UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23-08-2023, 11:59 PM
Silver Member

Default SY S10 Silicone Head Review

This is a small unboxing and review of the recently released SY S10 Head.

She was pre-ordered in the 31st of July and was delivered on 12th August so the turnaround was less than 2 weeks.

She is my first doll head with implanted hair so the durability of the hair cannot be commented on buy hopefully it should last a long time.
Old 24-08-2023, 12:08 AM
Silver Member

Default Packaging and Delivery

She arrived in the standard plain box. Packaging was discreet with no signs of damage or inspection. Delivery courier was DPD Tracked.

There was the standard foam panels padding the inside of the box. She was encased in a plastic mould secured with sellotape which was very durable.

On the back there was a label inside that just confirmed the details of the order. I was surprised that the vendor was stated as Neojoy but I think that is is just another name for lucidtoys.
Old 24-08-2023, 12:39 AM
Silver Member

Default Head Impressions

It took me a few minutes to cut the sellotape all around the plastic “cocoon” as I was wary of the scissors sliding between the joins and damaging the head.

Upon taking her out of the packaging there were no visible signs of damage so the packaging did its job

She came with two connectors. The standard M16 tube thread came attached and the quick release M16 connector came wrapped in some bubble wrap.

Looking under the head where the silicone meets the fibreglass it seemed sticky to the touch and some the silicone looked uneven but having just checked another silicone head I think this is normal. I will see if some powdering will take away the stickiness.

Overall inspection did not show any defects/blemishes in construction. Her hair was plaited and secured with rubber band. Once the band slid off and her hair was released it took shape fairly quickly.

I was happy that Lucid took on board the comments about the eye sclera as her eyes look a lot better white. The eyes themselves seem to be adjusted by pushing them slightly in, moving to the required position and then releasing.

I am not sure if the eyebrows look quite right as on closer inspection the left eyebrow appears to have a different shape. However I think this might be due to her having a slight smiling expression and the eyebrow has been implanted to account for this.

My only comment regarding communication from Lucid is that I received an email from then stating that the she was ready and it would take 2 to 3 days for her to arrive at the warehouse where she would be subject to quality inspection and factory photo’s sent out to me for approval before dispatch. However, these photo’s were never sent and she was dispatched regardless. It was surprising but not really a big issue as once the head has been delivered to the vendor there is not much you can really change.

Overall I am happy with my purchase both in quality and value. At approximately £300 for a silicone head this is a good deal as TPE heads can cost around that mark.
Old 24-08-2023, 05:32 PM
Gold Excellence Member

It never crossed my mind until now but she'd make a fantastic Princess Liea.

Hmmm.......
Old 24-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Bloody hell, you're right; never thought of that
Old 24-08-2023, 11:08 PM
Vendor

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a detailed review of your purchase. Your feedback is crucial in helping us refine our processes and offerings.

We're delighted to hear that the packaging was secure enough to prevent any damages and that you found the overall quality of the silicone head satisfactory. We've taken note of your comments about the stickiness and unevenness of the silicone. Using powder, as you mentioned, should help reduce the stickiness.

The realm of dropshipping has indeed evolved over the years, making it quite different from what it used to be. We're glad that pre-dispatch issues, like the eye yellowness, were resolved prior to shipping. Once our products reach the UK, they undergo rigorous IPQC (inwards product quality check) and pre-dispatch checks, streamlined over our 19+ years of experience. Our teams are adept at catching any anomalies, and we always have backup plans to ensure smooth operations.

Shipping items ethically, legally, and promptly while juggling various aspects from supply chain issues to governmental legislation is a challenge, but we're committed to excellence in this domain. We have dedicated teams overseeing each step. On average, about four staff members are directly involved in ensuring a product's smooth transition. These individuals, like all of us, have personal commitments and emergencies. However, I personally ensure that we stay on top of things at all times.

I have scheduled in-person meetings next week to meet with the owners of various factories. While all feedback is forwarded to them, I understand that not all of it gets internalized. Ensuring the continuity and improvement of our processes is my responsibility.

Our FIFO (First In, First Out) system guarantees that our stock remains fresh and that our products maintain their quality over time. Given the varying materials we work with, it's imperative to have tight temperature control in our warehouses, ensuring the safety of both the products and our team members.

Artistically, I believe the forum members should be more open about sharing photos of these beautiful creations. Doing so not only promotes acceptance but also fosters innovation within the community. Shamus's contributions in helping others enhance their photography skills are commendable; in fact, I too utilised some of these skills today (foam behind the back).

We're on a mission to do more than ever before to celebrate these works of art.

Lastly, I'll be offline for the next two weeks. I trust our team will continue to uphold our standards and address any concerns during my absence. If anything needs fixing, I'm confident they will handle it appropriately.

Once again, thank you for choosing Lucid. We value your business and look forward to serving you again in the future. If you have any further comments, questions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Warm Regards,

Old 29-09-2023, 06:01 PM
Active New Member

Poundland have some nice wizard book fancy dress clothing in stock.