a silicone rugrat. I did find a bogus Sinth tho which weighed in at 145kgs

Every-time these pop up, they need posting here and mass reporting as fraud to get them slotted to help save the unwary from themselves.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

This one seems too cheap for a full skeleton silicone doll, it states that it is in Hereford yet asks for 200 delivery 'services from outside UK (Express Delivery from outside UK)'

The seller offers absolutely no information except what you can glean from the title.

Anyone know anything about this doll?
Old 08-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Gold Member

That one looks like a scam too.

The seller in the first post took his pics from the Sinthetics web site, incidentally. Alicia 2B.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
This one seems too cheap for a full skeleton silicone doll, it states that it is in Hereford yet asks for 200 delivery 'services from outside UK (Express Delivery from outside UK)'

The seller offers absolutely no information except what you can glean from the title.

Anyone know anything about this doll?
That's the one offering the Leeloo

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Feedback profile of 11, all as a buyer. No seller history at all.

I think my Dolly Dollars will be staying in my Dolly Bank.

CT

Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Gold Member

"silicone rugrat" ... LOL!!!
Old 18-11-2018, 07:23 PM

With eBay great care needs to be taken when buying from them. The very first thing you need to do is if scammed that you will get your money back, Some may not realize that PPI is already included in some debit/credit card for this reason.

Next go in with your eyes wide open. Many listings contain images of dolls taken from other vendor photos. They may be passed off as unbranded. Be aware what you see in the images used is not how the doll may look like when it arrives.

Avoid those on eBay selling dolls at the same prices reputable websites like Love Doll, The Doll House, Silicone Sex World and Cloud Climax. Buy direct from vendors like the ones I have mentioned to be guaranteed you will get the doll you want.

Avoid those sellers from China, again you may either be ripped off, not get the doll or it might even be seized by the UK Border Force.

Look at the sellers themselves, not just feed back, do they ship from the UK? Do they sell other dolls listed in their eBay shops. If they don't list dolls in their own eBay shops or the doll is shipped from China and not the seller, then avoid them as well.

There are a couple of sellers who are selling dolls on their own eBay shops who are based and dispatched from the UK. Again, don't expect to get a doll like the ones in the image. Check their feedback and ask them questions, creating a paper trail. That way if things go wrong you have a chance to get your money back.

Private sellers: Like on the forum, there are some private sellers. One I found was honest in their listing over the damage to the doll - with pictures of the damage, but some do not list any damage at all.

Ebay is a great risk for the unwary. If you take care you might though find a diamond in the rough.