UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:50 AM
Bronze Member

Default How Many Of You Take Your Dolls Out?

Partly inspired by Revol's recent post, I was wondering who else takes their doll out of the house for photoshoots or just simply out for the ride?

The only time I've done it so far was to get to the Meet last year, she rode in the passenger seat with no problems. Also managed to get her to a nice viewpoint by a big dam on the way home. But apart from that, I haven't had much chance really. The fun bit is trying to sneak her out of the house when nobody is watching. Once on the road I don't care. I guess this is where our little Phicens come in quite useful!

We're making plans for something at some point soon. Here's Lynne trying to work out where we should go (she's quite handy with a map, and less of a nag than a satnav):

"I reckon we need to go this way..."

So who heads out and about with your ladies? Got any daft stories to tell?
Old 02-03-2019, 07:12 AM

I'm really itching to get one or two girls out somewhere this year, I just need a free weekend and good weather to happen at the same time
I have travelled with upto three in the car a few times now, like you say, my main issue is also them 10 or so metres in and out the car to the house. My road is quite long, I can see along it in both directions, and yet even when I have checked the coast is clear, by the time I have got whoever safely in my arms and lifting her out of the car, some dog walker has decided to stop at my gate post and let their dog have a sniff up it. the first time was when I returned home from the meet with Ginger and I have changed my method now, the blanket idea was stupid it looks like you have a dead body, all I can say is at least I was going into the house and not the other way around.
I am not that bothered about the neighbours seeing me other than this small fact, my road is mainly bungalows and with.... how can I put this..... I am 48 years old soon, I bet the average age in my street is at least 20 years above that, my closest neighbours are all well in their 70's and 80's, I am more fearful of heart attacks than anything else, I don't half worry when they get their tops off in my back garden. (My dolls! not the neighbours )
So back on topic.... Traveling in the car is no problem, I don't really care anymore, if I have to pull up on the journey I just park somewhere a little out the way, but it isn't always possible and that's the point I get my not giving a monkeys head on. I probably had the worst place possible outside McDonalds the other week with three girls in my car when I met Sam, but considering I made such a hash of getting into a space somewhere sensible, that actually my car was no way going to fit and me get out the door. I just gave up and put it in the biggest space I could see. Then I had to stop for a pee, which had become at little desperate due to deciding I should have stopped at the previous service station, needs must and I parked directly in front of the doors. My car came with standard tinted glass and the rear windows are very dark close to been blacked out, so it ain't actually any problem it's very difficult to see in.

Excellent photos btw Muninn

Tommo

Last edited by Tommo10; 02-03-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: forgot to comment about Muninn's great photos
Old 02-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muninn View Post
Got any daft stories to tell?
Nice piccies Muninn!

FACT: I did take 140 Allie to a wild camp site stuffed into a rucksack with her feet poking out... I expect I'll be doing that again.

FICTION: I took Allie out on the motorbike once. I was pulled by the Police for not having insurance to carry a pillion passenger and they seized my bike and fined me. I'll just let Allie walk the next time she needs toilet rolls...
Old 02-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Administrator

I've taken mine up to and around Scotland and onto the Isles. The woman cashier at Uig having seen me drive up and then want to buy a single ticket insisted on measuring my camper on the pretext of querying it's length and went straight to the cab to look at Pagan. Big smiles and ticket issued along with polite questions, same as with the ferry crews on being parked in the ferry bays.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Only once a year to the Doll Meet.

Last edited by Dongo; 04-03-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 AM

Without a car it's going to take quite the effort to bring Kaede out and about. That and there are a lot of folk around here who would likely abuse either myself and / or Kaede so it's not worth our risk sadly. Hopefully when summer arrives I'll be able to use the back garden for some photos, just errr without the neighbours noticing.

We were doing a clear out today and wifey wanted to get rid of Kaedes original box she came in, needless to say, that wasn't going to happen for those reasons alone hsould we move house again.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

I would personally never take a large doll out where I live, way too many people and likely to be judgemental, and there are people around here who I would very much hate knowing about this life. I have driven to Karrot's, Kat's and the meet with my girls on view, bagged up till I was away from my locale though and then unbagged for the remainder of the journey. It is so much easier with 1/3 scale dolls who quite happily sleep inside a box until we get to where I want to use for the shoot
One of my neighbours did see Karrot and I unloading one of his girls, all bagged up in a cloth bag. After he left for home that neighbour asked 'What's with the dead bodies?', to which I replied, 'Oh, I collect them' with absolutely no explanation Another elderly neighbour went from casual conversation to a hurried 'Hello' for a while after I'm sure he saw me unloading my girls one day
Old 04-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Bronze Member

its the same this end nosy prying neighbors would have me drawn and quarted
nice 1950's car and girl - but a photo of TB in the car floating around the net and the owners club member's would be in their element .

set track and housebound Lisa xxx
Old 04-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Administrator

You guy's are crazy, wouldn't catch me taking my dolls out...

Old 04-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Active New Member

Maybe eventually, way too scared to take any of mine out.

Looking to move in a year or two and I'm already nervous about how and when to take them to the new house. Probably a late evening when it's sufficiently dark outside.

Wish I was as brave as some of you.