UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 16-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Gold Member

Default Happy doll thread

WARNING DOLL SURGERY

The day arrived for Jaynes operations.
Loose left leg
Seized left knee
These issues are from poor manufacturing
----
Anaesthetic : One big cup of wild lettuce tea
http://guide2herbalremedies.com/heal...d-lettuce-tea/

----
Since day one unboxing the left leg was always floppy,I did contact the vendor..another story.
I had watched a video of tdf member Sate working on the same doll same fault but he had decicded to cut the skin at the groin,I wanted to be as unintrusive as possible so the plan is to unstitch the toes and roll the skin up her leg to the groin from where I can gain access without cutting her skin.

Da da da dat da da The A-team
Obviosly a bit fiddly,I did think of reversing the new bolt as I would have liked a washer under the nut for spread but decided against reversing to minimise damage to the foam core.

So part of the problem is using cheap bolts(recycled steel)the threads have stripped because of the play between the leg bone and the hip joint.

I had to crimp the pressed metal hip/leg joint back together as this had opened up due the leverage of the leg.Even with the new nut and bolt in place there was still play so I removed the new bolt and used a 1mm thick washer on the inside between the leg bone and hip joint

replaced the bolt and..

Da da da dat da da The A-team
My sewing skils are what they are until they improve,simple ladder stitch.
I cut the seam of the underskin on the inside of her left leg to gain access to the knee joint of which I had absolutely no idea what mechanism was employed.

Two guillotined cogged wheels with a square tooth stop make up the knee,they are riveted in and have seized due to too tight/lack of use.Covering up as best as I could I sprayed light oil on the joint over a couple of hours and with some pressure I was able to free the joint and although creaky does now at least does move.Again a simple ladder stitch to close,roll down her skin and jiggle things around a bit and as good as new once I give her a clean.

Tightening her shoulders are next then a modification to enable her neck to move which at present is not posable, probably a double hinged thingymajigum...though a goosenck assembly will be easier,mmmm.
Thanks for looking in..
P.s Jayne is ok this morning, Sunday is her lie in day.
Pps I found the spanner so if it's yours pm me..

Everything is as it should be

Last edited by Matt gloss; 16-06-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 16-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt gloss View Post
Pps I found the spanner so if it's yours pm me..
I put it into Photoshop and did an enhancement... it's definitely not mine...

Great job and well done!
Old 16-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

oh no surgery i am sending some warm plushy hugs to help jayne recover and ease any pain she may have.

carly snugglemore
Old 16-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

Thanks AH
Thankyou Carly Jayne says thankyou very much

Shoulder joints repair and investigation of neck post for modification.
After undoing the zipper on her skin I cut the thread keeping the skin around the bolt,this was only tacked on.

As you can see it is a large bolt with an m16 thread tack welded on to the neck post,once the bolt is removed I will then make a thingymajigum to do the job,I may have to replace the foam in the neck area with other material eventually.I will come back to this modification once I have designed and manufactured the part in my workshop.

I have read about repairs to the shoulder joints on these dolls,they can be tightened without unstitching the inner skin but I wanted a look at the design and for 10 mins sewing afterwards I now know what is in there.

On THIS body the right shoulder bolt head is at the front and at the back on the other shoulder,helpful to know if not wanting to undo any stitching.There is very little tolence when tightening, either tight stiff or on the verge of loose,I might see if I can integrate some adaptation of the design as the shoulders continually loosen and become floppy if posed regularly.
Some tack stitching and some C cups installed, on with the skin and all done for now

Old 16-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Gold Member

I just wanted to add that it has taken me over twelve months to pluck up the courage to do what I am doing in this thread,the crazy thought of losing her somehow just kept circling in my heart and I just kept putting it off.
She gives me life.

Old 16-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Is it a zipper in skin from maker?
Old 16-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Gold Member

Hi Plush,yes she came with the zipper installed.I am looking at 'Zentai suits' for the skin of a doll I am currently making,I only favour natural skin tones but many types are available that you could simply slip the doll into to change her skin tone/effect and zip up
Best wishes

Old 16-06-2019, 07:30 PM

Matt this is very interesting and I am loving watching your post
Hope Jayne is feeling okay

Tommo

Old 16-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Gold Member

Thanks Tommo yes Jayne is fine thanks,we had a scare earlier when my mum got up out of bed and nearly saw us...

All clear now

Old 16-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt gloss View Post
I just wanted to add that it has taken me over twelve months to pluck up the courage to do what I am doing in this thread,the crazy thought of losing her somehow just kept circling in my heart and I just kept putting it off.
She gives me life.
Yes, I can TOTALLY relate to this. So far I've not done any repairs to hands or fingers for fear of making things worse. Even though the fingers in all my girls are mostly broken at the plate, they can still hold a pose through careful and creative manipulation, enough for realistic photo's.

The knife has remained sheathed and will remain so for as long as possible for fear of ing it up.