UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Mechadolls Forum. (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Gold Member

Thank you Flashgordoll you've saved my back
Old 21-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Your welcome needadreamgirl I know what its like lifting a heavy doll.

The base is pretty much done, its exactly the same dimensions as my original and here you can see the 2 X extra bits at the back (without them added and without a doll attached the winch weight made it a bit back heavy so this fixes the problem).

This is the top of the base so far:

I had a thought that if you use this on a concrete floor or other hard surface outside say for photos.. the paint will get scratched off and it could end up going rusty on the underneath.

So to prevent that I came up with welding some sections of stainless steel sheet to the bottom, that way if they do get scuffed it doesn't matter and they won't go rusty.

The red arrows point to the stainless steel sections on the underside of the base.

That's the first bit anyway, I'm waiting on the winch to arrive some time next week and then I'll start the top half of the stand.

I've got all the paint so I'll be spraying it with a 2K primer and 2K matt black when the fabrication is all done. It looks like poop at the moment but trust me once painted it will look super.

Still got a lot to do.
Old 26-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Silver Member

Ok for needadreamgirl some updates with photos and assembly instructions.
The finishing and painting is still yet to be done so don't worry about what it looks like at the moment.

Fabrication is complete, I must say this was a major headache to work everything out with it having a folding top half but never the less it has worked out nicely.

Here is the folding top half of the stand:

The folding top half bolts to the base with 4 M8 bolts like so, you will need a 13mm combination spanner:

Last edited by FlashGordoll; 26-07-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 26-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

Next step:

Swivel the top upwards so it rests shut (BE CAREFUL NOT TO TRAP YOUR FINGERS!)

2 M8 bolts secure it at the front (13mm spanner):

Next step is to mount the winch. I've spot welded the 3 mounting bolts to the winch mounting plate to make it easy for you to slide the 3 bolts through the mounting holes on the stand.

From the rear of the stand, guide the long bottom bolt through first and then guide the two shorter top bolts through.

Then you can do the nuts up (13mm spanner), the bottom winch mount nut will be incorporated into the bum pad which I have yet to make.

Old 26-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Silver Member

Next step.

Set the winch to unwind and wind the handle anti clockwise while pulling the hook end of the winch.

It should go through this gap:

I was in a rush and forgot to do that not that it matters much..

Next step.
Keep unwinding the strap whilst pulling it and get enough slack so you can thread the hook through the top section of the stand:

The round bar is stainless steel that the strap runs on, so it doesn't go rusty from wear.

This is testing to a lot more weight than any doll weighs.
Its lifting just shy of 60KG easy peezy, its solid as a rock. I've even pulled myself up it and I'm 14 stone.

Remember... NOT FOR LIFTING HUMANS.

So that's fabrication and testing complete, it was a lot of work.. I'm knackered.
Old 26-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Gold Member

Flashgordoll, I'm absolutely speechless ,its over exceeded my expectations . Thank you so much for all the hard work you are putting in making my stand, I really appreciate it .
Old 26-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

Thank you needadreamgirl. There was a lot more to it than meets the eye, quite a challenge but it got there in the end.

One thing you will need to consider is the handle for the winch is quite long, so when you winch your doll up you'll need to get your hand on her bottom and gently swing her bum out of the way (side ways is best) enough to avoid the handle when turning it. Its pretty easy to do with one arm, it will make sense when you get it and use it. Obviously the handle can be positioned at the back of the stand when you have her winched to the correct height and then its not in the way anymore.

I have some other pending jobs to catch up with this week so it might be another 7 - 10 days before the stand is prepped and painted and ready to go, unfortunately I got to clear those jobs before painting coz the 2K paint is pretty nasty stuff and tends to coat everything in my workshop. If you don't know 2K is an epoxy based paint and very durable.
Old 26-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordoll View Post
Thank you needadreamgirl. There was a lot more to it than meets the eye, quite a challenge but it got there in the end.

.........you'll need to get your hand on her bottom
Yep, that's gonna be a really hassle

G
Old 27-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Account Closed

Well done good work...
Old 27-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdj67 View Post
Yep, that's gonna be a really hassle

G

The great thing about this is you can turn the doll 180° so her front is facing the stand which makes pulling knickers over the bum very easy. needadreamgirl will find it very easy to dress his doll when its done.

Thanks Harley.