UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Bronze Member

Default Spare Parts

There may already be a thread about this but I couldn't find it sorry .

Where does everyone get there spare parts for they're girls such as eyes, lips, fabric and nails etc.

The only place I can think of obtaining them is from the manufacture, Eighth Wonder, LLC. I have emailed them before about spare parts but they never got back to me.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

I think there may be somewhere you can purchase spare lips, but I don't know if its still current. The website is Plush love doll. Com, in Canada the guy Midiman used to run The Teddy Babe Store. He also used to sell inserts for Teddy Babes.

I have e-mailed Eighth Wonder about spare parts before and they did do them at one time, they do get busy though at times, so maybe it's worth e-mailing them again.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

You can always contact Karrot, he's a maestro on adapting and repairs so he'll be able to point you in the right direction and then theirs Cuddly, totally rebuilt his little lady.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

Sounds like there's a business opportunity available for a parts supplier!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:47 PM

I have ordered eyes and earrings from 8 wonders.

about 4 weeks ago.
so now is my TB perfect for me.
I didnt like the original Tina.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverboy View Post
I think there may be somewhere you can purchase spare lips, but I don't know if its still current. The website is Plush love doll. Com, in Canada the guy Midiman used to run The Teddy Babe Store. He also used to sell inserts for Teddy Babes.

I have e-mailed Eighth Wonder about spare parts before and they did do them at one time, they do get busy though at times, so maybe it's worth e-mailing them again.
I had a google, doesn't look like he's still in business (unless he's gone into music) but thanks for letting me know about eighth wonder, I'll try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfie View Post
You can always contact Karrot, he's a maestro on adapting and repairs so he'll be able to point you in the right direction and then theirs Cuddly, totally rebuilt his little lady.
Ah yes good shout I probably will at some point again, Karrot and Cuddly have already gave some great advice in regards to another problem I've had. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titjob View Post
I have ordered eyes and earrings from 8 wonders.

about 4 weeks ago.
so now is my TB perfect for me.
I didnt like the original Tina.
That's great to hear about your TB, sounds like eighth wonder is a good place to go, I'll just have to email them again. I basically need new lips already... storage accident.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Nails can be purchased anywhere, just buy the normal acrylic fashion nails available in all good supermarkets and fashion shops.

Lips, I'd recommend ditching the latex lips once they start to degrade and turn mushy. I developed a way to apply silicone lips to teddy babes here.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=8587

18 months later they are still good as new and so much more kissable than the standard lips!

Eyes would have to be a custom job, as I believe 8W have either fallen off the planet or have just stopped caring about their customers. Many are now saying they dont respond to Emails. TB eyes are just printed, and Revol has been successful in printing Eyes, notably taking a photo of Cindy's eyes and making some for Tilly.

Fabric, No chance. The only place I've ever seen the same plush is on 1000M rolls from China. Never seen it for sale in consumer sized packs.

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Diamond Member

Default Fabric

Look in Craft shops - they sell A4 sized plush fabric (felt) sheets in all sorts of colours.
In my case it's Hobbycraft in Solihull - might be a branch near you. www.hobbycraft.co.uk for online.

I do my ladies eyelids in their skin shade. TB skin shades do differ slightly. There is a "flesh" shade which is a bit too cream for mine and a "cream" shade that is just right. You could probably buy a larger size from them.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:06 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Eyes would have to be a custom job[...]
... that I can do. Let me explain:

What you need to do:
Take a picture of your TB's face (both eyes, actually), as straight frontal as ever possible, and the best quality of picture in the highest resolution at that. No shadows, bright spots or whatever you don't want to appear on the new eyes. I will use it to reproduce the original eyes.
Measure the length of one eye. Just the longest possible measurement of the laminate. In Millimeters!!
Send me a PM to receive my email address. Then email the measurement and the picture.

What I will do:
Straighten out and resize the eye picture to fit the measurement.
Print the new eyes, using either a Kyocera P6026 or Sharp MX-2614 colour laser printer, onto printable waterproof fabric sheets (like paper, just waterproof).
Laminate them, cut them out.
Put them into an envelope and send them off to you.
Please be aware that, since three different devices are involved (your camera, my screen and my printer), colours may differ a tad!

