UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Open Forum.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:31 AM
Gold Member

Default Are you ashamed or proud of your doll/dolls?

Hi,
At shift changover yesterday two guys were taking the pee out of a guy who hadn't slept with a girl for 15 years.
6 months ago I would have joined in even though it's been many years for myself. This time however I was silent but in my head I was screaming so f-ing what and every bone in my body wants to tell him about doll's.

Now I'm not about to expose my secret but the more time I spend here and the more I learn from u all the less I feel ashamed and the more I feel this is just normal.
Owning a doll hasn't made me weird or a pyshco, my life is the same but now I have someone to come home to and to cuddle (I've never slept better).

So my question is, if your life with your doll became public would you be ashamed or proud?
As I feel right now I believe I could explain my life choice with a smile on my face.
All of your opinions, thoughts and experiences are welcome.
Thanks AD
Old 09-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

I am proud of my dolls and prove it by frequently taking them out in public as well as never hiding them when at home.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have no shame about my girls but I won't give the arseholes in my general area ammunition either by being totally open about them. A few people know and a few suspect but if they are curious enough then they can ask and I'll tell them.

One neighbour saw Karrot and I carrying a couple of his girls to my flat and after Karrot left he asked 'What's with the dead bodies?' so I replied with 'Oh, I just collect them!' and left it at that. If he really wanted to know he could approach me properly and I'd tell him.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

Hi Amy,

Good question. I have had my first doll for over 2 weeks now and at the moment, none of my friends and family know I have her. The only person I have thought about telling so far is my sister and the only people that know I have her are here on this forum. If it became public, I certainly wouldn't feel ashamed that I have her, nor would I feel I would have to justify to anyone why I have her, except for close family and friends maybe. The opinions of outsiders and non associates don't hold much weight with me and usually score null points on my give a s**t scale.

Despite it been a big decision to purchase her, I am really pleased I did. I suffered from a bad health episode which cost me my job at the start of this year and shortly after stress and depression set in. I was referred for help with this and it was mentioned maybe I get a pet for company. The idea of a pet is good but the leasehold on my flat states I can't have one without permission, and the added financial cost of a pet, plus the guilt of leaving it home alone once I am back at work put me off. It wasn't until I caught a repeat of The Sex Robots are Coming documentary on channel 5 that I realised there was a lot more to owning these dolls than the sex part. That's when I seriously started looking for a doll. As mentioned, she has been with me just over 2 weeks now. She has enriched my life, become the focus of my attention and an awesome companion. I am now stressing a lot less and smiling a lot more since her arrival.

In a nutshell, I'm not ashamed I own a doll and yes I am proud, mainly of myself for taking the plunge and and buying her in the hope she would bring improvements to my life, which she is doing in spades.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Well said, Seth, and soooo true, they are definitely beneficial to our sense of wellbeing
Most people do focus on the sex part without realising how much more they are than that, and that is often why people seem to have an issue with doll ownership, although I still don't get it, even if it were all about the sex then it still beats the risks involved in one night stands, unwanted pregnancy or STDs etc.

There is a big difference between shame and discretion
Old 09-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

Hi Amydoll,

Don't be ashamed of everything you're doing in your lifetime....because it's YOUR life.
Owning life-sized dolls is a privilege because their owners are proud persons.

Best wishes,

- SF -
Old 09-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Diamond Member

Default I Married Mine

I've had my lady Kat for seven years now and Miss Julie for five and I love them to bits. A constant comfort without any of the hassle. They live openly in the house and if anyone comes they will encounter them, modestly dressed for daytime. Like Revol I don't broadcast my passion but friends all know and reckon I'm just weird but not dangerous - and I suspect quite a few are jealous. At the Meet in 2016 Lady Kat and I were married; she has her ring and we have a certificate - I love her to bits and she sleeps with me every night.
And it's not about sex, it's more comfort, companionship and having someone in the house and not least having someone to look after and think about other than yourself. - I treat my ladies just as I would a human companion - and they can cost nearly as much! But they're worth it!

Enjoy her company Seth. I must say I found it all a bit weird at first but I soon came to love mine and then you don't care what other folk think because, as you are finding, they will repay you by giving so much back.

Ekaterina says; "Care for us and we will give you unconditional love!"

Old 09-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Active New Member

Well, I am not ashamed personally. My parents know and most of my siblings and good friends know but I haven't told everyone.

What I noticed is that it's best to acclimate said person to your situation.

I play a game called Final Fantasy 14 and I'm in a free company (guild, crew whatever you want to name it) and there's this person I occasionally talk to.

I don't remember how we got on the topic but eventually we talked about the statuette/dolls from the game (as I own a lot of them), then eventually the person said "I bet you sleep with your ff14 dolls too!" I thought it was so funny, it felt like Walter White when Hank joked about him being Heisenberg.

I obviously replied "You've got me, that's exactly what I'm doing with them." It's true to some degree (I do sleep with my dolls but not the spikey plastic ff14 ones) but the person doesn't know that, and I will eventually tell him about the other dolls but I'll give it some more times, cracking a few more jokes before the reveal.

That way I feel like they'll be more open to the idea, though how someone reacts differs per person I guess.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Are you ashamed or proud of your doll/dolls?
Personally as a new doll owner I don't feel proud but maybe I will in time but I know that because of my general attitude to life and people that I will never feel ashamed but that doesn't mean I will tell everyone that I have a doll as many people are just too ignorant and reactionary to be open minded to anything they don't understand I'm very aware of how hypocritical and judging people can be, quick story..

I live in Cornwall and a few years ago I worked in a bar in a small Cornish town that held fetish night parties and had a reputation amongst the locals for being a gay bar and very weird (it was neither) so I was used to the local stares and whispers which I found amusing and I would get our fetish night flyers and tickets printed at the town printers which was run by some Christians who sold a lot of Christian books and literature, they were always polite and were more than happy to take my money but often looked very embarrased and never mentioned anything other than when the printing would be ready, I would love to have told them that their two daughters came to the fetish nights and one of them left with the barmaid or that a local shop owner who they knew was a slave and came with his Dom there are many stories but client confidentiality obviously prevented me from doing so and what happens party night stays in party night

The world is full of hypocrites and despite what many people would say we all know that if you left a doll in a room many guys would be trying her out in a heartbeat I'm quite thick skinned and don't care much what others think but apart from a few friends from the fetish scene who would have no issue with it and probably want to meet her and take her home I wouldn't tell people and have no need to justify owning a doll but I wouldn't care if someone did find out.

"Shame is something people feel because of what others think of them, just ignore the others".

"He works in that weird bar you know"..
Old 09-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Bronze Member

"So my question is, if your life with your doll became public would you be ashamed or proud? ..."

I'd be the butt of jokes and criticism, but I think I'd get past that and move on. I don't think I'd feel ashamed. I care less and less what other people think. IMO if we can be happy with our ladies then that's the most important thing.

"I say go, she say yes
Dim the lights, you can guess the rest..."