UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Active New Member

Thanks for the information, revoL annaerB! Yeah I can imagine some comments will be derogatory but there's always people out there to shun other people and make them feel bad for enjoying themselves, but this is not what I want to do with my documentary. Unfortunately, I hate football and can't think of a worse subject for a film but thanks!

I see that most (if not all) of you wouldn't like to be shown in my documentary, so I had the idea of having an interview with someone and then dubbing over it with an actors voice and having shots of the doll in discussion and maybe a recreation to avoid any of you being put on a plate for ridicule. How does this sound, would anyone be interested in this?

Hi Harlemlover, that's a great story. It's nice that the doll can do that for you, from being on here it seems like most of you enjoy the company of the doll, and it's great that you can live out your fantasies without hurting your wife. Does your doll sleep in bed with you and your wife? (Again sorry if this is too personal, feel free to not answer!)

Congratulations on your engagement, Kats012! Do you have a date set to be married? It seems to be more about the companionship for the majority of people on here, and the quiet company does sound tempting compared to the constant nagging of a girlfriend

Sadly, I think it'll be a long time before this society is actually tolerant, but I think by discussing these things and showing that there's nothing harmful or weird about these situations, people will begin to see without being ignorant.

Again, thank you all for being so open with me and I won't take offense if you tell me I'm going to far or if some of you aren't as open with me!
Old 16-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danncooper View Post
I had the idea of having an interview with someone and then dubbing over it with an actors voice and having shots of the doll in discussion and maybe a recreation to avoid any of you being put on a plate for ridicule.

Here is a possible compromise, you start a thread called something like, "Interview questions for my documentary" and you list all of your main questions and request pics that would be permissible for you to use, then when you get a bunch of answers you could counter with secondary questions to fill in the detail of where you want to be. I'm sure many would answer the questions in such an anonymous way and many will probably allow the use of some pics, and there is enough variety on here to show how photography plays a part - that said, we are just doll owners/lovers who enjoy photography, we aren't all experts but have found that we can actually use a camera and have fun sharing with each other.

With that much info and a stack of photos you could have your actor either answering the questions or an actor simply stating some of the answers in a conversational tone backed by photos and maybe slideshows of some of the photo stories(after seeking permission, of course) and you could also have him videoed in a silhouette for anonymity. Maybe even have some parts with a doll photo in the background and scrolling text across the screen.

I think this approach is probably the most acceptable all round but it is just an idea.

Personally, I still wouldn't want to meet you and that is nothing personal, It would be in the back of my mind that you may videoing me surreptitiously.
Old 16-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Diamond Member

Default Anonymous?

Hi Dann.
Good ideas form Revol; questions we don't mind answering and photos we will allow with permission? I just think having actors doing voice overs or silhouetted still kind of inidicates to some that there is something shameful or naughty we wish to hide.
I think the whole focus should be on how relaxed and normal we are and how our interest is just a harmless lifestyle choice - that it interesting and different but not sad or bad! Also, as has been said - there are many different facets to our interest in dolls, big and small, plush or silicone and it isn't just a lustful fetish, far from it. However I hope you understand members reticence in the face of a society that seems to feed on sensation and witch-hunting.
Old 16-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I guess the silhouette thing wasn't my best idea

In reality, I don't believe that any number of documentaries will change anyone's opinions, when people get curious they look on the net and do a search(I refuse to use google as a verb), then they shall come across either this forum, TDF or the others dotted around the net. From that search they can make an informed decision if they so desire. I can't speak for other forums but this one clearly shows that it isn't a one-dimensional subject.

BTW, I hate football too, always have but I figured you wouldn't be short of people coming forward to give points of view on that.
Old 17-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Active New Member

Yeah, I wouldn't put anyone in shadows or anything it would be more of a recreation if anything and to show like Katsz said that its interesting and different but not harmful.

I would still like to film some footage of dolls if that were possible, it would only be a day filming and would probably consist of mainly close ups - just another idea floating around, I haven't got a solid idea of how I want the film to be but I'm currently trying to solidify my ideas.

Thanks Hotzenplotz! I'm very proud of Beast and the documentary. I really don't like Afterlife either, it wasn't really a film I wanted to make and we came up with the script as a group so we didn't really have anyone's solid idea pushed forwards. But thanks for the feedback!

All my films can be found on vimeo if anyone else is interested: vimeo
Old 17-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Bronze Member

Dann. I have a sexy as hell boytoy doll that I want to sell.********************************************* ***
I will not be doing any interviews though

Sorrrrrrrrry Grav but please make such offers by PM.

Last edited by Wulfie; 17-03-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Protecting the Forums reputation.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Active New Member

Default Vibrators 1 Love Dolls 0

I was discussing the issue of love dolls with a very close female friend recently - she wanted to know why it seems perfectly acceptable for girls to use vibrators yet seen as wierd for men to use dolls.

Last edited by Genna8; 05-04-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Active New Member

Hi Dollman - I'm fascinated with Alice - do you mind telling me where I could buy one like her?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genna8 View Post
Hi Dollman - I'm fascinated with Alice - do you mind telling me where I could buy one like her?
hi Pm'd you the Beautiful dolls site link.

Sorry danncooper
Old 05-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genna8 View Post
I was discussing the issue of love dolls with a very close female friend recently - she wanted to know why it seems perfectly acceptable for girls to use vibrators yet seen as wierd for men to use dolls.
I think its all boils down to the social stigma of what a man should be. Man be man, he big strong, he hunt buffalope bring back meat, him no have soft side, him want snoo snoo him take woman.

Its all BS. We arent all neanderthals, we arent all hunky underwear models and some of us simply cannot be arsed with the hassle of trying to live up.

I could go on, but I have to go to work.

Karrot

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet