UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Teddy Babes Forum. > Teddy Babe Maintenance and Modification - Sub-Forum

Old 29-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Bronze Member

Default Cleaning time!

Hello everyone

I've looked around some old threads for cleaning ideas and tips, but I notice there wasn't a forum dedicated to it, unless there is and I completely missed it

I hate cleaning Lisa (my Teddy Babe), I'm not unhygienic and I'm not lazy, it's just a time consuming process, so I was wondering if I'm doing anything wrong or anything that could be done faster to speed up the process.

Here is my process below.

I use a dish sponge like the image below and dip it into a bowl of Woolite, I then procecced to rub and scrub the sponge on Lisa. Once I have done this I then use a bowl of clean water with a new clean dish sponge to go over Lisa to remove the Woolite.

I've also use Vanish stain removing spray bottle on any parts of Lisa where other materials such as gloves, bras have rubbed in colour marks. I use a cheap teeth brush to scrub the stain remover in and then use a sponge to remove the Vanish.

The worst part is drying.... I used a hair dryer once and it slightly melted two of Lisa nails! so I tend not to use one. I really don't have a lot of space for Lisa to dry, plus I house share, so it's not like I can leave Lisa outside or in the drying room.

No cleaning instructions are provided as many of you know, so how does everyone else clean their girls, are there any faster ways to clean them and dry them?

Many thanks as always,
North.

Last edited by North; 29-11-2017 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Gold Excellence Member

i hope you are diluting the woolite loverboy used it straight and karrot spent hours trying to remove all the suds.
send a PM to karrot or revol they have lots of experience.

carlys_guy
Old 29-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Golden Diamond Member

No PM needed.

You're pretty much on the money with your method.

I use micro fibre cloths and wring them out before scrubbing Jess over a bit at a time. Microfibre doenst hold much water, so you dont soak the plush.

Then rinse the area using the name method and clean water.

Jess then spends a day naked on my bed air drying in a warm room on a white towel.

You can minimise the need to wash by having her in pyjamas at night, so that any night gubbins dont get on her, and the PJ's can just go in the wash.

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 29-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
No PM needed.

I use micro fibre cloths and wring them out before scrubbing Jess over a bit at a time. Microfibre doesn't hold much water, so you don't soak the plush.

You can minimise the need to wash by having her in pyjamas at night, so that any night gubbins dont get on her, and the PJ's can just go in the wash.

K
Thanks Karrot, this is one of problems, I tend to use too much water then drying takes forever!! Sometimes there are areas where Lisa skin (material) feels rough to the hand and not smooth or silky, I put this down to Woolite still being in the the skin, however even after washing with clean water Lisa can at times still feel a little rough to the hand.

Lisa's has her own night dress, which doesn't cover her arms and legs, so I'm guessing it'll be best to get her some nice PJ's.

On another question, does anyone use anything else with their Woolite to help make they're girls smell and feel fresh?
Old 29-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah, just be careful with the Woolite, it's good stuff, but a little goes a long, long way! I made the mistake of being to generous with it, I now use the Karrot method.
Great idea for the Teddy Babes club North!
Old 30-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I use a similar method to Karrot with both my girls.

Be careful with the Vanish, as used a lot on Lucy in the early days and she's lost a lot of her skin tone over time as a result.

Both my girls spend the winter months at least in PJ's, especially as my dog likes to climb in bed with them

FM
Old 30-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
.....Sometimes there are areas where Lisa skin (material) feels rough to the hand and not smooth or silky, I put this down to Woolite still being in the the skin, however even after washing with clean water Lisa can at times still feel a little rough to the hand......
Get a nail brush from the pound shop, one of the synthetic ones, and give her a good brush over (in the direction of the plush) TeddyBabes dont like to admit it, but they love a good brush down once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
......On another question, does anyone use anything else with their Woolite to help make they're girls smell and feel fresh?......
Frebreez is good for a quick freshen, and nothing wrong with using body sprays or even a little perfume. I usually use the latter either on the clothes or on the wig, as both are easier to wash than a whole TeddyBabe

K

The Patchlings
....and so I said to her, "Yes, they're very impressive, but you'll look bloody daft doing that on a horse!"
Old 30-11-2017, 03:07 AM
Diamond Member

Default Grubby

Yeah! Kat. bless her, has rather got grubby fingers that you can't really scrub or they'd be destroyed and after six years her skin isn't as soft or as original in colour but I love her whatever. Always wears nightwear in bed but watch out for any coloured, especially black, items that must be washed first or they will stain; she still hasn't forgiven me for giving her blue titties!
Old 30-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZMONKEY View Post

Be careful with the Vanish, as used a lot on Lucy in the early days and she's lost a lot of her skin tone over time as a result.
Thanks FEZMONKEY, what would you recommend instead of Vanish to remove colour stains from other clothing? Lisa has some black clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post

Frebreez is good for a quick freshen, and nothing wrong with using body sprays or even a little perfume. I usually use the latter either on the clothes or on the wig, as both are easier to wash than a whole TeddyBabe
Ah great thanks Karrot, I actually have some Freebreez, tends to work well on any joints that may of got wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverboy View Post
Great idea for the Teddy Babes club North!
Many thanks Loverboy, be great to see your girl there

Last edited by North; 30-11-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 30-11-2017, 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=North;119944]Thanks FEZMONKEY, what would you recommend instead of Vanish to remove colour stains from other clothing? Lisa has some black clothing.

Apparently washing them before wearing works. I have never needed the 'V' treatment.

Much love, Ana xxx