UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Inventors Forum.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

I've found the hardest part of doing the eyebrows is getting them level and symmetrical, particularly if starting with a blank slate.

As there are two of each, that little issue should resolve itself.

Once you've got the first impression in the right place, you can THEN use the powders and some brown lip liner to darken and finalise.

I've never had these myself as I learned, some time ago (when I did the Pelin's makeover on arrival), to never let the existing brows disappear as they are an invaluable guide for touch-ups.

But if you have no guide, then these 3 second brow tools could get you past the initial fumbling and inevitable crooked goofs.

Having a little think, I could possibly 3D print some 'transfer pads' myself to any shape I choose. 💡
Old 11-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Having a little think, I could possibly 3D print some 'transfer pads' myself to any shape I choose. 💡
I was just thinking the same thing. Copy existing eyebrows and 3D print a pair in PLA. Get some make up pads, stick em to the print and trim them and Bobs yer uncle.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Gold Member

Well, I've ordered a kit so I'll post pictures of the pads. You should be able to get an idea of what they look like from different angles, I'll take measurements, too. Then do some practice runs and compare the results with other methods.
eco
Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Gold Member

I use stencil eyebrow kits, very easy to use and all have different shapes and sizes to choose from and use eyeliner and powders to fill in with. Long lasting and if a mistake happens, just wash off with baby oil or skin cleanser
Old 12-07-2019, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspie View Post
I use stencil eyebrow kits...
Historically, that's what I've used, but getting things to line up is a pain, which is why I wondered if anyone had tried these.
Old 13-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Gold Member

Well, I picked up the kit this afternoon and I've given it a test run. I must say, it comes as a neat little set.
Is it easy to use or easier than stencils, especially for lining things up? I don't think so. There is a lot of room for error when finding the correct place for the brow. It being a stamp means there is no room to make final adjustments before applying, as can be done with a regular stencil, stamped = done. However, they are easier in that I didn't have to hold a stencil in place, that's it.
The pads are made of regular makeup sponge material. If you can find some of that sponge big enough, with careful shaping, they can be made at home. The handle/holder is pretty good at its job and makes it easy to handle the brow pad. The makeup is regular eyebrow makeup in a largish compact and it smudges easily, I'll be using this with a fine brush for detail work. The pad can be brushed with regular eyeshadow then stamped, this works great for a faint print and leaves a neat outline with even coverage; good for starting out with but, still with the problem of needing to get it right the first time.
The pads are regular eyebrow stencil size so, I'll not provide measurements.

The kit:

The results:

I'm going to keep the pads and use them with eyeshadow to create a faint mark (I like the shape of them) before making good with other methods, if there is a trace of an eyebrow already in place. If no eyebrow is visible, then I'll use the regular stencils.
eco
Old 13-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the in depth review Eco.

It does seam like a good piece of kit to own. I understand the problem with positioning but i guess using a light eye shadow with it and then filling with the final colour once the position is good will work well.

I would probably have to make my own pads, my doll has plucked eyebrows so they are quite thin and straight. I've yet to look for stencils to see what shapes there are.

Now I'm thinking if it would work well to combine a pad and a stemcil. Using the stencil to get the pad positions correct. Could easily make a pad from a stencil. Just need the stamp part from the kit.
Old 13-07-2019, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
I've yet to look for stencils to see what shapes there are.
I think I got mine from Amazon, a few years ago, as a set of ten different shapes. The brow kit is good, packs away neatly. It just comes with its own problems which balance out with regular stencils. Like you, I'm thinking something between the two.
eco
Old 14-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Bronze Member

This may be completely stupid and irrelevant but when I try to give myself nice eyebrows I simply draw them freehand but faintly with an eyebrow pencil, removing and redoing as necessary. Then when it's as good as it's ever likely to be I thicken it up with the same pencil, powder or even khol pencil if I want it ott. I'm sure it would be easier on a doll though pencils may not work.
I don't really see the need for stamps or stencils.
Just my 2 pen'worth (showing my age)
But I don't even have my doll yet so quite probably I'm talking garbage as usual
S xx
Old 14-07-2019, 01:39 AM
Bronze Member

I nearly said that eyebrows needn't by perfectly symmetrical because ours aren't, however our girls of course do have symmetry (possibly a factor for their superhuman beauty)
So ignore above post as I hadn't quite thought it through
S xx