UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Platinum coloured Poppet & Pigeon

Hi 48 ...I'm shortly to become 49 but I'm sure we can still be pals
Old 20-10-2022, 03:02 PM

Welcome fourtyeight!

That WM166 sure is a classic, and hopefully the silicone replacement/equivalent that they have recently announced will/ maybe find her way to my place!

[I've just got to research that doll a bit more, as currently, I'm still seeing varied quotes for her weight on various vendor sites.]
Old 20-10-2022, 03:15 PM

thanks guys for the welcome messages, this isn't my first repair on the doll so I am a bit more confident than some, plus I am qualified in hand fitting and have my PEO level 2 to help me out with the manual work so I know my way around a welding torch if needs be.

I am sure everyone who has a WM doll has the issue with the hands situation with the finger dislocation at one point but at the moment she's in mid repair, I will be getting her a wire construct made or create my own (still figuring out what the vendors pieces are like first before I decide on my next steps) there really isn't much to take a photo of really because its just a small cut on her palm and her wires out of her fingers for now but the palm plate is still in tact. the feet have cuts and abrasions from when I started to figure out how to move the doll at first but I have got the heat gun delivered today but I am still waiting for my IR temperature gauge and my WM TPE block to be delivered before I start any work.
I heard 110 degrees is a good sweet spot but I will have to find out what it would be for myself. Bella has full faith in me but she is a bit nervous no doubt. but repair and maintenance is something I am big on at the moment.

my current issue right now is trying to get relevant answers from the vendors because they aren't answering my questions detailed enough. im not buying until I get all of the answers I need and yes, I will make a day of it tomorrow to man up and go into primark and get various small sizes of clothes WITH RECEIPT and also makeup and get her dressed up in something better than the stuff she has in now, I am aware she is not winning any fashion weekly awards and she did give me a look when I put what I took a picture in her on her but that in time will soon change when I find out her dimensions fully
Old 20-10-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2myneck View Post
Welcome fourtyeight!

That WM166 sure is a classic, and hopefully the silicone replacement/equivalent that they have recently announced will/ maybe find her way to my place!

[I've just got to research that doll a bit more, as currently, I'm still seeing varied quotes for her weight on various vendor sites.]
aye, she is one of the lighter ones, about 33kg, much lighter than my first one
Old 20-10-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
XXS 4/6 stuff will fit her nicely.

K
I will note that down when I go into primark. im a bit cautious with online shopping because they mess the sizes around.
Old 20-10-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Love View Post
Bella and 48.

She's totally rocking those specs.
love a girl in glasses
Old 20-10-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place for help and advice

This worries me as those are not simple operations. If you give more detail on what is wrong with her and what you really need doing I'm sure someone will have an answer which doesn't involve removing and trying to replace her hands and feet!!!
Yeah I have seen videos on different ways they operate on hands, some use wire constructs and some use articulated skeleton hands that are 3d printed, both can be viable ways but it depends of how much you can get away with as the fingers I would imagine would be an absolute nightmare because of how little tolerance you have so i have to be careful not to damage them.
Old 20-10-2022, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonman1 View Post
Hi, welcome to the Forum.
Just to say put pics up and everyone will give advice but if new, hands and feet should not be done by novices. I have done 3 hands and 2 feet, bungs and other parts, still problem with the 2 hands. Look at videos on Vimeo, youtube and of course our maintenance column before attempting as most on here wouldn't do repairs. As I have quite a few girlies (over 20) I have one I can do repairs on as she was a state when she came. Take it easy and read the maintenance column.
is this with Wm? did she have articulated or wired construct? I was thinking of twisted wire for the fingers especially at the tips so they don't pierce so easily. let me know how you approached this and what to watch out for.

They call me a mad man
Old 20-10-2022, 03:40 PM

Default my hand repair thread

https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...110#post279110