UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-03-2023, 02:14 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
I went into matalan for my covid booster at the end of last year. Came out with a bag of pj's and dressing gowns 😂

You sure you went to the right place for your booster fella?
Old 28-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Never sure of anything these days
Old 28-03-2023, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaman View Post
Graham, Good luck with whatever you decide, as others have said take your time, i committed back in February and it's 7 weeks and counting, still no news, could be stuck in the Suez canal for all i know, plenty of time to consider did i make the right decision which doesn't help
Hi It’s good to know that there are others at the ‘just starting’ stage. Everyone has been very supportive. My main issue is the weight of the dolls. I have had issues with a bad back and even the lightest dolls are actually quite heavy to lift. 28kg might not sound heavy but it’s 4½ stones or 62 pounds! I am making enquiries of several of the doll retailers but ultimately if I cannot lift it safely then I cannot buy it which would be such a shame. Anyway I hope yours arrives soon. You will have to post photos of her when she arrives. Graham
Old 28-03-2023, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Hi It’s good to know that there are others at the ‘just starting’ stage. Everyone has been very supportive. My main issue is the weight of the dolls. I have had issues with a bad back and even the lightest dolls are actually quite heavy to lift. 28kg might not sound heavy but it’s 4½ stones or 62 pounds! I am making enquiries of several of the doll retailers but ultimately if I cannot lift it safely then I cannot buy it which would be such a shame. Anyway I hope yours arrives soon. You will have to post photos of her when she arrives. Graham
Lightest legal TPE girl you will find is the SM 155D. The body is 24kg but you would need to add 2kg more for the head.
Old 28-03-2023, 04:20 PM
Gold Excellence Member

If the weight is the biggest stumbling block you might want to look at these.

https://cloudclimax.co.uk/product/se...rainne-body-2/

Can't tell you anything about them as never seen one aside from photos.
Old 29-03-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Lightest legal TPE girl you will find is the SM 155D. The body is 24kg but you would need to add 2kg more for the head.
I have discovered that you can order the OR doll with detachable legs as a £160 extra option so that would reduce the weight when carrying her and then just add head and legs when she is in the place you want her to be so that may be the answer. None of the alternatives I have seen seem any better than that. I am still sitting on the fence though. One day I will press that button!
Old 29-03-2023, 01:08 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I really hope you find the right one for you. When you do push that button, you'll never be the same again!
Old 29-03-2023, 07:32 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I have discovered that you can order the OR doll with detachable legs as a £160 extra option so that would reduce the weight when carrying her and then just add head and legs when she is in the place you want her to be so that may be the answer. None of the alternatives I have seen seem any better than that. I am still sitting on the fence though. One day I will press that button!
Detachable legs are okay when you move her seldom, because you still put her somewhere stable to attach and detach the legs. In addition you will have a rather prominent seam which can only be hidden by stockings. No bikini shots and be careful when you put her into the shower.

I've got an Ex Lite with detachable arms and legs full PU weighing only 8kg but she's a photo model only, and always dressed or the seams somehow out of sight.

It's already very annoying when she loses the wig during playtime, worse possibility even the head, but you can't pull a leg (pun intended) on a full body doll. That coming of, you might be better of with a torso.

Good luck.
Jo

Laura - Isabella - Natalia - Maggie - Ylvie - Hanna - Kat - Minis
Old 30-03-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy70 View Post
Detachable legs are okay when you move her seldom, because you still put her somewhere stable to attach and detach the legs. In addition you will have a rather prominent seam which can only be hidden by stockings. No bikini shots and be careful when you put her into the shower.

I've got an Ex Lite with detachable arms and legs full PU weighing only 8kg but she's a photo model only, and always dressed or the seams somehow out of sight.

It's already very annoying when she loses the wig during playtime, worse possibility even the head, but you can't pull a leg (pun intended) on a full body doll. That coming of, you might be better of with a torso.

Good luck.
Jo
Thanks Jo
I was only really thinking about detachable legs from the weight point of view. I hadn’t thought about what the seams might look like where the legs attach. Finding a perfect doll is not easy though. One thing I was wondering is if I go with the detachable legs how does that affect the doll’s ability to stand? Is this not really an issue? I may still continue looking for a doll with attached legs that is as light as possible.
Graham
Old 30-03-2023, 06:46 PM
Part of the Furniture

Psions's Ksenia is a JY with detachable legs. Sadly the mechanism is so tight they dont detach at all easily so the body is getting returned.

That sais, she stood just fine and the seams were quite well hidden on her as the silicone naturally "sticks" together (think low tac) so once you line it all up they dont show too much.

They may open up if she's sitting , i dont know.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet