UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedoo View Post
I wonder if you visited the warehouse, would you need to pay staff time to let you have a look at some dolls ?
Yes, apparently you make arrangements in advance to examine (with gloves.... AND TROUSERS ... on) up to three dolls and they charge a fee of I believe £35 for that. I do not know whether that fee is then deducted from the purchase price.

This was discussed more fully in another Lucid thread. I can't find it which probably means it got deleted as it did get a little contentious.

If you are just turning up to collect a doll though there is no charge for that.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:55 PM

Wow...imagine going to Currys and they charge you to look at TV's !
Old 09-04-2023, 09:10 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Whilst the cost being reimbursed in credit isn't a good thing, should be refunded to source if you didn't want the doll. I know they have had people saying "I'd like to see xyz doll" so LT gets the fork lift out, lowers the box puts it on the table and the person let's them down. So can kind of understand their idea behind it. But if they did post pics of the actual doll, it would be a lot less confusing. I've been twice now where I've asked to look at dolls admittedly both times I took her away...well one I did come back with Adam to swap as she was just a mammoth piece of tpe with tits. So I know their warehouse is pretty full off all the dolls, stacked on shelves and it must be frustrating when people mess them about.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:22 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedoo View Post
Wow...imagine going to Currys and they charge you to look at TV's !
They won't even reply to the email. We send warehouse photos FOC if we sold that item before. The bespoke cost is put in place when a customer requires us to get an item we have not sold before and requires us to open the box, model the item and send him pictures.

The factories won't even entertain a request for photos prior to order.

We get around 10-15 Photo requests per day.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:25 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavla82 View Post
Whilst the cost being reimbursed in credit isn't a good thing, should be refunded to source if you didn't want the doll. I know they have had people saying "I'd like to see xyz doll" so LT gets the fork lift out, lowers the box puts it on the table and the person let's them down. So can kind of understand their idea behind it. But if they did post pics of the actual doll, it would be a lot less confusing. I've been twice now where I've asked to look at dolls admittedly both times I took her away...well one I did come back with Adam to swap as she was just a mammoth piece of tpe with tits. So I know their warehouse is pretty full off all the dolls, stacked on shelves and it must be frustrating when people mess them about.
Yes, this will be covered by my tour of the factories. The factories want to maximize their sales and use Photoshop and aftereffects to get the best results.

Some factories like Irontech just don't like that idea. SM dont even take their own marketing photos.

Uhhhhhhh,

Old 10-04-2023, 05:34 PM
Bronze Member

Clearly Lucid is very cheap and offer very good value for money so charging for a visit to view is perfectly reasonable as of course we all recognise there are costs involved. Presumably the alternative would be for all their prices to increase by a certain percentage which by definition would mean all customers are subsidising extra photos and viewings etc.
As I've said elsewhere I have bought a lot from them and can't fault the value..
However visiting is not an option for everyone and again the OP,s query was regarding the discrepancy of reviews. Lets face it once a doll is of interest almost the first thing you do is read the reviews which hopefully are written by a like minded enthusiast,
It would be nice to get some clarification on this....................
Old 10-04-2023, 10:19 PM
Vendor

Have no comments the reviews are left by customers not sure what is required from us?

Old 11-04-2023, 10:50 AM
Bronze Member

Yes Indeed - If I understand correctly it is explained (asked) in the first post on this thread -3 pages back.............
Old 12-04-2023, 01:03 AM
Bronze Member

Default Lucid

Clearly looking at some of the comments most have bought good dolls and service. My experience was not so good, i bought a IL Body on a Friday in the sale and was emailed to say it would be up to 5 days then they emailed on the Monday to say it was sold and did I want a to look at another or a refund. That body was the only one I wanted so I got my refund and having that experience will not buy from them n the near future.
I don't buy many new ones as I like to repair 2nd hand ones to retire with my girls. The idea of charging £35 to see additional pics which I asked for is a nono in my eyes as other sites have more pics on each girl than they have. There are lots of people like me( don't drive) or who can't get there to the warehouse where decent pics would sell a few more dolls.
I am one who has bought new from Alibaba 3 - 4 years ago now ( torsos) and ebay my Rifrano before I came on this Forum but I would have still got the torsos.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:46 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonman1 View Post
Clearly looking at some of the comments most have bought good dolls and service. My experience was not so good, i bought a IL Body on a Friday in the sale and was emailed to say it would be up to 5 days then they emailed on the Monday to say it was sold and did I want a to look at another or a refund. That body was the only one I wanted so I got my refund and having that experience will not buy from them n the near future.
I don't buy many new ones as I like to repair 2nd hand ones to retire with my girls. The idea of charging £35 to see additional pics which I asked for is a nono in my eyes as other sites have more pics on each girl than they have. There are lots of people like me( don't drive) or who can't get there to the warehouse where decent pics would sell a few more dolls.
I am one who has bought new from Alibaba 3 - 4 years ago now ( torsos) and ebay my Rifrano before I came on this Forum but I would have still got the torsos.
Sorry for the item you ordered not being in stock. We are making further improvements life more regular checks of stock to make sure these things do not effect other customers.

Tags
fake, lucidtoys, review