UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum

Old 11-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Active New Member

Samurai konnichiwa!

Wow your model has some great detail!!
I don't know about going for the full on Japanese face though. I remember seeing The Grudge (the American one with Sarah Michelle Gellar) in the cinema when it came out, and I swear, I saw floating kabuki heads for a fortnight every time the lights went off!!

I would be curious to see what other heads go with Kimber's body though, or to dress her up in a Japanese style, I think that would be quite nice!!
Old 11-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

I could be mistaken but I think that some members have put WM heads on Kimber bodies, however you'll probably pay pretty close to the same price for a head

Much can be done to change the look of a Kimber though, change the eyes and wig, and do some new make-up. She will then look very different.

Disclaimer: I am absolutely rubbish at make-up so try that at your own risk!
Old 11-01-2021, 04:00 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizaa_Chan View Post
Willendorph san, hajimemashite! I think your Japanese is far better than mine!! I can just about read hiragana, I'm ok but shaky with katakana, and I haven't even tried kanji!!
I haven't even installed Japanese keyboard on my laptop!
(Hence the romaji)
Do you study online? I'm studying using books and Youtube lessons. Sounds slightly disconnected, but its all by the same author

I study as a passtime, some weeks I'll do a couple of hours, but then sometimes I might not study for a couple of months! Although I do find it very enjoyable! I've always been pretty good with foreign languages, and there's something about spoken Japanese that I find really relaxing.

Yes I'm a big Tekken fan!! Always fancied myself as some hot s**t until the first time I played online and got my ass handed to me!!

So now I play from time to time, I'm more into watching anime with my daughter. I always watched them with English dub but she's forced me to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in Japanese. It's great, but I'm picking up so much slang!!

Maybe you, Revol and I (and any other Japanese students) should start our own thread!?
I saw an area for non-doll related topics somewhere.

Thanks for the welcome
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

Shizaa
I study as part of an actual class, but like everything these days it's fully online now. It's expensive taking proper lessons, but having an actual tutor who is Japanese is good - that and I need the structure of lessons and homework or I think I'd get lazy with my studies or lose interest over time. I just learn for fun though - I've always liked videogames since the PS1 (first game was actually Tekken 2 and I played the shit out of it! - Kazuya in a purple suit forever!). I didn't realise so many of the games i liked were Japanese at the time to be honest.

I went from games to anime and from anime to Japanese music (mostly j-rock, metal, visual kei bands). I've been there ever since. My other hobby is playing guitar so discovering so many great bands basically sold me on Japanese culture for life. Obviously I always had a thing for Asian women too, so that explains my doll collection! I do a lot of cosplay with them as I love sci-fi, fantasy and anime styles, but for some reason always liked the girl's outfits more...

I sometimes use a website called Animelon - it's a free anime streaming site that's designed as an educational tool. You can change the subtitles to show the English or written Japanese and can slow/speed up the video/audio. Also you can click on words and kanji to get a translation.

It's well worth going to Japan if you get the chance. I've been a few times and being there it's strange but you get this "oh, this is what England is supposed to be like" feeling It's just so clean and crime free, and everyone is slim and beautiful. Literally, I went to Osaka and spent 2 weeks there and never saw a single person who was even moderately overweight.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:56 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
I could be mistaken but I think that some members have put WM heads on Kimber bodies...
I do, Tighes1 does, and AmyDoll does. Probably others.

Kimber matches WM Tan & Light Tan sufficiently well to be compatible.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:49 PM

日本語は話せませんが、インターネット翻訳は使えます
Old 13-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Active New Member

I had to check Translate too!!
Old 13-01-2021, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't but from what I can understand from the first part, I think he is asking if you speak Japanese, the rest is lost to me