UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum.

Old 15-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Bronze Member

Default Scheduled delivery for Friday - should I be excited?

So, my new doll shipped out

She is coming from china via UPS, and the delivery is supposed to be scheduled for this Friday (18th)! That sounds way too good to be true to me

Should I be excited? I think I'll be optimistic and see what happens.

I did tell the factory to send her direct and I'd pay tax as needed as there's no doing that old ship to Hungary bit to avoid import tax with brexit so soon on the horizon.

Fingers crossed for a decent world tour for her!
Old 15-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Expect to be disappointed.

You won't be disappointed...

Old 15-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Bronze Member

Fingers crossed for you, what a great Christmas present
Old 15-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Silver Member

My emma turned up a day earlier than i was told but then we didn't have the problems we do at the moment.
She was rescheduled for the following day and i spent hours looking out the window like a meercat lol.
Best of luck
Old 15-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Gold Member

Congrats Will - hope she arrives safely.
Old 15-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys - I'm hopeful, but there are definitely no guarantees at the moment. To be honest, I'm just glad she's shipping directly as I think anything coming through Europe will be a mess soon, and I really wanted to avoid that. Let's hope I can share photos soon
Old 15-12-2020, 08:30 PM
Bronze Member

Got my fingers crossed for you!!! Legs too... though i do kinda need a wee so maybe that's unrelated. OH! I'll cross my arms for you.

yawynA, i epoh- okay... had to uncross my arms... Like Adam, i sit so close to the window my face marks the glass when i'm waiting for a delivery. I can't relax until whatever i've ordered is safely in my hands.
Old 15-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Got my fingers crossed for you!!! Legs too... though i do kinda need a wee so maybe that's unrelated. OH! I'll cross my arms for you.

yawynA, i epoh- okay... had to uncross my arms... Like Adam, i sit so close to the window my face marks the glass when i'm waiting for a delivery. I can't relax until whatever i've ordered is safely in my hands.
... maybe I should just set up a deck chair out front and accost every delivery truck that goes by until she arrives...
Old 15-12-2020, 11:39 PM
Bronze Member

Well... let me tell you something... because i basically sit/ stand by the window like a peeper waiting for a delivery, i then have to practise my, "Hello? Oh yes i ordered something didn't i?" face. I also have, on a few occasions been SO delighted that my order has arrived because i can see a driver outside in the van, opened my front door VERY early (like, before the driver has got out of the van). panicked because of how odd it would be to the driver, slammed the door shut, hid under the window of my front door and then panicked again because when he rings the bell, he's going to see me appearing from below like i live in some crazy house with a lift just through my front door and then army crawled away from the door VERY quickly because at this point of course, the driver will be close to my door...

And that's just an Amazon order or something. Imagine what i'm like when something REALLY exciting is on it's way!
Old 16-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willendorph View Post
So, my new doll shipped out

She is coming from china via UPS, and the delivery is supposed to be scheduled for this Friday (18th)! That sounds way too good to be true to me

Should I be excited? I think I'll be optimistic and see what happens.

I did tell the factory to send her direct and I'd pay tax as needed as there's no doing that old ship to Hungary bit to avoid import tax with brexit so soon on the horizon.

Fingers crossed for a decent world tour for her!

Congratulations!
If she's going direct via UPS do check the online tracker with the number the factory should have given you

https://www.ups.com/gb/en/services/tracking.page

That should not only tell you (hopefully!) the weight, but also the delivery date + time.
It also has a message feature (free), so you can get txt updates to your phone for ongoing transit info, saving having to make daily website checks!

If the UPS driver does offer (assuming Covid19 procedures) to help carry the large crate to your door (rather than sack barrow etc it there), then DO certainly accept if you're the only person at home.

The crates can be heavy, certainly if the factory used wood rather than industrial cardboard, and while the UPS driver can move stuff alone usually with a barrow (Health and Safety!!) it's way better to have 2 people carry the doll's crate from both ends and as flat as possible.

Certainly if the weather is not good, AND also saves getting a nosey neighbour involved, if you get stuck trying to shift it all by yourself... and end up needing help!

"Oh it's heavy, so what's in this then!!??"