UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-07-2023, 01:16 PM
Vendor

Without a VPN, a UK/EU customer can purchase the goods. They have ensured the removal of the length from the title, an apparent attempt to circumvent the rules. I would call this hypocrisy. Numerous individuals on the Discord forum are voicing their complaints about having to pay for customs and VAT, only to be refunded the amount by the named vendor. Surely, HMRC would frown upon such a practice.

Old 21-07-2023, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
I have been told SL sell some illegal dolls too. I would watch out before buying from them.

If they say it's in stock ask for real warehouse photos.

They would probably want to charge for the photos...
Old 21-07-2023, 07:36 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedoo View Post
They would probably want to charge for the photos...
Perhaps, but first, you need to travel to Spain or Germany, where the renowned Chinese 3PX Warehouse is located. Once there, you'll need to immerse yourself in the local culture and language. Learning Mandarin-Spanish in Spain or Mandarin-German in Germany will be essential to effectively communicate with the warehouse staff and locals.

Once you have mastered the language, it's time to embark on your search for the desired product. Navigating through the vast warehouse might seem overwhelming, but with determination and a keen eye, you'll find what you're looking for.

Now comes the crucial part - assembling a team of well-trained staff to handle the unboxing process with care and precision. Delicate items require expertise and attention to detail, ensuring the product remains intact during the unpacking phase.

After unboxing the item, capturing high-quality images is essential for documentation and potential marketing purposes. Investing in good photography equipment and skills will help showcase the product's features and attract potential customers.

Finally, as you complete the process, the last step involves uploading the images and relevant product information to a PC.

Old 21-07-2023, 07:41 PM
Vendor

...Wait, the customer then emails, expressing interest in the product you've listed. They request additional information and ask, 'Can you also send me pictures of these other 4 dolls you have in stock?' This inquiry presents a fantastic opportunity to showcase the variety of products available in the Chinese 3PX Warehouse.

Now, with the language barrier no longer an obstacle, you promptly respond to the customer's email in a courteous and informative manner. You express your gratitude for their interest and assure them that you'll be more than happy to provide pictures of the other dolls they are curious about.

You immediately mobilize your skilled team to explore the warehouse once more, searching for the four specific dolls mentioned by the customer. With their expertise, they quickly locate the items, ensuring they are handled with care to maintain their pristine condition.

As the team prepares to unbox and photograph the additional dolls, you realize the potential to expand your offerings and cater to a broader customer base. These new dolls could attract collectors, enthusiasts, and individuals looking for unique gifts, further diversifying your product range.

Once the images of the four dolls are captured, you meticulously review them, ensuring they portray the dolls' true beauty and distinctive features. The importance of presenting high-quality visuals cannot be overstated, as they significantly impact a customer's perception and purchase decision.

With the pictures perfected, you promptly reply to the customer's email, attaching the images of the four additional dolls. Alongside the pictures, you provide detailed descriptions, highlighting each doll's craftsmanship, history, and cultural significance.

As the customer receives the email, they find out that there is a slight mark on the arm and the light used for photography is not optimum.....

Old 21-07-2023, 07:51 PM
Vendor

Welcome to the Doll Business, where every day brings new challenges and opportunities! As the demand for the products grows, so does the complexity of managing customer inquiries and handling logistics.

The sudden arrival of another customer email, urgently requesting photos of the Zelex Doll, puts your customer service agent in a bit of a bind. They must now decide which inquiry to prioritize - the customer requesting pictures of four dolls or the one adamant about immediate photos of the Zelex Doll.

In such a situation, quick thinking and efficient communication are essential. The agent acknowledges both customers' emails promptly, expressing their gratitude for their interest and promising to provide the necessary information as soon as possible. They assure the Zelex Doll-seeking customer that the images will be sent shortly and that they value their business.

With customer satisfaction as the top priority, the agent delegates tasks within the team to ensure both inquiries are addressed simultaneously. One team member focuses on unboxing and photographing the Zelex Doll, while another team member works on capturing images of the four other dolls....

Old 22-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Do I sense a slight touch of sarcasm

Well that's the problem dealing with customers, they always want something strange and ask obvious questions. Mainly because of inexperience and you roll your eyes - "not again"

Been there, done that in a different business. And worst of all if it gets emotional, then all you can do is walk away, let the customer come to grips and make a decision.

But in the end I think there are more easy peasy going transactions than these, else nobody would ever ever ever do this any more. And you hopefull earn some money.

Coming back to the initial question, would I import from the US? In my case Germany and I would rather not unless the product is only available there.

There are options to get your order pre processed and all legalities taken care of and that's something you need to discuss with your vendor. The good thing is - technically you are not the importer but the vendor, on the other hand you don't know what and when and where and tracking is only available when the doll is through customs. That's something I try to do when the doll is drop shipped from China.

The easiest way is to deal with a German vendor (in my case) so local laws apply, no hassle and in case of problems the same language and same laws. ymmv.

Jo

Laura - Isabella - Natalia - Maggie - Ylvie - Hanna - Kat - Minis
Old 22-07-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy70 View Post
Do I sense a slight touch of sarcasm

Very true, shock horror at a remote customer wanting to see photos, or decent photos of an expensive product they may want to buy.

Who'd have ever thought anyone might want to see what they're actually buying ? So unheard of.

Then a seller with no photos has the audacity to tell the customers they have to pay to get photos !!
Old 22-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Banned

Difficulty goes with the territory.

Anything that is easy to do is easy to replicate.

Anything that is easy to replicate attracts greater competition so reduces profits.

Simple choice. Difficult with a high margin. Simple with a low margin. But, companies that take the first route will always complain about the customer and companies that take the second option will always complain about the market.

Here endeth todays lesson on business
Old 22-07-2023, 01:41 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Difficulty goes with the territory.

Anything that is easy to do is easy to replicate.

Anything that is easy to replicate attracts greater competition so reduces profits.

Simple choice. Difficult with a high margin. Simple with a low margin. But, companies that take the first route will always complain about the customer and companies that take the second option will always complain about the market.

Here endeth todays lesson on business
I totally agree, Just wrote software which automates 160000 actions in 2 hours. It would have taken 5 staff members 4 weeks to complete.

Old 22-07-2023, 01:56 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedoo View Post
Very true, shock horror at a remote customer wanting to see photos, or decent photos of an expensive product they may want to buy.

Who'd have ever thought anyone might want to see what they're actually buying ? So unheard of.

Then a seller with no photos has the audacity to tell the customers they have to pay to get photos !!
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous message. To clarify, we acknowledge and fully understand the importance of photos for our customers when considering a purchase, especially for high-value items.

We have two categories of vendors:

Those that do not provide custom photos due to resource or funding limitations.
Those that do provide custom photos.
For vendors under the second category:

2 i) We maintain a large archive of warehouse images, which we provide free of charge. We cater to an average of about 30 image requests per day via our chat feature.
2 ii) For specific requests where a customer wants custom photos of items we have in stock, we request a nominal deposit of £35.00. This deposit is then adjusted against the order if the customer decides to purchase the product.

The deposit is a measure that helps us manage resources efficiently and continue to provide this valuable service. Please note, it's uncommon for vendors globally to offer unlimited custom photos for each request without any checks and balances in place.

I hope this helps to clarify our process. We value our customers' satisfaction and are constantly working to enhance your shopping experience. Thank you for your understanding and your business.