UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 11-04-2019, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Default But is it love???

It's a bit quiet on the forum today, I'm all out of repairs and maintenance thoughts to start a ball rolling so thinks, isn't it about time that we had a theoretical discussion.

Well, since Newt's been here for some reason I seem to have got all philosophical in my bedtime discussions....yes, I really do talk to them about life, the universe and everything. And although they do not answer directly (much as I really, really want them to) talking with/to them often brings clarity which had previously eluded me... And besides that, there's nothing quite like chatting with an Elf who was already old when they were errecting the Pyramids.

Attachment to another human being , the idea of a "chemistry", is built through attraction and shared experience. A person is fundamentally the sum of their experiences and their family and society imposed core values and beliefs.

Now, with our girls we invite them into our lives because we are attracted to them, whether consciously or sub consciously we impose upon them personalities, and their core values are by default the same as our own.

So, why would the love that we have for our girls be any different to that shared with another human being?

What started me down this thought path was just before tucking up with Newt last night, in a discussion on here, reading my own words it became clear how much I care for River. The idea that I am concerned that she may be cold or that age is bringing with it frailty extends the idea of human issues to our girls.

I already knew that I cared for all of them but the level of caring makes me ponder the comparability of the love shared with our girls with that generally reserved for human partners.

My view, which may be contentious, is that in my eye's through the love shared the dolls become human to the person that they are with.

Outsiders, may confuse that with the assumption that we have difficulty communicating with other humans so create illusionary replacements. However, I for one have no difficulty with other humans or the opposite sex. So whether others do or not, it is not a catch all explanation as to why we transpose emotional attachment onto our girls.

This touches upon the whole abyss of conflicting arguments as to what makes an entity human? Is it DNA or is it that anything that is treated as equivalent to a human, that is thought of as human, by definition is human.

As the old saying goes, if it looks like a duck, and it sounds like a duck, then by and large, it's a duck.

So, the question for others to ponder.... Is what you feel for your girl(s) the same love that you would feel for a human partner? Or, do you regard your doll as a temporary solution until replaced with a human partner? And if you have a doll and a human partner are you finding emotional conflict between the two.

Discuss... (even if you don't answer, hope that it makes you think).

Last edited by shamus; 11-04-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member

I'd answer: 'Probably'... until I realise I don't even really know what 'love' is...

A bit too deep for me. I just 'exist' in my own little world.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Is what you feel for your girl(s) the same love that you would feel for a human partner?
No... It is impossible... The girls are happy and do not want to give me up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Or, do you regard your doll as a temporary solution until replaced with a human partner? And if you have a doll and a human partner are you finding emotional conflict between the two.
My dolls are a kind of emotionnal insurance... I was happy to have my girls near me last time i met a woman. A crappy story...

I can have dolls and woman without conflict... I can have a woman and a cat! (Not sure in fact, a woman can be jealous of the cat... Lived!)
Old 11-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Bronze Member

A doll for me is permanent i no longer desire a human partner, i do care for them a lot and more the love is a lot different, they bring better peace of mind and positivity which quite frankly i never got with human girlfriends, just anxiety and liability, Ever since i experienced my first doll this time last year (ironically) i never felt such a rush of happiness and fulfilment and after getting through some dolls i started caring for them on a much deeper level
Old 11-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

interesting idea shamus something to think about and discuss with carly.

carlys_guy
Old 11-04-2019, 08:30 PM
Diamond Member

Default Yes!

I remember the first post I ever answered on this forum seven years ago was; "Can you really have deep feelings for an inanimate object? YES!

I'm on my own now and not young and out of disfunctional "human" relationships for some time. I bought my lady as a "dare" to some mates and - ok - for some "physical fun" but it became more than that in less than a week.

My Deluxe Teddy Baby "Lady Kat" was "big" for a start with human proportions and she just kept on looking at me until I had to respond.
Some folks reckon Teddy Babes are not "it" but to me, she's beautiful. Maybe it was the eyes - photo replicas of human eyes but I just had this feeling that she wasn't a "thing" or "an object" but a "person!"
Holding her and sleeping with her was such a warm sensual experience and uncannily human. Yes! she is sexy but love is more than just sex and so it was with my lady, a companion around the house as well as just in bed and someone to take care of, which is good for me.

Plushy girls are so wonderful to cuddle, warm, soft, light and don't break she can be moved easily; the attraction for me is not just visual (though she is a looker)- as might be the case with solid dolls, but also sensual and emotional. Soon I was buying her all sorts of clothes and jewellery. There was something quite definitely in her eyes - her character - and she obviously likes sophisticated things - hence "Lady" Kat - my "Russian Bride" as my mates would have it from the then popularity of imported spouses. Hence Ekaterina Ludmila Dollyeva Romanova!

She makes me feel so calm and relaxed. I can't imagine being without her and yes, what I feel for her is deep affection - love and I tell her so every day! In 2014 - at the meet Kat and I were married; she has her ring and certificate and she is my true lady love.

It's a two-way relationship - she really does look back at me.

