UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Cloud Climax (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-03-2018, 10:59 AM
Gold Member

Send a message via Skype™ to CloudClimax
Default Latest update videos DS Robotics

https://www.dsdollrobotics.com/offic...-from-ds-doll/

You can see the latest updates on the link above.

Best
Paul
Old 27-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for posting the update Paul , I found it very interesting.
Old 27-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Part of the Furniture

I would certainly be interested in a robotic head for the facial expressions and the ability to close her eyes at night. The moving eyes would make posing them much easier too

As for the rest, I'd like my dolls to be the dolls they are. Dont need them to move on their own or talk to me.

Very impressive.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 27-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Gold Member

The next date that humanity will remember for ever is when DS Dolls become self aware
Old 27-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Part of the Furniture

At that point all doll owners will give up. Once something becomes self aware and self determining it has the right to protections from abuse.

We dont bat an eyelid about robots building cars. Partly because they are obviously mechanical tools, and partly because we know they are just a machine following a set of instructions. We never think that RX-48 might like the weekend off to see the kids or go dancing. Why? Its a robot. Its a tool designed to perform a function.

Extrapolate this thinking to a fully autonomous humanoid robot, able to walk around, perform complex tasks (making a cup of Tea), able to listen to verbal command and interpret them correctly. Is it yet self aware? Yes and No. Yes it is aware of its physical self and surrounding. It has to be to interact with them. Does it think of itself of anything more than itself? No, it doesnt at this point. It is a machine given instructions and it follows them. Same as RX-48.

It is at this point however the alarmists would have you believe that Robots should either be banned or have rights.

Add an extra layer of complexity to its interactions. Allow it to respond to specific input stimulus in a specific way. (I'm going to concentrate on sex here as this is a love doll forum and thats where these innovations are headed) You give its bum a playful tap and it giggles. You hold its hand and it holds yours right back. You tell it I love you and it tells you it loves you back.

We're still in the realm of a machine responding to commands. It's not determining anything for itself other than which response from a pool of programmed responses to use for a given stimuli.

But its a whole lot more interactive and life like.

Now add in a true learning AI, one that can make its own choices determined from its core programming and learned information from interaction with the world around it. All of a sudden you have choice in there, you have self determination and with that comes self awareness and desire. Now you cannot demand the robot come to bed and have sex, because the robot may determine that that is not what it wants to do. You cannot order it to make a cup of tea, because it may not want to do that for you. As a tool it becomes useless, but as a conscious entity it now needs protection of its right to determine its own choices and for those choices to be accepted by those around it.

You could argue that you could include within the core code an imperative to follow all commands given to it by its verified users (Think the TV show Humans) but by doing that with an AI that can learn and determine its own preferences you place the intelligence in to bondage. You just built a slave.

What we all really want is a very clever robot, not a true AI. We want something that feels very real and alive to us, but with the comfort factor that we know its just a machine being driven by a very clever program thats able to react to input stimuli and give very believable responses but that there is actually nothing behind the eyes thinking do "I" or Dont "I" want to do this. I put "I" in quotes because thats the point here.

A simple example of what I mean:

You look across at her and say "I'd love a cup of tea"
She sighs heavily, puts down her magazine, gives you 'that' look, and gets up to go and make you one.

Feels kinda real, she seems put upon because you interrupted her reading.

What actually went through her CPU was

User Input Detected: User want cup of Tea
Determine Situation: Currently engaged in sudo activity (she's not actually reading the magazine)
Determine appropriate response: Look up interruption responses, select one
Display response: Huffy Sigh, roll eyes
Got Make Tea.

At no point does that system ever think Do I want to? it simply follows the program. it will always comply, but the outward responses are very 'human' giving the impression of much more going on inside. This isnt a Slave AI as at no point does it ever become self aware. it cant, its a computer running a program running a mechanical tool.

Sorry for long post, but I'ver had deep discussions with people about this before and thought it relevant to this topic and comments above.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet

Last edited by Karrot; 27-03-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:18 PM

Default Robotic love

Very impressive and a far superior attempt at creating a robotic companion than the efforts of the two fellows who appear in BBC Three's documentary Can Robots Love Us? (available on BBC iPlayer) with their 'sex doll with AI' called Sam who seems to be rather camera shy. The programme is worth a watch. Stick with it to the end where presenter James Young tries to coax some life out of Sam on a car journey.
Old 27-03-2018, 02:33 PM

I couldn't agree more with Karrot. As a programmer (albeit, not an advanced AI programmer, but a programmer never the less) I find it hard to believe that true artificial intelligence will ever exist. We just create further complicated programs to simulate what a real person might do or think. The pseudo code Karrot listed is exactly what it'd be like.

However I DO want us to get to that point with these love robots the video posted by Paul at Cloud Climax is a step in the right direction. It excites me, the idea of a doll that moves and speaks and reacts. But of course, the point of a doll is that they can be whatever we want them to be. I'd want the hardware set up so that we can all program how we want them to act, in our own personal preference. I don't want a self aware doll, I want to be able to program my doll to say hi to me when I come home from work and cuddle me in my bed.

I think I'm rambling now but I'm sure my point has been made.

I don't want artificial intelligence, but artificial companionship? That's something I'd enjoy. Also if you can program her to talk about whatever you want or do whatever you want, it could make for some very interesting shenanigans...

Anyway, thanks for the update Paul! Keep them coming!
Old 27-03-2018, 03:13 PM

Invervar, just watched that video you recommended, oh my...

Well we clearly have a long way to go still. The Sam bot was hilariously bad, but the scene with Pepper and Bill was really quite touching.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Gold Member

Is it still playstation controller controlled ?
Expressions would be good on a doll; but all i would personally like physically is her to be able to give me a hug ! (Non Terminator style) And maybe a snog. (Tongue not required)!
Old 27-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
Is it still playstation controller controlled ?
Expressions would be good on a doll; but all i would personally like physically is her to be able to give me a hug ! (Non Terminator style) And maybe a snog. (Tongue not required)!
Tongue DEFINITELY required