Your part again:
Use some q-tips and acetone (remember, in a well ventilated area only!) to dissolve the original super glue under the eyes and gently pull them off. My experience was that soaking the fabric with acetone did absolutely no harm! Let the acetone dry thoroughly. Remaining old glue was even a help in our case, gave a good surface for the new glue!
Stick the new ones on with a bit of super glue. Maybe pre-shaping (bending) the eyes with the heat of a hairdryer makes that easier.
It may sound really scary, but using a few pins just around the edges of the laminate is the easy way to keep the eyes in place until the glue is all set. Do not pierce the laminate, let the pin head hold it in place!

Yet another disclaimer: I do not offer this as a company. No returns, exchanges etc. Still I may have to ask you to cover the shipping fees, especially if outside of Germany, and roughly one Euro for the rather expensive printable fabric and (way less expensive) laminate plastic.

After a number of full soaks (Lian gets one every three months) the top layer of laminate came off in the corners. A drop of super glue quickly and permanently solved that.

If you have the resources, just do it yourself, because now you know how

CU cuddly and Lian
Old 05-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Nails can be purchased anywhere, just buy the normal acrylic fashion nails available in all good supermarkets and fashion shops.

Lips, I'd recommend ditching the latex lips once they start to degrade and turn mushy. I developed a way to apply silicone lips to teddy babes here.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=8587

18 months later they are still good as new and so much more kissable than the standard lips!

Eyes would have to be a custom job, as I believe 8W have either fallen off the planet or have just stopped caring about their customers. Many are now saying they dont respond to Emails. TB eyes are just printed, and Revol has been successful in printing Eyes, notably taking a photo of Cindy's eyes and making some for Tilly.

Fabric, No chance. The only place I've ever seen the same plush is on 1000M rolls from China. Never seen it for sale in consumer sized packs.

K
Brilliant! Thank you very much for your helpful advice and the thread. I hope 8W is doing alright business wise, I notice Love Honey reduced their TB collection since I got Lisa.

I wonder why the fabric is so hard to get, it's almost like it's top secret stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kats012 View Post
Look in Craft shops - they sell A4 sized plush fabric (felt) sheets in all sorts of colours.
In my case it's Hobbycraft in Solihull - might be a branch near you. www.hobbycraft.co.uk for online.

I do my ladies eyelids in their skin shade. TB skin shades do differ slightly. There is a "flesh" shade which is a bit too cream for mine and a "cream" shade that is just right. You could probably buy a larger size from them.
Ah an interesting and somewhat obvious place to get materiel, never thought about hobby craft. Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddly View Post
... that I can do. Let me explain:

What you need to do:
Take a picture of your TB's face (both eyes, actually), as straight frontal as ever possible, and the best quality of picture in the highest resolution at that. No shadows, bright spots or whatever you don't want to appear on the new eyes. I will use it to reproduce the original eyes.
Measure the length of one eye. Just the longest possible measurement of the laminate. In Millimeters!!
Send me a PM to receive my email address. Then email the measurement and the picture.

What I will do:
Straighten out and resize the eye picture to fit the measurement.
Print the new eyes, using either a Kyocera P6026 or Sharp MX-2614 colour laser printer, onto printable waterproof fabric sheets (like paper, just waterproof).
Laminate them, cut them out.
Put them into an envelope and send them off to you.
Please be aware that, since three different devices are involved (your camera, my screen and my printer), colours may differ a tad!

Your part again:
Use some q-tips and acetone (remember, in a well ventilated area only!) to dissolve the original super glue under the eyes and gently pull them off. My experience was that soaking the fabric with acetone did absolutely no harm! Let the acetone dry thoroughly. Remaining old glue was even a help in our case, gave a good surface for the new glue!
Stick the new ones on with a bit of super glue. Maybe pre-shaping (bending) the eyes with the heat of a hairdryer makes that easier.
It may sound really scary, but using a few pins just around the edges of the laminate is the easy way to keep the eyes in place until the glue is all set. Do not pierce the laminate, let the pin head hold it in place!

Yet another disclaimer: I do not offer this as a company. No returns, exchanges etc. Still I may have to ask you to cover the shipping fees, especially if outside of Germany, and roughly one Euro for the rather expensive printable fabric and (way less expensive) laminate plastic.

After a number of full soaks (Lian gets one every three months) the top layer of laminate came off in the corners. A drop of super glue quickly and permanently solved that.

If you have the resources, just do it yourself, because now you know how

CU cuddly and Lian
Amazing! Simply amazing. When I get a decent camera I'll be sure to take pictures so I can back up Lisa's eye's, that way if anything bad happens I know what to do and who to go to. Thanks Cuddly that's awesome.

This thread is full of great and hopeful advice, thanks everyone!