UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Default Beauty only skin deep

As I posted elsewhere, Patsy, my JY 166 cm, has broken her back after only 4 months (she arrived in January).

Clearly, the skeleton is not up to reasonable wear and tear (I was not rough with her), hence the title of this topic - "Beauty only skin deep". This is a great shame (especially as JY has some of the most attractive faces) and something JY should strive to rectify, even if it means increasing the prices of their dolls. I am now not surprised that JY is not TDF approved, but as so many approved vendors stock the brand, you think it will be okay. Maybe I have just been unlucky (and at least I got mine when Sexxdolls were having a sale, so the financial damage is not as great as it could have been), and it would be interesting to hear from others regarding their experiences.

Elizabeth at Sexxdolls.co (my vendor) emailed this morning to say that JY had responded to her saying that the order was too long ago and that they weren't going to do anything about the problem. I wasn't surprised, I have to say, but it's not very satisfactory. Elizabeth recommended that for my next doll I go for a higher quality one such as WM (inc. YL, OR) or 6YE, etc. I know it will cost me more than the JY, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I likesome of the WMs, but the 6YE range interests me because of their different approach to skeleton jointing (ball clipping?) which is supposed to make them easier to move when new and prevent them from being too loose as they age. Any thoughts on this from anyone please?

I am also going for a lighter doll with hollow breasts next time. I am able to move Patsy's 39Kg, but it has been suggested that her upper weight (she has solid breasts) might have contributed to the lower spine problem.

So poor Patsy is bed-ridden. I will practice make-up on her and also the colouring of her intimate regions. Ultimately, she will be used for "medical research" and, who knows, I might even be able to learn how to fix her back... At least I should be able to use her head on another body (if it has the M16 screw).

Onwards and upwards, as they say

(I have also posted this on TDF)
Old 04-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Bronze Member

Thats a real shame PDutus sorry to hear.

Maybe im jumping to conclusions about JY, but I would have liked to think that for what it costs them in materials per doll, which I wouldnt think is very much, that if they had any faith in their design they would recognise this as a faulty 'unit' and replaced or at least repaired her. But I wonder if its a more common problem with them and so they dont want to open the gates to everybody who has bought one which has suffered a serious problem early on. But thats complete speculation on my part
Old 04-05-2019, 11:26 AM

That's a shame. Hopefully it is possible to fix her back somehow.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Bronze Member

I know this doesn't help you now, but there's a reason JY have the reputation they have. Beautiful dolls...when they are made right..and their after sales is non-existant.

I would warn anyone to think three times before getting a JY...
Old 04-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Thanks everyone.

One of the reasons I posted this was as a warning to others who are considering a JY.

It's a great shame when a manufacturer doesn't stand by its products. I know this is unlikely to happen, but it would be interesting if some of the vendors stopped or suspended dealing with JY until they got their act together.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
Thanks everyone.

One of the reasons I posted this was as a warning to others who are considering a JY.

It's a great shame when a manufacturer doesn't stand by its products. I know this is unlikely to happen, but it would be interesting if some of the vendors stopped or suspended dealing with JY until they got their act together.
I think thats why certain vendors do not entertain JY due to their rep
Old 04-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Diamond Member

Lets try to find a small positive twist here.

To me the spirit of the doll is in the head and Patsy's head (worth 300) is fine. So take that straight off what she cost you as, as you say, she can live again on another body (from other manufacturers) of your choosing when funds allow.

A broken back makes Patsy a bed doll. She is no less cudlable. She is no less attractive to wake up next to. You are simply more restricted on what you are able to do with her.

The back could be fixed... But, it is a major surgery and the weight of the upper body is such that the fix could end up the equivalent of an elaspoplast on a torn artery. As such I would personally only attempt the repair on the body as a last resort where a lighter top body I would have been much more willing to attempt to save it.

