UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Chinese Doll Forum. > WM Doll Forum.

Old 10-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt gloss View Post
Hi ,some great adventure for you all great photos of Lynne with the vole
I hope the cat isn't upset having his toy confiscated
Best wishes
He's not happy, but will no doubt find something else to keep him amused. Oddly he rarely goes after wildlife. We get a lot of birds in the garden, particularly a family of blackbirds that have occupied the hedge for a couple of years now. They're very tame to the point that one will even get within a metre of me to steal food. Cat doesn't seem that bothered but I do worry!

As for "Vic" the vole (Lynne and some other dolls decided it needed a name) sadly passed away last night. We did all we could to help, and he will be buried with full honours tomorrow. Too late to get an obituary and funeral notice in the local paper however... here's a photo of the two of them last night before bed (the brown stuff is peanut butter):

Last edited by Muninn; 10-07-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old 10-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Diamond Member

Ah, shame.

It could be that he was so subdued because being carried around by the cat had given him a heart attack.

One slight bit of comfort for creatures at the bottom of the food chain is that they have a low pain threshold. So things like rabbits and small rodents die before being eaten.

That he survived a couple of days I thought that you had got him from the cat before it was too late for him but sadly not.

In my garden its the robin that virtually eats from your hand. He hasn't yet but he gets damn close before chickening.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:12 AM
Platinum Member

poor little guy wonder if he got into some rat poison could be why your cat found so many. at least he is at peace now.

carlys_guy
Old 10-07-2019, 05:00 AM
Gold Member

Yes our condolences as well Lynne, it is sad when pets and rescues pass on.

Anung
Old 10-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Old 10-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Gold Member

It's sad when you lose even a something so small you have just got attached to.

It might have been a case that the poor vole was in shock, hence the reason it was easy to handle. Also voles do not have a long lifespan.

It may be worth reading up on caring for voles, just in case you get another one. They need water, ideally from a dropper if old enough and plenty of greens.

As for funerals for rodents, then I'm always reminded of that Karen gave a mouse in Outnumbered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlB57ghalS0
Old 10-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Gold Member

What a shame I hoped he/she would make it
It does seem odd that pussy cat was able to apprehend them so easily,voles eat grass as their main diet I think, so perhaps they had ingested some weedkiller or such and were already feeing ill.
I hope Lynne and all are ok
Best wishes