UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:34 PM

Default Wig stained back of dolls head

just realized today the new wig form amazon i bought has stained the back of the dolls head....

is this something i can ignore since it should never be seen or should i attempt to clean it
Attached Images
File Type: png doll20.png (209.3 KB, 60 views)
Old 09-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroud View Post
just realized today the new wig form amazon i bought has stained the back of the dolls head....

is this something i can ignore since it should never be seen or should i attempt to clean it
You are not the first and will not be the last for the wigs cap to leave a nasty surprise. Happens to even seasoned doll owners. I personally had a very nasty checkerboard on the back of Charlottes head from a relatively expensive wig. Just seem to be the luck of the draw.

Ignored over time it fades (won't disappear completely) but it does that as the TPE is absorbing it. Ink absorbed has to go somewhen and that it either an expanded stain or deeper in.

Mostly they are deeper in but if it was on the hair line such as top of the forehead or near to the ears I would not risk it and would use stain remover.

For future reference it's advisable to use nylon wig caps. Even then though sometimes one is not enough to prevent staining and tops of ears really get a real hammering from wigs. Most of my girls at some time have had the tops of their ears treated with stain remover as I'm one of those who prefers black wigs.

Where the marks are at the moment you have no immediate worries.

Would I fix it. Yes. But I'm a perfectionist and it doesn't matter to me whether it can be seen by others. My girls are family and are treated as such. Do you need to fix it. Where it is. No.

Phil does small pots of stain remover for a tenner. One pot should be enough for that stain.

I find the banding on her head quite strange. Almost looks as though she has been 3D printed? Not seen that before.

Which of the two heads was it affected shroud?

Shamus.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member

odd some of the marks look like lettering.
becarefull with the stain remover some members have had it make the stains worse.

carlys_guy
Old 09-02-2020, 07:35 PM

ill just leave it for now and keep on eye on it, the stains are only on the back of the head not near the ears and you cant see anything with a wig on