UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Diamond Member

Default Janet Street-Porter deserves a medal

In the face of less than complimentary press concerning the Channel 4 documentary Janet Street-Porter is a heroine in the Independent
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a8087076.html

What was really interesting is that the chatbot intelligence of Matt McMullen's team's work is really more successful than others on account of having focus. After watching http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-build-a-robot a range of much more rational commentaries on http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...ots-are-coming are possible than we've seen to date in the mainstream hack reviews and their sheeple kneejerking with perdictably agast and shallow comments.

Comments on http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/1...g-world-adult/ reflected the superior intelligence of readers other than the femail oriented press whilst Janet Street-Porter deserves a higher order of degree for her understanding of humanity, of feminism and of men than the noisy doctor at a jumped up Polytechnic behind http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/1...st-sex-robots/ . Janet Street-Porter's University most certainly provided her a superior education.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from The Doll House
- - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Diamond Member

Default The New Statesman up the spout

Certainly a piece of reporting that deserves a cow pat rather than a peck on the cheek questions the wisdom of having commissioned the documentary
Quote:
Shame, then, on the person – a man, surely?
https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...-and-voyeurism

Who wrote it? A woman, surely? Yes indeed.

Nothing Statesmanlike about that piece of drivel. Indeed, if sexual harrassment is as rife amongst our Statesmen in Parliament is as prevalent as we're led to believe, then some complimentary sexy dolls and sex robots should be prescribed to our leaders on the house, as part of their job. Nothing less should be expected to help to keep the sanity of our politicians working away from home, away from their wives as their wives aren't allowed to work for them in Parliament any more, and late at night. Sexdolls and the robots to come are capable of having an important role in this world.

And if they're internet connected, Big Brother, MI6 and Putin's puppets will be able to spy on them in their most intimate of surroundings just to make sure they're doing their job properly at all times.

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Inflatables are a good introduction to dolls - discounts to UK members - please PM me if interested.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...-and-voyeurism

Who wrote it? A woman, surely? Yes indeed.
Not just a woman. Somebody who feels that their own extreme negative reactions, likely resulting from absence of a sex drive (the effects of that absence magnified by religious indoctrination) are worth writing about publicly. All these 'reactions' are just junk journalism (followed by semi-literate plonkers posting anonymously on forums). All best ignored.

It is possible to write a rational critique of a documentary, but that is not how it is done. And a rational critique does not read like that (telling the reader what emotions he or she should feel).

You want to hear about human-like robots? We have one of the best education systems in the world, yet most people come out of it as just robots in human form, unable to think for themselves. Like the replicants in Blade Runner, they masquerade as fully human by conforming uncritically to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited by Everhard; 02-12-2017 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Diamond Member

Whilst being less understanding at least Barbara Ellen in the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...l-intelligence recognises that sex robots would free virtuous women of the attentions of unworthy men.

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Old 03-12-2017, 03:39 PM

A very contentious subject, I think there will always be for and against.

But then it's always been an interesting subject for both parties and will continue to be so for a very long time yet.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Diamond Member

Actually I don't think many women really understand the real tortures of being male. After the biological clock for women ticks past child bearing age, sexual activity is more of a luxury, an option, rather than a necessity. For such women the male biological urge and the ingrained involuntary tendency towards the hunt is wholly incomprehensible as is that involuntary waking up at an unsocial hour in the night painfully rock hard without being able to do anything about it.

Males don't go around talking of such things but I'm sure that such tortures aren't unfamiliar to all who have found a sexdoll in any sexual capacity rather a palliative.

Best wishes

Harem

- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
Old 03-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
Actually I don't think many women really understand the real tortures of being male. After the biological clock for women ticks past child bearing age, sexual activity is more of a luxury, an option, rather than a necessity.
Best wishes

Harem
Interesting point, I think you're onto something there, which is where the doll steps into the void rather nicely. To be honest I can't see the perception of this as a 'good thing' changing much though, as Rentell said, it's a very contentious subject... and probably will remain so.

Last edited by slider; 03-12-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Coincidentally, Janet Street Porter was on BBC radio last night in a talking heads program about marriage. She was one of two (I think) contributors who used her own experience in a measured way -- that is without assuming everybody's experience is the same -- combined with statistical evidence. In contrast, the typical contributor says, "I think [some mad idea for which there is no evidence]..."

So, I don't know about a medal, but she should be given a more appropriate job than hauling sacks of potatoes and whatever in the predawn cold of street markets in London.

Regards
Everhard Office-Teaboy

Last edited by Everhard; 04-12-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added signature...
Old 04-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Bronze Member

i watched the sex robot docu and it was very interesting. I wish some women would get over themselves.
Over half of them probably don't realise that dildos and phallic toys have been around for thousands of years, not indigenous to, but certainly around for a long time in the likes of Japan.
I am not what i would consider the ugliest monster on Earth, but i have learnt through loneliness, that should i be lucky enough to ever have another relationship, having a doll has made me feel more attentive, loving, giving etc.
No way in the world have i ever wanted to, before or after a doll, wanted to grope, rape or demean a woman (ok, maybe in my mind, a wee grope).
If one is inclined to be abusive, be it with a doll or a person, they are mentally unstable in the 1st place, sod all to do with owning the doll.
Don't even know if what i said is valid in this thread really, but hey ho
Old 08-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for posting the links, Harem.
I've been offline for over a week, and have yet to catch up with the C4 programme (assuming the recorder has worked!), so interesting to see these reviews. Yes, JSP seems to be much calmer and understanding than the 'typical' reviewer.
I get the impression that most reviewers are probably in relationships or whatever, so they can afford to feel smug about others who may, for whatever reason, not be in that situation. I feel that this conversation has a long way to run.