Thats sound advice about the alternatives. For me Jinsan are top of the pile but I would really love to give a 6YE 162B amor with Bianca head a home... i.e.

I actually like that dolls loosen with age as for me they beome that much more loveable... A pain in the arse to pose, but loveable non the less. Of course if 6YE have found that happy medium between the two thats another brownie point for them.

However, on the M16's my understanding is that 6YE's use the pop pins which is a bloody shame as that means that they are non compatible with Jinsan / JY / SM heads so much as I like the above body until I get a lottery win she will never live here as my girls need to share

For weight the lowest you are likely to find will be down around 28kg. Try to set your upper limit at under 34kg. There are plenty of great Jinsan bodies in that weight range.

Some bodies seem heavier than others due to how the weight is distributed. i.e. my 155D is lighter than the 166C but it seems the other way around due to the 166C's better design and weight distribution.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:05 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudWatching View Post
Thats a real shame PDutus sorry to hear.

Maybe im jumping to conclusions about JY, but I would have liked to think that for what it costs them in materials per doll, which I wouldnt think is very much, that if they had any faith in their design they would recognise this as a faulty 'unit' and replaced or at least repaired her. But I wonder if its a more common problem with them and so they dont want to open the gates to everybody who has bought one which has suffered a serious problem early on. But thats complete speculation on my part
To me it looks like a design flaw with this one model. Having looked at the pics those boobs as solid units on a skinny waist with a hinged back was a design issue waiting to happen. Not every one of these will break, hopefully very few will, but I imagine that over time all of them will suffer with the back hinge not being able to maintain the upper body so one way or the other this doll would end up a bed buddy rather than a girl to stand around the house.

Of course the actual fault is pure speculation. It could be that there is no design flaw and it was simply the wrong skeleton was used during manufacture.

I would never dream to say that there is anything amiss with JY dolls. But, they have been known to cut corners in the past and this could be that issue raising its head once more.

We will never know what caused this but to play safe I would say if one is going for bigger boobs go for air bags as TPE weighs a hell of a lot and not all doll skeletons are created equal.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDutus View Post
Thanks everyone.

Cloud climax only started selling them again last year after dropping them for quite some time. The original issues were rectified by a new manager coming in who really turned the company around... He has now gone and it could be that they are slipping back to their old ways which is a shame.

When River arrived she had the tiniest paint splashes on her. The vendor offered to get her replaced but the spots were like pin heads and I felt (correctly) that I could get rid of them. (plus I was attached to her before she even got here and I'm one of those who thinks that the doll is that head, no other head cast in the same mould, it is that head or it is a different doll).

The one line that stuck with me from the vendor was "You would never, ever see this on a doll that you got from WM".

That line really stuck with me and over the last nine months since River arrived more and more I have concluded that if one really wants to buy a doll with confidence then look first to Jinsan (I'm sure that they have occassional failures but they give the impression that they design well and stand by their products).
Old 04-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDub View Post
I think thats why certain vendors do not entertain JY due to their rep
Yes, I think that CC's removal was temporay until they proved that they could deliver quality products but TDH pulled the plug and left it pulled.

I am not convinced that JY have slipped back to their old ways. I've certanly heard of no dolls that could not be left in an unventillated room due to the smell since the company got fixed. But there's definitely a reason that WM can command a higher price.

I'm going to be a bit contentous here and say that I would actually have no issue buying a skinny JY doll (158c, 148c, etc.) as they are the right price for a good doll that fits in the gap between the entry level TPE girls and higher end dolls like WM's.

They are certainly not bad dolls.

Similarly I would put SM in the gap between JY and WM. I think that in our minds we all develop a pecking order as to where certain manufacturers fall and for me JY has secured its position as a mid range manufacturer who I trust to give me the doll that I order in a TPE material that is safe... But apparentlyy from this thread, not someone that I would be willing to trust to buy a new model from until she was market tested unlike WM where the moment that the 166C hit the market I was willing to buy her.