UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum

Old 24-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Silver Member

Default Storage

None of the doll forums seem to have subforums dedicated to storage, and yet a huge amount of doll time, I find, is spent on this very subject. Obviously "storage" includes "hides", which is where my problem lies. I don't yet have a perfect system.
Old 24-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Gold Member

I used to hide Lucky on my other boat, (not a solution for everyone), until I plucked up the courage to tell my wife about her.

These days both Lucy and Ana spend most of there time lying around our main boat looking good cute.

No very helpful I'm afraid but there you have it.

I am sure others can assist though.

FM
Old 24-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Diamond Member

Default Hiding?

Keep posting as I'm sure owners of solid dolls will have advice on storage as it seems these must be stored carefully to avoid damage.
Not an issue with Teddy Babes, even two fully life-sized ones.

But - hiding? Now there's a topic. Guess it depends on if one has a sense of embarrassment at others finding out and/or fear of their reaction? Myself; from the start I decided to "come out" and my ladies live openly about the house and sleep in my bed. True friends don't have a problem and I'm long past caring whether other folk think I'm mad, bad or sad! One thing about having my ladies out and about in their finery; they become an acknowledged part of the household and kind of dilutes the whole "kinky sex" thing that is all that some folks think it's about.
Old 25-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

One can go crazy in the head trying to hide a secret!

If it's legal, then go ahead and be free about it! Why hide a work of art?

- - -
Old 25-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Bronze Member

Since I have neither the space nor privacy at home and I spend most weekends in a shed out in my woods (where I work), I plan to build a cupboard on top of an existing table.

Basically building a box on the top and thus having a new top to the table that is a foot higher than the existing one. The door to the cupboard will be on the front of the table not the top. I'll put a shelf on drawer runners at the bottom of the box so my doll can lie prone on that and be pulled out for easy lifting (or sitting up on the shelf against the box/table top). I'm expecting there to be 'dead space' for much of the doll's height (or length, depending on perspective), so I can add a drawer to the underside of the table top (within the cupboard) to contain clothes and accessories.

When I finally get my doll, I shall get on with making this and post some pictures of it on the forum I'm sure the same idea could be used in normal houses with a new coffee table or sideboard
Old 25-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Mostly silicone/tpe ladies are hung, usually from a point behind the neck, this avoids any possible compression damage which can become permanent, being rather heavy, even padded or foam lined containers can leave marks.
Also there is a "relaxed" position that the factory recommends to reduce stresses on the skin during extended periods of inactivity.
These things are important to consider, more so for some dolls than others, eg smaller lighter dolls are less prone to pressure related problems, and silicone is primarily more resistant to this and other types of potential damage, though a tpe doll from a good manufacturer will be quite durable.
Think about how often you will be accessing the storage area, even the lighter dolls can be awkward to maneuver and repetitive lifting can cause serious back injuries.
Even after a long photo session with my TB's, my back is adamant in it's warning me to quit for the day, it's the weight on the extended arm, increasing leverage ratios to the spine, I can saw, split and load a couple tonne of wood and be affected less.
So, I guess having a room or shed dedicated to them is a far better option, if you cannot have them around the house.

Pete.
Old 25-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Bronze Member

ah, I didn't know the compression would be such an issue, even with a padded base

In that case, it will be a vertical cupboard! Maybe on the end of a bookcase or wardrobe. For me, the vertical storage might turn out easier to fit into the space as well. I would prefer to have her out on display to be honest, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea (too much dust here apart from anything else)
Old 26-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxen View Post
ah, I didn't know the compression would be such an issue, even with a padded base

In that case, it will be a vertical cupboard! Maybe on the end of a bookcase or wardrobe. For me, the vertical storage might turn out easier to fit into the space as well. I would prefer to have her out on display to be honest, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea (too much dust here apart from anything else)
I think if you could ensure the padding was contoured to the doll, that would negate the issue of compression dents, particularly if she is brought out regularly.
With tpe things like staining from materials or oils being drawn out need thought, though regular oiling solves drying out and white linen to prevent stains, the skin may become textured as to the weave of cloth used if laid on to rest over long periods.
Anything is fine during play or for several hours, but overnight or longer can cause some materials and colors to stain.

Pete.
Old 26-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Bronze Member

so really hanging is the best solution.

I'd not thought of the oil in the TPE being drawn out, but I guess if the doll is in contact with linen and the room is quite warm, there is a good chance of it happening. Proper lady, needing to be kept moisturised!
Old 30-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Silver Member

Unfortunately, I come from a straight laced family which just isn't going to understand idollatry. I'm not even going to try. I live in a marrow-minded, extremely determined, "my way or the highway" world, with religious extremism as the fuel. That's just the way things are.

The incident which led me to start this thread still leaves me a bit spooked. The girls and associated clothing are needing a damn good sort-out; what the Germans would call an Appell. I had been planning to do this on my day off, but for various reasons did not get round to starting.

Then the 'phone rang and relatives announced that they'd be dropping by in five minutes time. These people live abroad. I didn't even know that they were in the country.

So, they duly arrived and released their feral teenagers into my house with explore-at-will permissions. However, because the doll hide had not been unlocked, they would not have been able to open it, even if they'd found it.

I think the bottom line is that as part of the drill when opening the hide I take the 'phone off the hook; either that or I tell my family to go to Hell.