UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default Long ramble

this will be quite a long ramble so either thanks in advance for your patience or feel free to scroll by and ignore.
first apologies again for not being here much a combination of depression and frankly lack of enthusiasm. thank you to Samurai for running the for sale forum in my abscence and doing a far better job than i did. the dolly jukebox forum is hardly ever used and the hotspot forum more or less runs itself.
i have hardly moved my 3 remaining dolls all winter and they are now more or less glorified ornaments sat looking at me over my coffee table.
therefore i am contemplating selling avril my teddybabe and my 1 remaining fabric doll for reason one the lack of interest and 2 funds toward a new doll purchase.
i am still obsessed with a particular wm doll and feel that she will rekindle my doll interplay enthusiasm.
i was toying with the idea of a loan to get the new doll as aswell as being obsessive i'm also very impatient but reluctant to get more debt.
the money from a 2 doll sale plus the sale of my full german ss officers uniform would get me almost halway to the purchase price plus if i quit the cigs(yes still trying) the saving from them would speed things up.
still a bit all over the shop in my schizophrenic state so please bear with me maybe the sunnier weather will encourage me to take a doll out on another al fresco photoshoot?
Wellbeing and happiness to you all.
Phil.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Hi Phil, I can empathise more than you might realise.

Do try and get an outdoor shoot done. You may suddenly realise what you have been missing by procrastinating.

One step at a time sir...
Old 07-04-2019, 11:36 AM
Active New Member

Upon reading this someone here nagged me to send you this message:

I guess what she means is hang on. You've got lots of friends here to help you in passing this difficulty. In addition, I think since fabric girls are lighter they will also be easier to carry and thus photoshoot outside. Not that such things have ever stopped you, but just saying. Enjoy your summer, save up and get your new girl for the holidays at the end of the year

P.S. Sorry if some bank personnel was offended. I guess in Estrid's realm, banks are mostly managed by goblins.

P.S.2. ... at some point i had the kinky idea of getting charged by my girls (maybe not Estrid though cos she's above those things) for the cuddles, kisses and all with them saving up the money for buying a sister/brother. Guess it's a pretty unorthodox way (and most probably not your way) of saving up but i just thought I'd share.

Whatever you decide, good luck with that and I hope you have your new girl soon
Old 07-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Diamond Member

Default Hi Phil

Hi Phil. You seem down mate and it's a shame you seem to have lost your sparkle. I for one, would miss your frequent contributions and your excellent photo montages.
Selling Avril? If only I had the room. I do hope she finds a new home them but I take comfort from my ladies when I'm down (and old and falling apart!) Give the girls a cuddle but if it has to be a new one......
Anyway my Kat and Julie remember you from the meets and send their regards,
Old 07-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Diamond Member

That wasn't a long ramble. I didn't have to scroll. So no apologies needed.

My Dad passed on a few weeks ago with a prelude of not eating nor drinking. So my distraction by doll people has been somewhat overtaken by events and I've been quiet on the photography front.

Really try to avert your gaze from TPE dolls. Silicone dolls are much better, more long lasting.

I've only just come out of overdraft myself and have to tell my wife that I don't want to go into overdraft again without sight of money coming in to repay it.

Not ever having smoked I can't know what it is to have to give up, but perhaps desire for doll and desire not to have overdraft might be incentive for every cig not smoked to be a step on the path to your real desires.

Best wishes and all encouragement,

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Ey up Phil,

they're not going to be able to cheer you up mate unless you go, pick em up and give them a hug.

They've also had a hard few months of losing sisters and need some time with you like it used to be. An outing would be perfect. Doesn't cost the earth and they get to remind you why they chose you in the first place.

Look after you Phil,

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Silver Member

Hi Phil hope you ok mate? I reckon that tpe doll that you have your eye on is lovely and every bit as good as a budget sil doll and worth giving up the cigs for i packed in same day as you and so far have not had a single fag be strong mate you can pull it off and unless you can spend big dough on a silicone like realdoll or woods etc then i would ignore harems comment on sil dolls be well chin up you will get there kindist regards silver
Old 07-04-2019, 05:29 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
That wasn't a long ramble. I didn't have to scroll. So no apologies needed.

My Dad passed on a few weeks ago with a prelude of not eating nor drinking. So my distraction by doll people has been somewhat overtaken by events and I've been quiet on the photography front.

Really try to avert your gaze from TPE dolls. Silicone dolls are much better, more long lasting.

I've only just come out of overdraft myself and have to tell my wife that I don't want to go into overdraft again without sight of money coming in to repay it.

Not ever having smoked I can't know what it is to have to give up, but perhaps desire for doll and desire not to have overdraft might be incentive for every cig not smoked to be a step on the path to your real desires.

Best wishes and all encouragement,

Harem
I'm sorry for your loss Harem, I have a (non blood) relative descending into late stage Alzheimer's at the moment so can relate to your emotional turmoil. As such I'm not going to bite on the Silicone / TPE comment. We can move back into our trenches for normal warfare to resume in less difficult times and in other threads.

kindest regards,

Shamus.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox71 View Post
i packed in same day as you and so far have not had a single fag
Well done SF
Old 07-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Bronze Member

Hey Phil,

Sorry to hear you're struggling with things. I know that feeling well as I've had my share of low periods over the years.

I think that it's quite normal to have periods where you're not quite as obsessed with dolls. But they're also a very good diversion from the blues in my experience. Give them a good hug, and get them dressed up. Even if you can't/don't want to venture outdoors right now, there's always plenty of photo opportunities in the home. Can't wait for summer to come around myself... the mood always lifts when it's sunny and warm, and there's a doll in the passenger seat of your car.

It's a good call not wanting to get into debt. Even though our dollies are pretty expensive to buy and maintain, I'm pretty willing to say that most of us on here aren't loaded! I've not had a permanent job for about a year, just a bit of freelancing and commission work, so I'm running a low budget... would really like to get some more tools to fix Lynne's hands properly, but they'll wait until the next pay packet. If you can give up the cigs, then do it and good luck. I went over to vaping last year, got down to 5 cigs a day - reckon I was saving a tenner a week, which went into my savings pot.

Anyway, plenty of friendly ears on here for you. Fingers crossed you can figure things out. Look after yourself!

Muninn and Lynne