UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Tomcat's Avatar
Tomcat Tomcat is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Uk
Posts: 395
Default Fixing broken finger

Grrrrrrr my doll gt broken small finger . Think wire come out or sumthing .
Any ideas ??
Thx
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Alistair's Avatar
Alistair Alistair is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 100
Default

Let me know if the answer becomes apparent, for this is the bane of my doll life.
__________________
RealGirls: I tried, I failed, I moved on.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2018, 06:49 PM
waspie waspie is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 535
Default

There are youtube videos and lots of people to help. What i did to preserve my doll to avoid scars etc was gently pull the flimsy wire out all together. Her finger is now floppy, but it has preserved the finger shape without tearing and disfiguring said finger. Now shae can pose and no one would be any the ewiser just by looking when the hand is posed If you're brave enough to do DIY, good luck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Alistair's Avatar
Alistair Alistair is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
gently pull the flimsy wire out all together
I can see that this would solve problems. All you had to do was pull?
__________________
RealGirls: I tried, I failed, I moved on.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:04 PM
waspie waspie is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
I can see that this would solve problems. All you had to do was pull?
Yes, made sure the wire was definitely detached from the main plate, and VERY gently pulled through the tiny hole in the end of the finger. You can seal the finger tip hole if one wanted, but it's so small i didn't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2018, 05:11 PM
finelovedolls's Avatar
finelovedolls finelovedolls is offline
Active New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 11
Default

Hi there!

ABCcupfan made a great detailed post about it here:

https://www.finelovedolls.com/forums...ers-tpe-dolls/

Hope that helps! At your disposal if you have more questions!
__________________
Fine Love Dolls ® Ultra Realistic TPE Dolls
Discover all of our gorgeous TPE Love Dolls at:*www.finelovedolls.com

Select from more than 500 beautiful TPE dolls or create your own 100% custom!​

Free Delivery Worldwide • Discreet Billing & Shipping • Duty Paid (EU & USA)

NEW! Build your own accessories custom bundle kit! Hundreds of items to choose from! Clothing, jewelry, tattoo decals & much more! Click here

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:51 AM
MrBacon MrBacon is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DK
Posts: 115
Default

I have a WM doll to.
10 months old, and are now having the same problems with fingers.
The wires are breaking, this is really disappointing.
Thnx to all of you guys here at the forum, sharing your knowledge and experience.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Tomcat's Avatar
Tomcat Tomcat is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Uk
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBacon View Post
I have a WM doll to.
10 months old, and are now having the same problems with fingers.
The wires are breaking, this is really disappointing.
Thnx to all of you guys here at the forum, sharing your knowledge and experience.
My suggestions is as I been told is pull wires out if they piercing skin but do it from Palm of hand .
Removing wires makes fingers extremely floppy . So you could use gloves .
Bandage hands another option .
Or better still total replacement of wires .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2018, 01:18 AM
ABCcupFan's Avatar
ABCcupFan ABCcupFan is offline
Active New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 10
Default

Greetings again

Tomcat, that is what we call cheap fingers.

They take one wire, and double it and then twist it together. Then they wrap it with cotton string and when in the mould the TPE cools and adheres to the cotton string. Quite brilliant I say, other than the wire material. The cotton keeps your girls fingers from twisting on the wire.
Sadly when the repair is done, you won't have that benefit any longer.
I have played with that tag wire and it broke in about the same time the factory fingers did.. Poor Eva's fingers looks like a Jazz hand again. I myself an holding off on repairs again. Kévin from Fine Love Dolls has been very gracious in helping me obtain some new palm plates for Eva. Direct from WM! (He's a miracle worker!)

I have to cut the thumb and pinky holes myself as they will fit several different model dolls. I may also have to shorten the body. This is no problem for me and my Dremmel tool

The nature of the break I think is this... good old fashioned physics.
Most of them break right where they exit the palm plate. I really do not think there is anything that can stop that. its like if it bends, it touches a sharp edge. I have been extra careful with Eva's fingers and just noticed they all went about the same time less her Pinky and Thumb.

On her Left hand I just used some danged ol House wire!! about 12gauge. with the rubber insulation and a plasticized coating.
Pros: Holding up great, looks great. had a grip that she can ski with.
Cons: Stiff AF to bend, have to be extra careful posing as not to cause a finger poke. Kinda feels unnatural.

I will be sure and update my ideas as soon as I brainstorm into a good fix.
Still, my tutorial is relevant, I also added some videos on removal of the old wires and some close ups of the palm plate. but NOT a pro camera man.

here's some info pics on the WM hand. and one of an SM hand in a mould. SM uses even smaller wires and my 138cm Elf already lost 3 fingers but they are still posing and stuck well enough that I am not messing with them.
The white gauze is also on the WM. It helps the TPE to stick to the plate as mentioned in the fingers.
Best regards!
ABCcupFan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Finger 3.jpg (49.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png palmplate.png (238.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SM 138cm hand.jpg (36.5 KB, 26 views)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Tomcat's Avatar
Tomcat Tomcat is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Uk
Posts: 395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCcupFan View Post
Greetings again

Tomcat, that is what we call cheap fingers.

They take one wire, and double it and then twist it together. Then they wrap it with cotton string and when in the mould the TPE cools and adheres to the cotton string. Quite brilliant I say, other than the wire material. The cotton keeps your girls fingers from twisting on the wire.
Sadly when the repair is done, you won't have that benefit any longer.
I have played with that tag wire and it broke in about the same time the factory fingers did.. Poor Eva's fingers looks like a Jazz hand again. I myself an holding off on repairs again. Kévin from Fine Love Dolls has been very gracious in helping me obtain some new palm plates for Eva. Direct from WM! (He's a miracle worker!)

I have to cut the thumb and pinky holes myself as they will fit several different model dolls. I may also have to shorten the body. This is no problem for me and my Dremmel tool

The nature of the break I think is this... good old fashioned physics.
Most of them break right where they exit the palm plate. I really do not think there is anything that can stop that. its like if it bends, it touches a sharp edge. I have been extra careful with Eva's fingers and just noticed they all went about the same time less her Pinky and Thumb.

On her Left hand I just used some danged ol House wire!! about 12gauge. with the rubber insulation and a plasticized coating.
Pros: Holding up great, looks great. had a grip that she can ski with.
Cons: Stiff AF to bend, have to be extra careful posing as not to cause a finger poke. Kinda feels unnatural.

I will be sure and update my ideas as soon as I brainstorm into a good fix.
Still, my tutorial is relevant, I also added some videos on removal of the old wires and some close ups of the palm plate. but NOT a pro camera man.

here's some info pics on the WM hand. and one of an SM hand in a mould. SM uses even smaller wires and my 138cm Elf already lost 3 fingers but they are still posing and stuck well enough that I am not messing with them.
The white gauze is also on the WM. It helps the TPE to stick to the plate as mentioned in the fingers.
Best regards!
ABCcupFan
Thx for post friend .
I'm gonna try garden wire . It says strong and long lasting .
Did play around with it see if it breaks but seemed ok .
Can't believe those dolls use cheap way and rest body is solid skeleton.
Small jointed fingers they need .
Is the plate completely hollow . Will it need filling ?
Thx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.