UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)

Old 20-11-2020, 05:59 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Default Wig Sizings

I bought a wig from Amazon for me, lovely light pink, but even at it's smallest setting on the clips, it still slides off. I tried to attach the two clips together to make the band smaller, but then it pushes the wig cap inside and has weird lumpy bits visible on the top.

I was wondering if kids wigs would fit better? But then can't really see any nice ones from my quick trawl through the internet. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Kacey ♥
Old 20-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

If any of my wigs are destined for one girl only, I stitch the straps together at a suitable length.

- - -
Old 20-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Part of the Furniture

What Algae says, or get a stretchy head band, pin it inside the wig at the front and sides and let that hold it to her head

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 20-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Banned

There are some girls here who suffer the same as you with wigs. The only place that I found for infant wigs was Ebay and only available imported from the far east.

Whilst available in different lengths I could only ever find them in black which of course makes sense considering their intended market.

They're not cheap wigs and you have to go through page after page after page of halloween type rubbish before findng decent child wigs but they are there.

The supplier that I bought from disappeared unfortunately but if I find anything similar I'll post it here.

Shamus.
Old 20-11-2020, 06:31 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Awh. Thanks for the suggestions. I mean they do fit to a degree, just when I get moved it sometimes falls off, then I become temporarily bald! But I do have hair ties and a cute hair band as well, so will just see what we can do with the bits we have.

Kacey ♥
Old 20-11-2020, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDW1982 View Post
Awh. Thanks for the suggestions. I mean they do fit to a degree, just when I get moved it sometimes falls off, then I become temporarily bald! But I do have hair ties and a cute hair band as well, so will just see what we can do with the bits we have.

Kacey ♥
Could be worse. with the fast change head connectors the whole head pops off... That can really, really spoil more intimate moments!

Old 20-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I use tdh for wigs, They are only 10quid each so i dont mind when sleepy head gets them tangled up so quickly.

https://www.the-doll-house.com/Acces...ls/JinSan-Wigs
Old 20-11-2020, 09:02 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I've found most of the cheaper wigs are described as for an 'average' head size.
That is fine for my Teddybabe , but not so fine for my Irontech 163 Ella head. My textile dolls head is also pretty small. The main bugbear I have with the too large wigs is the way they cover over the ears. If you are handy with a sewing needle there are tutorials on youtube for reducing the cap size, but I haven't tried it yet.

The seller on ebay I bought my first load of wigs from the caps were definitely smaller though than the ones I've had from Wiwigs, though both were an 'average' cap size, so there is variation. Unfortunately she no longer lists wigs.

I've more recently bought a Petite and 2 Mini Petite Natural Image wigs and one from Dimples (Petite). Natural Image do Large, Average, Petite and Mini (aka Ultra) Petite cap sizes. Dimples much the same. Natural Image have a head/wig sizing guide here: https://www.naturalimagewigs.co.uk/Cap-Sizes/

At first I thought the Ultra Petite was the best fit of these, but now I think Petite is the best compromise for my Irontech 163 Ella head.

If you do a search for 'petite wig' on ebay you can be lucky and pick up the odd bargain petite sized wig, or Ultra Petite, if that is more suitable for you dolls head.
Old 21-11-2020, 06:41 AM
Diamond Member

Emma has 5 extra wigs and they are all a little oversized to varying degrees. Her head measures 21 if i remember correctly and small wig caps start about 22. Most wigs are designed to fit a range of head sizes. You can search on ebay for wigs with small caps but there aren't many. Its either buy from doll sites or modify them which is whats on my to do list.
Old 23-11-2020, 11:18 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Thanks for the pointers. I shall look into these.

I love Kaceys pink wig, but it's too big even on the smallest setting. Chloe is wearing a wig which I got from Lucid with the head. Which does fit her nice, just a bit thin, although I do like the nude cap base, rather then having to put a wig cap on.