UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2023, 04:24 AM

Default Lucid Reviews Discrepancy?

Hi all. Having been on the fence about a purchase for a long time, I was considering buying a doll from Lucid to bypass delivery times and customs delays. I browsed a fair few dolls on the site and couldn't help but notice that the strangeness of the reviews. I mean, I counted up three hundred reviews before I stopped reading, and they were ALL five stars with the exception of two four stars.

How can it be that almost every single person to have purchased a doll rates it five stars? Surely that's an unlikely scenario with ANY product, let alone something that's a huge investment in both cash and expectation. Many of the reviews do not even make sense for a UK based doll sales site and are generic beyond belief. "This service provider is the best in the state..."

Not only this, but the Trustpilot etc. badges at the bottom state that they are rated five stars and "excellent", while an actual search for them on Trustpilot leads to a far lesser status.

As a first time buyer, am I to assume from their own reviews that this is an unreliable and misleading site to purchase from? I'm wary about being stung and this seller looks faker than your average Ali Express store at this point.

Thanks for any input.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:46 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Hi, I've bought 3 dolls from Lucid. My first one from them was a 6YE that was in their damaged sale. The description was different from the actual photos showing the damage, however, the damage was less than the picture showed. Delivery was within 48 hours so no complaints.

I bought an Irontech next, again with damage to her feet but it turned out to be a small cut between her toes that was easily repaired. Description said 159cm but she's actually 163cm with her head on. No issues with delivery.

Third doll was another 6YE 157cm doll. Another with slight damage to her feet, easily repaired. The original listing bore no resemblance to the doll in the photos showing the damage but she is better. Delivered within 48 hours.

Hope that helps
Old 02-04-2023, 08:36 AM
Silver Member

Hi there, I was also a bit worried about placing an order with Lucid having previously used more traditional vendors, Lucid's prices are significantly lower so I wasn't sure what to expect. Of course they are cheaper because they have a different business model but I would say that if you do your homework and know what you're after then you can get yourself a good bargain. Over the past year I've received 5 dolls from them along with a couple of heads and a few spare eyes. Each order went smoothly with very swift delivery, all the dolls were in good shape, one of the bods I got had a few compression marks from laying in her box for a while but this is to be expected with a high volume supplier that carries a lot of stock. This can mean they occasionally have hard to resist sales, for example back in February I picked up a gorgeous Climax Doll gal for under £700 and she is pretty much flawless and is now one of my favourite dolls! Of course not everyone's experience will be as positive and orders can get mixed up but that can happen with other vendors too, all I can say is that over the past year it's worked for me and I now have nearly another half dozen beautiful dolls to grace my home!
Good luck, don't forget you can check with members on here before you make a decision which doll you want.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:27 AM
Bronze Member

I’ve had one doll from Lucid and everything was fine apart from a slight out-of-stock issue. The doll was great and actually exceeded my expectations. I certainly wouldn’t put Lucid in the same category as AliExpress or eBay; you really don’t know what you’re going to get with those and the chances of buying knock-off products are high. As others have said, do your research and ask on here before making a purchase - that goes for any vendor.
Jess (WM #233 on shared Kimber body)
Kelly (WM#273 on shared Kimber body)
Mila (WM #335 on shared Kimber body)
Old 02-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetDollFan View Post
I’ve had one doll from Lucid and everything was fine apart from a slight out-of-stock issue. The doll was great and actually exceeded my expectations. I certainly wouldn’t put Lucid in the same category as AliExpress or eBay; you really don’t know what you’re going to get with those and the chances of buying knock-off products are high. As others have said, do your research and ask on here before making a purchase - that goes for any vendor.
Im not trying to promote people buying knock off copys but I do hear the same story over and over again and I wonder who has had actual experience buying Dolls from the Chinese sites. I admite I have not bought from AliExpress but I have bought from DHgate which has pretty much all the same sellers on it and pretty much the same platform.

My experience has not been negative at all. I recently started a thread called "The good the bad and the Ugly" Having bought all 4 dolls from DH gate I would consider my self pretty well experienced.

My advice would be to write up a list of every question you can think of. And make sure you have everything confirmed by the vendor and pictures where possible before placing an order.
The only times anything ever went wrong is when I did not do that.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:43 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Personally I have doubts whether their reviews are genuine too.

But Personal experience, both Chloe and Elenas heads come from there posted to me. Elenas Irontech 155B body is from there too, Adam and I went down there and collected it. If you are in a position to travel to their warehouse, that would be the more favoured plan.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member

I know just what you mean, I had exactly the same thought and find it frustrating. Just as you say its an (almost) statistic impossibility that the ONLY reviews appearing are so highly rated. The terminology used in the reviews is often just odd but at the same time consistent over numerous reviews, To be fair a single customer who wrote in a particular style COULD have bought a lot of dolls though. Also the text of the "doll" review sometimes does not actually refer to a doll at all but reads more like for a small sextoy. I submitted a review to LT for a Torso doll which I was happy with but I mentioned a packaging issue, This review did not appear, Undaunted I assumed I had done something wrong so tried again with the same text - same result. Next purchase I left a positive review which instantly appeared on the LT site,, hmmm
I have bought 6 Torso dolls from LT and all have arrived punctually in good condition via Parcel Force or DPD. The only slight issue I had was the aforementioned packaging issue a CLM large Torso which actually had the letters CLM written on the box (my post about it is further down this LT section) This actually did not bother me at all but I informed LT just for their own information really and they offered me a small discount on my next order which I am about to place. This forum is clearly a better place to get information than relying on the LT website reviews!
Old 02-04-2023, 08:28 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Salash who owns the company values his reputation. He's on the ball and aims to give customers good value. As someone else says, visit the warehouse and you can see what you're getting in person.

Best wishes

Harem
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews
Old 06-04-2023, 04:38 PM
Bronze Member

Yes of course, Viewing / collection in person is ideal but not always an option for everyone. I and I'm sure others on this post have no wish to criticise LTs products or service, As I said above I have spent quite a lot of money with them and my experience has been positive. I am about to place another order with them. Clearly their business model is completely different to the other main UK vendors but LT can't be beaten on price.
However the OPs query was regarding the nature of the reviews
I appreciate Salash probably won't be involved in the more mundane side of the business but would he perhaps be able to offer an explanation of the review situation?
Old 06-04-2023, 04:50 PM
Bronze Member

I have bought three dolls and five heads from LT over the past three years. Any problems I had were sorted out promptly. And of those there were not many. I give them eight out if ten.
All my dolls are still okay with no serious issues. Good considering I do use them regularly for playing and posing.
Would buy from them again
You just have to do your homework on their site before purchasing. For a small fee they will take, and send you photos of the doll you want and refund it as points into your Lucid account.

Tags
fake, lucidtoys, review