UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Doll Maintenance and repair forum.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

Unhappy The brand new "Water-Doll" from Mondino-corp!

So I finally took Wendy out of her closet, recently, after not seeing her for possibly 5-6 months or so...

The last time I had her out, I gave her a thorough clean, inside and out, before putting her into storage.

When I took her out the other day, I saw that there were brown streaks running down from her neck... I sat her down on the bed, removed her head for inspection, and out came maybe half a shot's worth of rusty, brown water...

It turns out there's actually a small tear at the back of her throat. So when I cleaned inside her mouth (6 months ago), the water had gone into her neck and straight down into the skeleton. Initial thoughts: this can't be good.

I've tipped her upside down and only a tiny volume of water dripped out. I assume there's more still lodged inside her somewhere. The stains on her skin wiped off easy enough, but I can see from the neck that the pipe is all rusted. I can only assume that the entire internal skeleton is exactly the same.

So my question is this...

What do I do?!?!?!?!

her arms and legs still move around okay, for now, and I assume there isn't actually much I can do about the internal rusting at this point... But I thought I'd ask you guys anyway.

And how the heck would I go about repairing the TPE inside her head? I can barely get my finger in there... (no pun intended)
For the moment, I've just plugged up her neck hole with blue-tack, to prevent more of the same.

Thoughts?
Old 09-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Bronze Member

And yes, I understand what a horrific display of neglect this is. But I promise you, when I gave her that full body wash it was with good intentions! I had no idea there was a tear in her throat D'x
Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Gold Excellence Member

As she's TPE, I'd smother all areas with Vaseline and/or baby oil.

I think it might be sorrowful tears as she's been locked up for so long...

An apology might be a good idea too.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
As she's TPE, I'd smother all areas with Vaseline and/or baby oil.

I think it might be sorrowful tears as she's been locked up for so long...

An apology might be a good idea too.
Vaseline... Is that to combat the rust or just to help with the apology?

The first thing I did was apologise to her, I was horrified when I saw what had happened... I've taken a vow to never let this happen to another doll in my care, ever again. I'm definitely learning a lot about doll-care with my first doll.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Gold Excellence Member

ok, the hole at the back of the throat is a common feature. If you kiss one of the girls and breath in it's obvious that the air is able to come through the head.

I suppose that must be a feature for people who use the heads for other purposes (I wouldn't do that with my girls).

The big worry here isn't the water itself, but rather mould. You can't use heat to dry them out but you need to get rid of the excess espechially as it seems that its also going stale.

A good option here is a tampon to dry up the excess water. Do not throw away the applicator.

After you've pulled the tampon out by it's wee mouses tail, use the applicator to keep the mouth open.

When you are sure that it is completely clean and dry then use the vaseline (only a very small amount) which will also clear up any lil lost strands of cotton wool from the tampon.. Ensure that you keep opening her mouth every few days so that it does not meld together.

TPE itself is porus so anything that went down her neck will likely have been absorbed by the skin. If she was upright check the bottom of her feet for any sign that they are cold / damp

Keep her powdered, keep her warm and keep her wrapped in a dry blanket (change it at first sig of any dampness). After a few days any excess in the skin should have been coaxed out.

just watch out for black spots especially inside the mouth / vagina / anus which is left damp can get nasty.

Just to reasure though after writing the above. I'm sure that she'll be fine. They react very well to being shown that they are loved... Putting her back in your bed every night might help remind her of that.

All the best matey,

Shamus.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:25 PM

Default mold in doll

hello,
you doll probably have mold and probably nasty bacteria!
use hydrogen peroxid (common in pharmacies / market for cleaning skin) this desinfects and then remove with wipes.
I would recommend safe sex use condom
I once got a serious urinary infection (bacterial) for using a silicone doll with mold, I think it was my only possible source of infection at the time and was the only time I detected mold on her tight anus, I'd imagine TPE and how that spread as is porous...
If your doll is not expensive, get another one, better a cheap new one than an hazard.
I dont use water on dolls anymore, only a bit of hydrogen peroxid and toilet wipes.
regards
see sales section.
I have experience with doll quality and UK shipping, I sold on forum used dolls Tpe 100 cm and realdoll-2 150cm.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the great advice guys, I'm off to Morrisons to buy some stuff now! Let's hope I can clean her up nice!
Old 10-04-2019, 05:02 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
ok, the hole at the back of the throat is a common feature. If you kiss one of the girls and breath in it's obvious that the air is able to come through the head.

I suppose that must be a feature for people who use the heads for other purposes (I wouldn't do that with my girls).

The big worry here isn't the water itself, but rather mould. You can't use heat to dry them out but you need to get rid of the excess espechially as it seems that its also going stale.

A good option here is a tampon to dry up the excess water. Do not throw away the applicator.

After you've pulled the tampon out by it's wee mouses tail, use the applicator to keep the mouth open.

When you are sure that it is completely clean and dry then use the vaseline (only a very small amount) which will also clear up any lil lost strands of cotton wool from the tampon.. Ensure that you keep opening her mouth every few days so that it does not meld together.

TPE itself is porus so anything that went down her neck will likely have been absorbed by the skin. If she was upright check the bottom of her feet for any sign that they are cold / damp

Keep her powdered, keep her warm and keep her wrapped in a dry blanket (change it at first sig of any dampness). After a few days any excess in the skin should have been coaxed out.

just watch out for black spots especially inside the mouth / vagina / anus which is left damp can get nasty.

Just to reasure though after writing the above. I'm sure that she'll be fine. They react very well to being shown that they are loved... Putting her back in your bed every night might help remind her of that.

All the best matey,

Shamus.
Hi Shamus.

Seeing this post I was wondering that when bathing the doll, could the mouth be flushed out with mouth wash as that has anti-bacterial properties.

When I bathe Agnes I only have a shallow amount of water in the bath - used to help lathe the clear anti bacterial hand wash I use to clean her. I then use a shower to rinse her off - the shower head removed provides a good enough flush for certain areas.

I then pat dry Agnes, and leave her to air dry on the towels face down for a while before powdering her.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:26 AM

For my doll i always wash her on a shower curtain i lay on my bed and i rest her on a towel while i sit her up and just wash her with a light antibacterial soap and water mixture and gets the job done the shower curtain hardly gets water on it but its good to have it as a barrier when cleaning her, then pat her down (she’s a wm torso with arms so much easier to clean etc)

I made the mistake of lugging the yl 165 at 42kg to the bath (she was my first doll) last year and sprayed her down with the shower, now i use the shower curtain method a lot less back breaking lol
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 PM

A lot of owners use an aquarium air pump to dry out their dolls love holes , I don't see why you can't feed the air pump tube down her neck beside the skeleton to help dry out . Perhaps try wedging some spacers between the neck skeleton and tpe to help air flow down the neck hole.