UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:47 PM
Gold Member

Default FaceApp, is it worth it?

I've been playing around with FaceApp on my tablet and like the one smile option, it offers, for free. To use all the other face changing options means either paying a subscription or paying around 40 for a year's access. I will probably only use it for the facial features aspect. For those that have and use the full version, is it worth the price for the extra face features; are they any good?
I will go with the one-off payment instead of a monthly subscription, should I pay for this. If there's food in the cupboards, the bills are paid and I have the money in my pocket, I'll quite happily spend what I have on Vicky however, I'm not keen on throwing money in the bin.

eco
Old 09-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Diamond Member

I'm probably in a small minority but I don't like the app at all as thats not how our girls actually look.

I know that beggog uses it a lot and his pics look great but for me those are not real images and it gets into are we looking at the image because its an attractive woman or because you want to see what she really looks like.

As a doll site, for me it's primarily the latter. I love to see how people use hair and makeup and clever photography to completely change the look of their girls. But I am just not big on the application of after effects other than adjusting things like brightness or focus.

As I say, I'm sure I'm in the minority but personally its not for me.

That aside she looks absolutely stunning and full of life in the image. Truly excellent image which I'm sure has made it into the family album. If you are going to use it why would you ever want any more than that.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

agree with shamus i want to see what the doll really looks like and remember the only time you will see the app change is online not in person and you will see her everyday in person so by a head you want to see everyday.

carlys_guy
Old 09-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member

90% of a smile is in the eyes.

FaceApp frequently looks fake and insincere because of this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/h...eyes-1C9386917
Old 09-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Banned

It's also possible to create this effect with Photoshop but it takes much more time to achieve a result like FaceApp. I also triggered to buy a full licence but 40 is well paid for an Android app I just tend to use randomly.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Bronze Member

Never heard of it, but just had a look and it actually looks really good for things like choosing hair colour and style, or adding glasses and sunglasses. Could help choosing a new wig the smile feature actually looks like one of the less impressive ones
Old 09-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecobod View Post

eco
Was that a picture you took and put through the app? As I think that has come out really well, cant tell if its the effect of the app or is an actual woman maybe from an ad for the app? I tried it also as it is interesting, I wasnt impressed with the result of the free smile option something about it didnt look quite right, I did want to try the closed mouth smile and wondered if it would be worth the cost but didnt bother in the end.

Maybe im going crazy but im sure I see kate smile occasionally anyway! I think its the shape of her mouth\lips that means if im close to her the angle sometimes makes it look like she is smiling slightly, always catches me by surprise but definitely makes me smile back
Old 09-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I'm liking the pic, but I'm with Shamus. Show them as they are. Filters are killing whats real in the world these days.

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 09-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Bronze Member

I have seen some really good results from it by other users, some smiles suit the dolls some dont
Old 09-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Bronze Member

Shame it's only available for phones. I'm not 19 and would rather do stuff like that on my computer. Where all my photos are.