UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Open Forum.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
Hi Shamus,

I have an Olympus OMD-EM10 Mk II that I am very happy with. Don't know what your budget is, but the Mk I seems to be available for under 300 on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympus-O...4AAOSwA-VeH68e

I am a bit of an Olympus fan and have an old E-1 as well
Hi PD

I think that my camera problems may be being resolved with a little help from a friend .

Like yourself, I swear by Olympus even though mine is twenty years old, a point and click and, not to put too fine a point on it... Knackered (don't think thast the number of doll pics taken over the last year has helped that, lol). There are still times when it still managed to pull a bunny out of the hat and produced the occassional image that were well beyond what you would expect of a camera like that.

The budget unfortunately disappeared completely with the fridge giving up and two ridge tiles blowing off in Ciara. Less than the insurance excess to fix so no point making a claim.

Thanks very much for the link though. Will have a perusal at that camera but as I say think that fate is sending me in a differnet direction for the next one

kindest regards,

Shaun.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:11 AM
Platinum Member

i had an olympus point and shoot digital for a few days back in the early 90's it had a shutter over the lens and stopped working after a few days. i do have an olympus om10 35 mm i used to use.

carlys_guy
Old 12-02-2020, 05:51 PM
Bronze Member

You mean a Fuji Finepix. I own one, ten years old but still OK. Good gear, no doubt. Yet something that bores me: the distortion of the zoom lens. That's why I prefer my phone now! The camera's in phones are becoming better and better. (This was the original post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Is that because you were using 24mm wide angle (fisheye)? No issues for me at 35mm+.
In the normal angles, the distortion doesn't bother indeed. But if the wide angle (not even fisheye) and narrow angle do bother, why have a variable lens? The cheap and easy compact camera's with one focal length have the normal angle too.

FYI:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion_(optics)

1967, Frank Zappa