UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Inventors Forum.

Old 14-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Diamond Member

Default 30mm Eyes...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/5564...ic-transparent

I believe... these will fit our Jinsans...?

Old 14-02-2020, 02:31 PM
Gold Member

Nice find. Ships from China, which may prove difficult/take a very long time to get here at the moment; looking around on Ebay, many sellers from China are marked as being on holiday so I'm assuming it'll be like that for many Chinese sellers elsewhere. When things appear to get back to normal out there, I'll get some of these and experiment.
eco
Old 14-02-2020, 06:15 PM
Diamond Member

Well, I needs me some of them!

As you know I tend to buy eye's in bulk but the selection is pretty resrictive.

I like these as they are off white and I've had a couple of sets. Pretty sure that the first one was 6 for seven pairs. Now its 7 for five pairs, But asolutely worth it.

There are LOADS of iris's out there but I had no idea where to get the blank shells from. Thanks so much matey. Will be seriously looking into those... And fingers crossed won't be long before one of the elves is looking through them

Cheers matey,

Shamus.

p.s. these are the eyes that I buy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fenteer-Eye...700396&sr=8-44

They're actually pretty good eye's.
Old 14-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Diamond Member

When I saw these... I immediately thought of your Newts iris'.

Then I thought... I could print some Anime iris'.

Then I thought... I don't have a bloody colour printer...

Then I thought... What's the plural for 'iris'...

Old 14-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Then I thought... I don't have a bloody colour printer...
You could print out the basics as black and white then use a watercolour or ink with brush wash; seal it with some clear acrylic lacquer.
Just a thought. I'm nowhere near ordering these things, yet, and I'm already thinking of things to try. I've even contemplated using LED lights and watch batteries, just in case Vicky wishes to turn Borg one evening (if only she knew that was what I was thinking as we sat on the sofa watching Jabberwocky, this afternoon.)
eco
Old 17-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Active New Member

I ordered a pair from Lucid toys as I'm more a fan of blue eyes:

https://www.lucidtoys.com/collections/dolls-eyes

Came quickly and look really good. Although obviously far more expensive than bulk buy from China.
Old Today, 12:30 AM

There are very few eyes out there that are actually eye colour. The blues in particular are too dark and/or too saturated. A lot also have very odd patterns on the iris detail. So questions
Some of the Sanhui and piper look ok but will they fit Jinsan?
Has anyone tried these build your own yet?

Thanks
Bob
Old Today, 01:03 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shybob View Post
There are very few eyes out there that are actually eye colour. The blues in particular are too dark and/or too saturated. A lot also have very odd patterns on the iris detail. So questions
Some of the Sanhui and piper look ok but will they fit Jinsan?
Has anyone tried these build your own yet?

Thanks
Bob
Hi Bob,

DollsForever / Piper / DH168 are I have to agree nice eyes. And yes, they are completely intechangeable with JY, YL, WM, OR, Irontech, SM, AS, AF, and many others.

SM do some particularly nice green eyes.

In real terms there may be a couple of mm difference in brands. but all of them fit and work well.

I'lve actually just fitted 35mm disc eye's into an SM head and they work REALLY! well.

You'll find that the bulk of the guys here will have stockpiles of eyes. That set that I linked to on Amazon is really nice, especially the slightly purple colour which goes really well with the elves (Those are Rivers eyes).

For realism though the likes of SM and D4E companies are articualrly nice... They may even be the same eyes as those companies share the same manufacturing complex (completely different companies though, unlike Dolls forever, DH167 and Piper which are all really three divisions of the same company).

Talking of which . Its not just the eyes. The wigs are phenominal as well.

Oh, just spoke to Charlotte about what you said about Jinsan eyes and she wanted to politely disagree....

Look into the eye's not around the eye's look into the eye's... You're under...

Lol.

That pics straight out of the can by the way, no playing around with colours or focus on that one.

Those eyes were ordered to be the same as her publicity shots which were from this shoot :

She looked so sweet there... Then Charlotte turned up! (Wouldn't be wothout her but don't tell her that!)

I know what you mean about the odd patterns.Think that it was the Irontech who had those. Don't remember now as she doesn't have them anymore.

My only issue with eyes is when they are too white to be realistic. I bought three pairs from Amazon that were absolute shit. But the five pairs that I bought were great so swings and roundabout there.

I don't know where you can get SM eyes from but Phil (The doll House ) would get you D4E eyes and hair. As mentioned above though I have a suspicion that SM and D4E "may" use the same supplier for their eyes. No evidence, just a feeling from having a few pairs of each.

All the best matey,

Shamus.