UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > WM Doll Forum.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Bronze Member

Smile WM wrists

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
All WM wrists rotate but be careful how you do it as I'm sure that many finger wire snaps are down to people attempting to move stiff wrists using the hand.

feel the TPE at the wrist and you should find the joint. Some wrists move easier than others with some that should be left alone even though they are designed to move.

the mechanism itself will be similar to a bottle top thats welded closed so that it turns but does not come off. The finger wires go into one end of this which is crushed down aand the fingers held in place with Epoxy Resin.

Some models have palm plates rather than the wires going directly into the wrist.

As I saw, it will turn but don't try to force it.

kindest regards,

Shamus.
Its all too easy to do but I dont want to hijack Muninn's Lynne thread as we almost did with Algaes girl's thread with the 3d printer!

But Shamus, you are absolutely right!

She does have palm plates, and pressing directly against the side of the plate her hand did indeed begin to rotate a little! You sir have made my day!

Old 10-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudWatching View Post
Its all too easy to do but I dont want to hijack Muninn's Lynne thread as we almost did with Algaes girl's thread with the 3d printer!

But Shamus, you are absolutely right!

She does have palm plates, and pressing directly against the side of the plate her hand did indeed begin to rotate a little! You sir have made my day!

Glad to have helped CW
Old 11-01-2019, 04:48 AM

I replied on Lynne's thread before I saw this, but glad you've got her wrists to work. It's always a learning curve with dolls!
Old 11-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Bronze Member

I have a complete 2018-edition of the new WM skeleton from a full size doll, so if there is something we are not able to figure out I can test it on this skeleton, and document it
Old 11-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muninn View Post
I replied on Lynne's thread before I saw this, but glad you've got her wrists to work. It's always a learning curve with dolls!
Thanks Muninn, yes im surprised to still be learning about her 2 years in! Its always been a little tricky in the past trying to position the arms for pictures that make the hands look natural while in their original positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
I have a complete 2018-edition of the new WM skeleton from a full size doll, so if there is something we are not able to figure out I can test it on this skeleton, and document it
Thanks mandos, but I imagine a 2018 skeleton can do things hers cant (she arrived Jan 2017), bending sideways at the waist would be nice but im quite sure thats not possible for her

But for now being able to rotate the wrists has almost been a mini refresh for her as i can start doing new things, even folding her arms in a natural way will be possible now without the hands looking awkward