UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum.

Old 31-12-2018, 01:44 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Viper View Post
I think Teddy waist is slimmer and tits a bit bigger.
I agree, the waist could be smaller / tighter, I will work on this on the next body concepts. As for breast size, some are going to want them bigger and some are going to want them smaller, I kinda feel I need to hit a happy medium, but I will enlarge them in the next concept and see what people think.

Thank you for your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
North you are totally brilliant mate,
Your sketches look absolutely amazing

Tommo
Aw thank you Tommo10, greatly appreciated, donít worry there is more to come, Iíll keep working on my drawings until I get it right. Iím looking to make an unofficial TB comic for the UK love doll forums, thought it would be fun to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongo View Post
Brilliant work really interesting. Much better than anything that I could produce. 10/10.
Excellent, thanks Dongo, still fine tuning, maybe at some point I can draw your girls
Old 31-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Bronze Member

Absolutely love those sketches North , both the faces/expressions and the full bodies. Amazing. If I had any talent in art I'd be inspired to grab a pencil now. However I don't .

If I was forced to pick a favourite of the body pictures, it would be the first one. It's probably the short skirt and crop top, hip position and smile that does it for me in that one! It's a look my Lara is quite keen on .

I also think you've got the breast size spot on in the current versions. Your drawing are art that brings them more into life, not a literal reproduction of all the dimensions of a teddy babe. For the same reason in my opinion the waist is also good as is. Even if actual dimensions are different in the plush, when you are bringing her to life in the drawing, I prefer it as you have it, a bit closer to real life proportions, but still very recognisably Teddy Babe Deluxe.

Anyway - those are just my opinions so far. Very happy to see any more of your drawing experiments, wherever it goes. If it ends up in a Teddy babe comic book, even better!
Old 31-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Gold Member

Ok so the art style has changed, I'm taking influence from American comic illustrations (Makes more sense because TB are American).

Hopefully you can see my changes, such as how the eyes are presented and how the mouth / lips take on a more cartoon style.

50 points to anyone that can spot the art style influence!

I would love to hear your feedback, as always thank you for your time, greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by North; 31-12-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling!!!
Old 31-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
Ok so the art style has changed, I'm taking influence from American comic illustrations (Makes more sense because TB are American).

Hopefully you can see my changes, such as how the eyes are presented and how the mouth / lips take on a more cartoon style.

I would love to hear your feedback, as always thank you for your time, greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!
Remember me Daphne Blake!

Old 01-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Gold Member

Wow, thank you svevo, greatly appreciate the feedback, very inspiring to push on with my work. Agreed drawing illustrations can help bring characters to life through body lanaguge and facial expressions. My aim isnít to draw Tebby Babes or any love doll in a way that totally represents them, e.g. Teddy Babes with visible stitches and joints, itís to display them in a somewhat human / realistic fantasy way. As for body proportion, you raise a good point in realistic body proportions to an actuals womenís body, I plan on only slightly shrinking the waist, but nothing more.

My next step is to draw other TB models in order to see if everyone can define which TB it is with my current art style, these will be TB models from eighth wonder, not the Uk love doll forum (that will come later).

A UK Love Doll Forum Teddy Babe Comic is what Iím aiming for in the long run, if itís popular there are other directions I could take with it.

Many thanks again for your feedback!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Gold Member

Ohhh Naga Viper, I can see the resemblance, but itís not my influence, my influence is a popular comic that started in 1946, still going today.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post

Happy New Year!
Hi North, Thanks for sharing your work with us.

My gut reaction is that these 2 sketches seem just a little less TB like than your previous ones. It may be the hair style being more stylised, but also when I try to analyse why I preferred your previous drawings, I think it is also something about the shape of the face. In these it is a little more elongated I think. In your other drawings I thought you had the face perfectly represented, the shape a bit more rounded and the style somehow triggered instant recognition (and for a TB lover obviously that somehow triggered instant affection!).

Sorry I'm going to fail on the bonus points . My internet search for comic works originating in 1946 only came up with some obscure American ones , that I don't expect are still in publication. Will be interested to know though.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevo View Post
Hi North, Thanks for sharing your work with us.

My gut reaction is that these 2 sketches seem just a little less TB like than your previous ones. It may be the hair style being more stylised, but also when I try to analyse why I preferred your previous drawings, I think it is also something about the shape of the face. In these it is a little more elongated I think. In your other drawings I thought you had the face perfectly represented, the shape a bit more rounded and the style somehow triggered instant recognition (and for a TB lover obviously that somehow triggered instant affection!).

Sorry I'm going to fail on the bonus points . My internet search for comic works originating in 1946 only came up with some obscure American ones , that I don't expect are still in publication. Will be interested to know though.
svevo your feedback is as always greatly appreciated, this feedback was really helpful, it seems I’ve strayed off. I’m very glad you’ve mention this as I was just about to do full body concept in that style, which would of been a complete waste of time. I’ll return to the original design and focus on sharpening it.

Ah my influence was Archie Comics. I focused the design on Cheryl Blossom.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Diamond Member

Default Excellent stuff.

Very well done and very well drawn, an excellent effort and ambition for which I commend you. I think you should make sure to keep the zaniness and otherworldly look that is the essence of a Teddy Babe. You know me, I find the actual lack of 100% human simulation is a big part of their charm. To me a Teddy Babe isn't a human being but an alien love entity, less but more than human.
Good luck with all your efforts; most appreciated.
Old 26-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Gold Member

I know it's been a little while, but went back to my first art style and gave colour ago, again just a concept, nothing polished. I'm trying to improve my shading, it's not my strong area haha.