Diamond Member

Meeyanawl.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Gold Member

leo
Old 12-02-2020, 01:39 AM
Gold Member

Hi LR.

Not sure how in depth UK management would like me to go here.

So I will go with the basics.

remember these funny old Venn diagrams from school, well that will do!

So while family, partnerships and business relationships fold over time, the sourcing contracts remain in force, as do agreed license to certain head and body combos to form a doll model (as that is now the Chinese trademark patent discriminator for "doll appearance").

So answering the question, the label AF still sources from the same factory sources common designs, but in combos they have IP on, or specific for that label Only make.

Now you note the agent section in the Venn, that is where the grey comes into play, especially when adding a similar venn overlay to the above model from a different factory source. Ningbo Eurasian Beauty Trade Co is one of the Agent/wholesalers whom distribute All the Jun Ying affiliated brand labels (AF, JY, JL, JN, AS, Jarliet, etc) on online market places like AliB and DH Gate.

So the Label is not the issue, the supplying/wholesalers to the vendors intersecting segment in the diagram may be, if vendor is not sourcing via the direct segment.

Does this answer the question without blowing any "commercial in confidence" information?

Cheers Anung
Attached Images
File Type: png diagramme_de_venn.png (59.1 KB, 146 views)
Old 13-02-2020, 11:52 PM
Active New Member

Wow thank you all for the warm welcome!

People near me, yes northern meet up sounds good but sometime in summer. Weather is horrible in the next months. It's great to know fellow doll owners nearby!

Question also: Do we have a private telegram / facebook / whatsapp chatgroup or something?

Anung, thank you very much for the information. So it is "Jun Yung Factory" that is the source of all those brand dolls huh. I never knew such format of business existed. Need to learn more about it. I have been researching about Jun Ying, and all I can see is a company based in Hong Kong!?! Wth...

Anyway so super simplified explanation the way I understand it is;
There's a 16 different crayons in a box. AF, JY, YL etc. Kids are just sharing the crayons, it's just a matter of who gets what color exclusively. But ultimately, the box of crayons is manufactured by Crayola.

I neednto do more research about Jun Ying. Is Kimber Doll from Jun Ying?
Old 14-02-2020, 06:52 AM
Gold Member

OK Sure, no Worries,

The above diagram is a basic model of one factories interacts and distribution interfaces.

So this is a very brief rundown of Doll town China, from a chat I had with a TDF member recently.

OEM would me Original Equip manufacturer in general industry. In Doll world (and TDF labeling) mainly driven by Chinese labeling, OEM same reference, but in this case it refers to the doll Label or Brand (and these are the company that own the intellectual property, the appearance design and the license to have the dolls made by a contracted factory).

In the USA for example Abyss Realdoll and PIB (as two examples , there are a couple more) actually own the production facility and studios, so are real OEMs. Sanhui and Hitdoll/IL Doll in China (the two main silicone dolls) are similar, but they also make for other silicone labels too under contract, but they can only sell their own designs under their factory brand.

In China, labels like YL, WM , JY, as, AF, Irontech, D4E, 6YE,etc (as there are hundreds) contract to factories to make their designs.

So really Jinsan and Jun ying and DH168, Sell their own tpe factory brands as WM, JY, and DH168 respectively, but these factories also produce dolls for other labels as well who are considered OEMs (whom own the design) and these factories can not sell these clients design under their label.

Now ODM, is basically the next step down as a designer, whom only has the one brand and model line, think Kimber Doll and PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy.

So this is where you then get the sneaky non affiliated agents whom bulk by one doll from one factory, and bulk by heads from different labels, to combine them into a head body combo, to create a new doll appearance, that they then rebrand as there own....and now you see how the Amazon, Ebay and Alibaba/express dolls come about, but when the agent puts in a bulk order, they go for the most inexpensive specification of the available bodies.

In Sange/Sanhui's case, Sanhui owns Sange as a subsidiary business and facility that produces TPE versions of the Sanhui Silicone models, as well as vends for Sanhui's Silicone models as well.

Now some labels like Jellynew and Aibei for example, contract to multiple factories, and vice versa, factories may make for labels where other factories also make different models for the label, and then you got non affiliated agents whom buy in bulk basic spec cheaper stock factory units, put another head combo on it and then rebrand it to their company logo (Ali, Amazon, eBay is full of these dealers as just discussed).

Hope this explains it all(but this is the simplified version with only a few examples)

As for my dealings with JY for getting my designs commissioned into line models, yes, the Banking side of JY (Jun Ying, that is the owner Ella's family name) I recall that was based out of Hong Kong, and JY itself well here it is right here

https://www.google.com/maps/place/22...!4d114.1320877

As for Kimber, well, she is sourced via Aibei Dolls who contracts Jun Ying to make the majority of their catalogue, so a Yes and no, as JY make the doll blank, and Aibei does the finishing.

I chatted with Fletcher before about answering this, and he was happy for me to disclose if asked, as he is fully about credibility, reliability and transparency with the Kimber line.

So this Doll is labelled the AF Doll 152 Deonne

Se anyone familiar here, just somewhat more curvy

So maybe some useful info here.

Anung
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deonne 05.jpg (70.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Anung Un Rama; 14-02-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Old 14-02-2020, 08:18 AM
Gold Member

Anung, thanks for posting all of that - incredibly helpful and useful
Old 14-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anung Un Rama View Post
These factories should have a halo superimposed on them in Google Earth... 😇

Old 14-02-2020, 06:57 PM

Hey Lion, welcome.

Where did you get your JMDoll 75cm Angel C?

Ayana Akane's album

Old 15-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Active New Member

@nropnrop
From JMDoll directly. I contacted their skype. You need to speak to a guy called "John". Details in TDF forum. ��

@Anung Un Rama
Thank you very much man. I get it now. It's very complex but now I have more understading how it works in the doll business. You mentiined your own designs, do you have a website or are you a retailer or something? How can I browse your designs? And you mean head designs right? Is 152 Deonne your own? Cherrs mate.