Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2023, 07:25 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Looking forward to seeing more of the little elves
Old 09-09-2023, 06:44 PM
Bronze Member

Reinforcements
Part 2

The drow had not appeared. It looked like they would be safe. She never came into the basement from what Evey had witnessed, and the human rarely did. “To the left!” she whispered, now certain that they would not be heard. As they entered a storage room she informed them, “we’ll be safe here.”

Both elves knelt before Evey. “Lady Evey, we came as soon as we heard the call,” said the muscular elf. “You have my sword.”

“And my bow,” chimed in the slimmer elf.

“That’s not necessary, but thank you. Please, rise. Glissa and Aneka, I am very glad to see both of you. It has been too long. There is much work to be done here, but my main concern is Saffee. She has been taken prisoner by the drow’s spider minions. Two of them managed to corner her and she’d been held prisoner for several days in the drow’s room on the upper level. She spends most of her time in that room, as do her minions. I made it in there once without being detected , but my blade was not sharp enough to cut through the spider’s silk. I believe it to be enchanted.”

“My blade will cut through anything!” boasted Glissa.

Evey frowned and shook her head. “I do not doubt your strength or your resolve, but before we go back up there and try to rescue her again we need a better plan than just brute strength.”

“My arrows will keep the spiders at bay, but that only helps. It does not solve our problem. Are there other allies in this abode?” asked Aneka.

Evey shook her head. “No, you two are the first to arrive.”

Aneka nodded in acknowledgement. “There are whispers in the forest that more are on the way. More will come, Evey. You and Saffee are not alone in your fight. Let us brainstorm. We will free Saffee and then decide how to stop the evil that lives here. Has there been any word of assistance coming from Minx Mansion?”

Evey shook her head grimly. “I don’t even know if my message made it out. Ever since I tried to hijack the drow’s signal the communication devices in this house have become heavily guarded. If she tried to offer help I have not heard. She did offer help to the drow originally… I guess we should assume no help is coming and act on our own until it does.”

OOC: Now I'm conscious of the sockets in the background! If Arachne is spying through them then this whole meeting is compromised! lol.
Old 10-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Site Owner

brilliant
Old 10-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Gold Excellence Member

We await the next one with bated breath
Old 10-09-2023, 10:44 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Please don't tell Arachne but I'm kinda rooting for the little ones
Old 10-09-2023, 08:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0013 View Post
“I don’t even know if my message made it out.
Maybe she couldn't read it with her eyes not being as young as they once were.
Its maybe a colour thing.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:57 PM
Banned

Ooh, ooh, you found some Pyske's.... They are so sweet... We wants one.

Humans mix them up with Pixies you know but they're actually quite different. More like little Elves than those shoelace stealing straight eared miscreants.

They're very rare now you know so you are so lucky to have a whole clan there. I've not seen one for soooo long. We think its because the Drow realised that they taste a bit like chicken.... If Nymeria or Archne Brenae ask if they want to have a sleep over you make sure that you politely say no thankyou.

Mr Shamus sends his appologies that he can't comment.... Actually, he said ribbit, ribbit, ribbit but I'm guessing that was an appology?... Why do humans always think that just because we turn them into toads we understand what they're trying to say.
Old 11-09-2023, 04:18 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
Please don't tell Arachne but I'm kinda rooting for the little ones
Out of Character: You know, this is a surprisingly common response. Is it the human need to root for the underdog? Is it because Arachne is actually evil? (And come on, how evil is she really? What's the worst thing she's done? She poisoned me once, but it was only a light paralysis for a few hours and a lot of pain. It could have been worse...) Maybe they're just cute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jock001 View Post
Maybe she couldn't read it with her eyes not being as young as they once were.
Its maybe a colour thing.
OOC: I get what you mean. I've been wondering to myself if I should change her color or not. I went with silver to match her hair color. Maybe I'll change to a dark blue for Evey to match her top. Maybe her eye color? I'll have to double check what that is.

What do you think about grey? This is in grey so you don't have to look back. Personally, I think it's dark enough for good contrast.

The next story piece I'm likely to post here is mostly done and I've used silver still. In case I forget to change it, or if you run into a similar situation elsewhere, one thing you can do is select the text you can't read. That should turn the text white and surround it with blue. Very easy to read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Humans mix them up with Pixies you know but they're actually quite different. More like little Elves than those shoelace stealing straight eared miscreants.

They're very rare now you know so you are so lucky to have a whole clan there. I've not seen one for soooo long. We think its because the Drow realised that they taste a bit like chicken.... If Nymeria or Archne Brenae ask if they want to have a sleep over you make sure that you politely say no thankyou.

Mr Shamus sends his appologies that he can't comment.... Actually, he said ribbit, ribbit, ribbit but I'm guessing that was an appology?... Why do humans always think that just because we turn them into toads we understand what they're trying to say.
Hi River! Phicen/TBLeague rare? Elves can be a little hard to find at times, probably due to popularity. There are clans 100 strong out there! Just turn Shamus back to human, steal his credit cards, then turn him back to a toad while you place some orders! It's just that easy! (Sorry Shamus... )
Old 11-09-2023, 04:23 AM
Active New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

"These little elves taste good? How would you recommend preparing them? Perhaps with a sauce? I do have one all wrapped up for freshness... My wanre isn't much of a cook, but he could try."

Old 11-09-2023, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne Baenre View Post
"These little elves taste good? How would you recommend preparing them? Perhaps with a sauce? I do have one all wrapped up for freshness... My wanre isn't much of a cook, but he could try."
I'm not going to tell you how to make a Pyske Burrito.... oh bugger.... Forget I said that.

I know...

If you eat her how will you trap all of the others that might come and try and save her?

One Burrito isn't going to fill you up. You needs a whole plateful. Best you keeps her all wrapped up as the bait.