UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Scam sites and Scammers.

Old 20-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
By the way, I mentioned the aspect of going to bed with dolls not as a snide comment because my friend and I have known each other long enough, but to bring to the fore something very subtle and very important about dolls. It's a comment that leads . . . to something else . . .

One's first impression . . .

If that first impression is "WOW" "She's so nearly alive" somehow then she breaks a barrier in one's mind for the fun and the fantasy and the illusion of . . . . love at first sight.

If and when one opens the box and there's something wrong about the doll, one can have an instant turn-off.

This happened to me some 18 months ago now when I was interviewing a sample doll from a new manufacturer. We'd been expecting quality of only the best, and I was . . . in randy expectation. When that box was opened - oh dear. Oily, greasy, squashed, deformed, TPE splitting apart. There was no question of taking that doll to bed that night. My stomach turned over.

There are enough sales we see of people who sell after even just a day or two - "dolls aren't for me". And especially if people have bought a cheap doll to see if dolls are for them . . . a bad doll turns people away, hideously and some never to return.

I joke and say that if I'm one day to be found dead in bed with a doll, its got to be a good one. It's got to be one that the ambulance blokes drool over "good for him" wishing they had one too.

This is why dolls have to be good, and good ones should be encouraged, and the dross that gives dolls a bad name cursed and sent away far away, nothing to do with us.

It's really sad to see the example above where a member wishes he'd waited longer and spent £500 more.

Best wishes

Harem
Good and valid points made there. So glad my Forever doll turned out fine. The texture of her skin is lovely.
Old 20-02-2018, 11:18 PM
Diamond Member

Yes - the doll4ever, DH168, Vivid, SM and Irontech family is a very nice smooth TPE and CLM. Climax, as are the Jinsan family, YL WM and OR, and people always rave about 6YE and Sili. I'm sure the Pipedream dolls from Cloud Climax will be wonderful too.

The problem is the Kellogs Cornflakes syndrome. We all know we can get supermarket basics that are just as good, so we resent paying the extra for the brand. After all we're paying for all the TV advertising, just as the famous cosmetics and soap powder brands. So the brands we're used to have lost their power and we've forgotten why they came to be such an important thing....

Li-Lo for instance told people to beware of imitations to the extent that an air mattress at the beach became a lilo as a generic word. Hoover too and the brand had no meaning until Dyson changed it for a more powerful one. And we all know that of bagless cleaners Dyson is the best, imitations don't match.

So the doll world is more like Dysons' and very unlike the supermarket unbrands of Kellogs. In the doll world the brand really means something and if it's not branded, don't buy it!

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 20-02-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
Yes - the doll4ever, DH168, Vivid, SM and Irontech family is a very nice smooth TPE and CLM. Climax, as are the Jinsan family, YL WM and OR, and people always rave about 6YE and Sili. I'm sure the Pipedream dolls from Cloud Climax will be wonderful too.

The problem is the Kellogs Cornflakes syndrome. We all know we can get supermarket basics that are just as good, so we resent paying the extra for the brand. After all we're paying for all the TV advertising, just as the famous cosmetics and soap powder brands. So the brands we're used to have lost their power and we've forgotten why they came to be such an important thing....

Li-Lo for instance told people to beware of imitations to the extent that an air mattress at the beach became a lilo as a generic word. Hoover too and the brand had no meaning until Dyson changed it for a more powerful one. And we all know that of bagless cleaners Dyson is the best, imitations don't match.

So the doll world is more like Dysons' and very unlike the supermarket unbrands of Kellogs. In the doll world the brand really means something and if it's not branded, don't buy it!

Best wishes

Harem
Luckily I got an original. Only issue is one fingernail has come off. I will google how to glue this back on and the type of glue to use. Any advice would be most appreciated. Sorry for going off topic a bit but your advice would be most welcome.

Back on topic I really nearly messed up ordering my doll before reading the forums; luckily my BS detector was in gear and I avoided a lot of Alibaba type dolls. In fact it horrified me what was on there but this is neither the time or place to go into that. Let's just put it this way; it opened up my eyes to badly made dolls and a lot of very inappropriate dolls. I went with Silver Doll in the end to import mine and so far seems to have been a fairly wise choice.
Old 21-02-2018, 05:10 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Sometime its better to buy a used doll you see before !!!

Today i get my 5th...I saw her before and she is in a good condition and CHEAP...
Old 21-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Diamond Member

Fingernail repair - cyanoacrylate - superglue is fine

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 20-07-2018, 12:20 AM

Default Aliexpress is it all a scam ? think again

Many usually mention Aliexpress, EBay, Amazon listings as fakes, these sites are only Online Marketplaces where anyone can sell, the diference is that these marketplaces offer protection for buyers and simple websites don't offer any Escrow protection, Escrow actually retains the money until the items are safely delivered and verified.
As on any marketplace there are honest and dishonest sellers.

I do dropshipping of Aliexpress and other sites on cloths and technology and I am happy with their disputes process, for returns or lost shipments and I received refunds, I just needed to prove I was right.

However when I buy on a site I don't feel secure as there is no third party to help, maybe only Paypal or credit cards systems in the end solve problems or ban the seller if something goes really bad.
I was scammed on one or two web sites before, I used bitcoins! however today even for bitcoin there are more secure solutions like Bitrated or Bitify marketplace escrow option, the only thing I could do in one case was to put pressure on social media and block sellers Fb an twitter accounts, but they can create another account or website and do the scam again.
I am happy with Aliexpress, Amazon and Ebay, these two however have high resale and listings fees (maybe the same on Ali.) and I usually find many of the Ebay/Amazon articles on Aliexpress.

I recommend to stay away from Wish.com, too many bad reviews and that market is so unfair you cannot ask questions to sellers.

About dropshipping, it is a term for retailers that do not have stock ...
however many large companies are moving from traditional retail to sell with minimal or no stock at all, The Internet and the Global Mail has enabled this new model.

Last edited by ginastiqbm1; 20-07-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 20-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginastiqbm1 View Post
About dropshipping, it is a term for retailers that do not have stock ...
Drop shippers pass the legal responsibility of importing to the consumer with the associated risks of seizure and arrest.

Please exercise caution guys.
Old 20-07-2018, 11:29 AM

Default dropshiping and import

There are stores on ALiexpress that ship from Europe wharehouse with tax paid or to make sure everything goes well the dropshiper in other Eu country could buy and pay tax and then reship, before brexit is 100%, in that case not pure dropshipping but also no stock before order
Old 20-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

I wouldn't buy a doll or anything from Ali ; Rakuten looks and is, so far, safer.
It goes without saying, the majority of things you buy from China are cheap and fake, they have had that reputation now for over 50-60 years. Slave labour and sweat shops and yet they still get away with it
The big companies work hard over there and reputation is damaged because of the mindless Chinese communist filth
If i had said that in China, that's at least 3-5years jail right there.....
Old 20-07-2018, 11:07 PM

that maybe have some part that is true, I used to think like that too, however your comment is to much politics oriented...
however you go to shops or your own home and find labels and count how many items you have that are made in china,
China currently owns a big share of of Eu and Usa dept and international companies and stocks.
China is champion on low wages but that also happens in most of the world and unfortunately that is not improving in many countries
About dolls how many brands are actually made in China? and the others the materials probably come from China.
Today I go to local chinese shops in my country and already find many articles, and groceries from local or european farmers while large supermarkets have too many imported articles. I'd say the chinese have created new buying oportunities for people that have low income myself included.

Last edited by ginastiqbm1; 20-07-2018 at 11:11 PM.