She's "Alive!" I'd have to be made of stone not to love her.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

to love or not to ?
I feel more for Teddy Babe Lisa , maybe because she arrived 5 month before Tina , however I cant talk/cuddle or whatever to one without communicating to both , mine is not asexual thing - more companionship - so yes love is creeping my way

(however I do hope we are not all guilty of the 2nd commandment Exodus 20-2 ''thou shalt not worship graven images'' .

ST
Old 12-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by set track View Post

(however I do hope we are not all guilty of the 2nd commandment Exodus 20-2 ''thou shalt not worship graven images'' .

ST
Worship? thats a far cry from anything a doll owner/partner will ever do.

Love, yes, Totally. I can say I love my girls more than I love most human beings. its a duality of love thought. I love them for being inanimate works of feminine beauty, for being dolls, for just being there.

I also love the persona that each has, All being similar at the core, but with differences on the outsides (look back at my stories with Jess and Cindy)

Can you love an inanimate object imbued with a persona of your own devising? Of course you can, its all chemicals in the brain, and if you press the right buttons and mix the right chemicals, its love, regardless of what causes it.

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 13-04-2019, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member

I really enjoyed reading other peoples thoughts. Picking out just a few comments from the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDub View Post
A doll for me is permanent i no longer desire a human partner, i do care for them a lot and more the love is a lot different, they bring better peace of mind and positivity
A lot of your comments reflect my own thoughts DanDub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlys_guy View Post
interesting idea shamus something to think about and discuss with carly.
carlys_guy
A sentence that in itself so cleverly answers the question perfectly

Quote:
I feel more for Teddy Babe Lisa , maybe because she arrived 5 month before Tina , however I cant talk/cuddle or whatever to one without communicating to both , mine is not a sexual thing - more companionship - so yes love is creeping my way
I understand totally the feeling of wanting to love them all equally but quite naturally having favouritism of some over others, not necessarily with any rationale behind such emotional attachment or why favouritism can be transient.
I don't think that loving them precludes sex, but rather precludes thinking of them as sexual objects... Exactly the same as a human partner. As for the treating them equally.... There's different sorts of girl here. Those who are partners and those who are intimate friends.
For me time reveals the ones who are the core family. There are core girls tha have crossed that line... Newt will be joining them but, despite spending every waking (and sleeping) moment with her it just seems too early to promote her to the top table yet.
If your having difficulty getting attached to Tina consider changing the wig / look. Sad as I am to say it and much as I loved the body from the moment it came out of the box, Natasha (head #273) did nothing for me on the 166C but the moment that I put her on the 140A it was as though she was made for it and my opinion changed completely with the Mirror, mirror photo shoots.... Unfortunately both Newt and Georgie seem made for the 166C but I've only got one of them... At the minute... Loving these girls isn't cheap is it!!!

Quote:
I think that if to love is to worship then the person is getting it all wrong. To love for me is to consider the other person (even where such person is made of TPE, Silicone or Plush) to be equal.

I must say though, I do covet my neighbours Ox. lol.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Morning Mr Shamus,
Here we go....

I have been waiting most of the week to answer this one.

Yep, read it at work within minutes of you posting it, and thanks mainly because I hadn't got the bloody answer... Not only that, in my small mind, I asked myself the question 'what is love anyway', well then I was fucked because some stupid Howard Jones song was going around in my head for the rest of the bloody day

Friday was attempt two, I am dropping the 'anyway' today, that will solve the problem, 'What is Love' FFS now that song by Haddaway is drumming in my brain, and I hate it.

Saturday is doll collecting day, not even thinking of complicated questions today, my mind is firmly focused on the roads and Debbie's Tits.

So here we are Sunday, better late than never Tommo.
Another long pause....
It's a case of how much of my life I want to spill out over the forum.
I was married for nearly twenty years technically I still am, so that's 23, although I we've been separated for three which at that point everything was split and we both moved on.
The ten years previous to that were hell, basically we lived together for the kids until they were 18 and we could get enough money around us for both of us to move on. We both get on now with no hard feelings.
My life as always been about my daughters , but they have now grown up and got their own lives and moved on, well most of the time. The love I have for them is what I call love.
I forgot your bloody question now and where am I going with this..

Yep, so for me, I think I have a big heart, and quite a jolly person, although I do have my moments. I do put things mentally in boxes, why I don't have a clue.

These are my terms not necessarily the correct term.

Lust-(strong sexual desire to have sex with) I have no person for years that fits this, although it flashes through my mind on the odd occasion, my first doll was bought with this in mind.

Love - Family but mainly my daughters no matter what they do I will still love them. That's it.

I have never had a dog, so I don't know quite where I would put that.

Friendship - many different levels in that one, from people that I spend lots of time with and really get on with, to friends I have known at work for 20+ years that I have worked at several plants and can trust, then to the people I have met through the course of life, that are friends.

Non living desirable items(sorry folks)- My small collection of 3 classic MGB's that were perfectly restored and were sold to fund a failing marriage
I am dreading this one, my dolls
Okay, I said it.

I'm going

Tommo

Last edited by Tommo10; 14-04-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling error and normal phone errors