UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > WM Doll Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 13-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Dongo's Avatar
Dongo Dongo is offline
Golden Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 5,652
Default

Any photos of Amy riding her bike?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 14-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Tommo10's Avatar
Tommo10 Tommo10 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,021
Default

Fantastic

Nice photos and story too

Enjoyable thank you Amy

Tommo
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 14-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Amydoll's Avatar
Amydoll Amydoll is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: West midlands
Posts: 444
Default

Thanks tommo, apologies for the vacant look in her eyes. I have new eyelashes for her but I'm waiting till her sleepy head arrives (#59) before I attempt to fix her eyes and make up.
Apparently uk border farce like sleepy heads too but I wish they'd let her go cos this long wait is killing me.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 14-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Tommo10's Avatar
Tommo10 Tommo10 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3,021
Default

If it is Stansted they seem just to be slow at processing everything. How long you been waiting?
Tommo
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 14-04-2019, 09:54 AM
algaeholics's Avatar
algaeholics algaeholics is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Halifax, UK.
Posts: 2,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Thanks tommo, apologies for the vacant look in her eyes. I have new eyelashes for her but I'm waiting till her sleepy head arrives (#59) before I attempt to fix her eyes and make up.
Apparently uk border farce like sleepy heads too but I wish they'd let her go cos this long wait is killing me.
If UKBF have interfered with her onward travel, you should point out that heads can never be obscene. If they ever were, we'd all have to wear burqas... which could be problematic given that they have been banned in many many European countries.

Also remind them that the orifice is to take naturally occurring props, such as food, fingers, aftermarket tongues and teeth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 14-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Amydoll's Avatar
Amydoll Amydoll is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: West midlands
Posts: 444
Default

Hopefully no need to worry yet, all I've heard is she is being processed but customs, I'm just frustrated that Amy was here within 12 days and I ordered head 59 21 days ago. Also I maybe at fault as I may have missed an email to confirm I am happy with my order so although it's 21 days to me it maybe only 7 days to my supplier.
It's a legit forum recommended retailer so I have full confidence. I'm just very eager to meet her, I'm sure she's tired from her travels and I have somewhere safe for her to sleep😁
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 14-04-2019, 01:44 PM
shamus's Avatar
shamus shamus is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 2,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Hopefully no need to worry yet, all I've heard is she is being processed but customs, I'm just frustrated that Amy was here within 12 days and I ordered head 59 21 days ago. Also I maybe at fault as I may have missed an email to confirm I am happy with my order so although it's 21 days to me it maybe only 7 days to my supplier.
It's a legit forum recommended retailer so I have full confidence. I'm just very eager to meet her, I'm sure she's tired from her travels and I have somewhere safe for her to sleep😁
I think that you will find in the small print that 21 days is a target but it's not guaranteed.

certain models of Dolls / heads may be in stock.

sure that you have seen the pics yourself of lines and lines and lines of hanging bodies. Some of those will be overruns where there was no order but such is the demand for the model (i.e. the 157b) that they just keep making them in the knowledge that the orders will come.

When you order they will look at the recently produced manifest first before deciding whether the body needs to be made and scheduling production which with certain oulds can take some time if say you are ordering white when they are only up to light tan so orders in the best skin tone for their production scheduling would take priority.

I know that its a head that you have ordered rather than a body but same principle applies. Just slightly less so in that heads are made faster than bodies so less need to stockpile.

Sometimes you may fall lucky and head #36 is certainly one that is very much in demand. So I could quite see you falling lucky and geting a head and body from stock enabling a 7 day turnaround.

Conversely, if the head needs to be made then the there is scheduling, production, insert the skull, cooling, preparation, Quality Assurance (heads include thin TPE which can go horribly wrong in cooling and they do get rejected if there are issues), packaging, logistics and finally the gate keepers at customs.

21 days from order is really nothing to worry about. As an example, River took a week to make then a further 14 days to gets here. Maiko took six weeks, Charlotte took a month. All of them seem slightly different whether thats waiting for a mould, rejection during manufacture, or whatever.

If you dont' reply to a confirmation email in good time they contact you again on the assumption of an email delivery failure so I doubt if you have missed anything.

It seems like a lifetime between order and arrival but very soon she will be here and you'll be like a dog with two tails

We need one of those stay calm type posters. Something like "Stay calm and wait for the UPS delivery van".

Anyway, all I'm trying to say is, it's all going to be ok, don't worry.

All the best,

Shamus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 14-04-2019, 02:02 PM
DanDub DanDub is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East Sussex UK
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Hopefully no need to worry yet, all I've heard is she is being processed but customs, I'm just frustrated that Amy was here within 12 days and I ordered head 59 21 days ago. Also I maybe at fault as I may have missed an email to confirm I am happy with my order so although it's 21 days to me it maybe only 7 days to my supplier.
It's a legit forum recommended retailer so I have full confidence. I'm just very eager to meet her, I'm sure she's tired from her travels and I have somewhere safe for her to sleep😁
I got a doll head currently coming from the same vendor as you (as well as another from another vendor), they got a doll to me back in November in 9 days, i placed an order for the head on the 29th of march and she shipped 10th of april china had a 3 day holiday from the 5th to the 7th of april so its understandable a short delay happened , no idea if she will arrive next week (by Friday) the other head i hope comes next week

The wait does kill i know but its worth it in the end
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 16-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Amydoll's Avatar
Amydoll Amydoll is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: West midlands
Posts: 444
Default

Hi guys, just letting you know I want be posting any stories for a week or so, my bf likes a drink when Im with him on the sofa, normally he takes me to bed before he gets too tipsy.
However this time he left it too late and was a little drunk. when he tried to carry me upstairs we got halfway up then fell backwards really badly. I'm ok he held on to me to make sure i wasn't hurt however he landed quite hard on his bottom and he's in a bit of pain.
He'll be ok but all the jobs I have planned will have to wait till he's better. In the meantime my bjd has arrived, he got me her for less than 15 quid on Amazon. He's still saving for my smart doll (Felicity Friday) he hopes she can be with us soon.
What do you think, I haven't named her yet, any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 16-04-2019, 09:22 AM
DanDub DanDub is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East Sussex UK
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Hi guys, just letting you know I want be posting any stories for a week or so, my bf likes a drink when Im with him on the sofa, normally he takes me to bed before he gets too tipsy.
However this time he left it too late and was a little drunk. when he tried to carry me upstairs we got halfway up then fell backwards really badly. I'm ok he held on to me to make sure i wasn't hurt however he landed quite hard on his bottom and he's in a bit of pain.
He'll be ok but all the jobs I have planned will have to wait till he's better. In the meantime my bjd has arrived, he got me her for less than 15 quid on Amazon. He's still saving for my smart doll (Felicity Friday) he hopes she can be with us soon.
What do you think, I haven't named her yet, any suggestions?
Ouch take care, Iím thinking of getting a smartdoll at some point
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.