UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2023, 02:29 PM

Default Journalist looking for contributors

Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting here. My name's Brit Dawson, I'm a journalist working on a piece for British GQ about people who consider themselves to be in relationships with love dolls.

The feature will be a longread, and will tell the stories of those in these relationships – how they got into them, what the dynamic is like, how their families and friends responded, how they see the future of artificial companionship, etc.

I'm looking for additional contributors based in the UK, and wondered if any of you would be interested in speaking with me for my piece? You can remain anonymous.

I understand that many of you will be hesitant about speaking to the press, but I want to reassure you that I've written widely about sex and sexual subcultures, and will handle this story with care and treat its subjects with respect. The feature will be narrative-led and sex-positive.

You can find examples of my previous work here: https://muckrack.com/brit-dawson

If you're interested in speaking, please drop me an email: brittanymaedawson(at)gmail(dot)com. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2023, 02:59 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Frankly, the constant barrage of 'academics' and the 'press' is becoming somewhat tiresome.

The title of this forum is 'UK Love Doll Forum', not 'UK Sex Doll Forum'.

You have reached a place where sex is not the primary motivator, despite your apparent preconceived notions.

- - -
Old 10-03-2023, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

I agree with the esteemed member above

a word to the wise, don't private message anyone unless they have expressed interest, it didn't work with the last guy, I don't think it will work for you any better.

p.s. have a look at my sig for how I view my relationship

Old 10-03-2023, 03:28 PM

Thank you both for replying! I want to clarify that I'm specifically exploring loving, romantic partnerships between people and their dolls, as opposed to sex. As an example, two people have shared their stories in detail – how they first discovered their love of dolls, what the relationship means to them (companionship in times of loneliness; respite from the messiness of human relationships), and their day-to-day lives with their doll partners.

My aim is offer readers an insight into the lives of doll owners, and to hopefully encourage them to look beyond 'sex' dolls and clickbait headlines and understand motivations for owning a doll, and the life-altering benefits it can provide.

No pressure of course, and I'm sorry if you've been inundated with academics and journalists – I can totally understand the frustration in a private setting like this. I would just love to get some insight from UK-based doll owners, as much mainstream attention has been on the US.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:31 PM

Ah, I can see my choice of writing 'sex and sexual subcultures' was off-base – I apologise! I've written widely about sex and relationships, and unique subcultures within that realm, is what I mean. I'm acutely aware that dolls provide companionship for many, and didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_h3ad View Post
...My aim is offer readers an insight into the lives of doll owners, and to hopefully encourage them to look beyond 'sex' dolls and clickbait headlines and understand motivations for owning a doll, and the life-altering benefits it can provide...
Might I suggest you obtain one for yourself and experience the relationship development first hand? Each and every one of us is different and we really don't appreciate labels.

I can't see there being much difference between the US and the UK. Why would there be?

- - -
Old 10-03-2023, 04:18 PM

‘People, like to make themselves into smaller groups of people, in order to feel strong, by excluding others.’

‘There are dozens of us! DOZENS!!’

This Journalist asked politely about relationships with love dolls.
She did not define any characteristics of those relationships.
To take offence that sexual activities are presumed to be involved is nonsense.

The hostility is unwarranted and unbecoming.

Talusia
Old 10-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Diamond Member

Nope.. Read the thread 3 times now and still cant find the hostility

Old 10-03-2023, 04:34 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I don't see any hostility and it doesn't appear that red_h3ad does either, Algae was simply clarifying a regular misunderstanding due to part of the opening post, which was then explained more clearly by red_h3ad, also nobody said they were offended about anything.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Silver Member

hostile, me? no!

I was just trying to be friendly and warn against pm's as the last journalist said they wouldn't send any without prior contact and then pm'd me and others who hadn't expressed any interest