UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)

Old 17-05-2020, 02:47 PM

Default Questions about clothing

I have been browsing round a few clothing websites while waiting for my lady to arrive and building Idea/wish lists.

Now I've read quite a bit about colours and staining and such (and things like soaking with white vinegar) which has led to a few ponderings over ways to minimise/remove that worry and am wondering if anyone here can answer a couple questions.

Would wearing a plain (white or skin coloured) body stocking underneath regular clothing eliminate staining? something similar to This or This. These may not be the best examples and the first being designed for shaping may be too tight for longer term wear, I also realise this kinda removes the point of some clothing (like sexy lace items) but for everyday wear (tops, trousers, dresses, skirts etc.) would colour still leech through them? how thin/see through could they be?
Same thing stockings can a lower denier stocking prevent/minimise the risk of staining from say a dress/skirt?

Obviously this next question depends on quality of clothing and dyes used but how long does it take wearing something before a stain begins to appear? is it minutes, hours...? Are there any particular materials that release colour more than others?

How hard is it to remove a stain once there?

I'm also curious about corsets, I found a corset I quite like (very piratey/steampunk) on Amazon and was just wondering if that type of clothing might be too tight or pose a risk of damaging/disfiguring the TPE as again it's supposed to be a "shaping" item of clothing with steel ribbing.

Thanks
Old 17-05-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Yes.

Oh, you want more than that. lol.

rather than the body stockings such as the ones that you have identified that may be visible through tight fitting clothes try body tights.

This is an example of what I am alking about not a recomendation:
Yes.

Oh, you want more than that. lol.

rather than the body stockings such as the ones that you have identified that may be visible through tight fitting clothes try body tights.

This is an example of what I am alking about not a recomendation:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Full-Body...mxg78g_wMIx2bA

Don't forget that if you are going to use dark wigs its also advisable to have these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2PCS-...sAAOSwp1lc4mSg

Again, not a recomendation of seller, just the first that I saw that is what I am trying to show.

The corsets seldom look like they do on Amazon / Ebay. They are generally a soft leatherette material. That said, we've got some here.

When dressing my girls the clothes that don't come from Primark generally come from China via Ebay. Some of them are really good quality. Others go straight from the packaging to the bin but then I pay so little for them that a 10% hit on sub standard quality isn't the end of the earth when so many of their clothes exceed expectations for the price.

My searches for the girls tend to be :

Renaissance, Medieval, Elvish Armour, chainmail, Steam Punk, Goth, Cosplay and such which comes back with some really interesting and unexpected results which lead down some great little rabbit holes.

One thing that I have found though with most Ebay searches for Elvish clothing... You are never more than 8 clicks away from ball gags and fox tail butt plugs
Old 17-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Site Owner

Most often dark clothing stains, the length of time is dependent on the doll, some clothes a few of my dolls have worn for days put them on a different doll and she stained in hours, one doll my Light Tan YL155D and a natural JY148 both stain in minutes of putting dark clothes on.

I do tights and body stocking these days, cheap ones from ebay and if necessary cut them down so you don't see them. They are a lot less hassle and effort than spending hours moving stains when you have turned a doll black, that said these things still happen to the best of us and stain remover works well.

Tommo
Old 17-05-2020, 04:11 PM

Thanks guys.

Those stockings are more like what I was thinking Shamus but I couldn't find any when I was doing a quick search on amazon it was all lacey stuff.
Old 17-05-2020, 09:27 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Good advice given in the above two posts. There are many clothing outlets depending on requirements. I have found this one to be worth looking at.
https://www.everything5pounds.com/
Old 17-05-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongo View Post
Good advice given in the above two posts. There are many clothing outlets depending on requirements. I have found this one to be worth looking at.
https://www.everything5pounds.com/
Had a quick look, some nice pieces on there, I'd be a little concerned about quality though at the price.

still trying to find This particular underwear combo though, found a few that kinda almost match but not close enough so far.
Old 18-05-2020, 08:56 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
... You are never more than 8 clicks away from ball gags and fox tail butt plugs
You say this like its a bad thing?

All of the Above Bel, and invest in a few packs of the basic tights from Tesco/Asda/Sainsblogs etc. And get med/large unless your girl is tiny.

the Med/Large sides goes on easier, and once on makes getting jeans and other tight trousers on much much easier!

Also so cheap that cutting them up for arm/hand coverings when needed or making wig caps, or anything else its a non issue.

In summer Xiaoli often wears tights in bed with knickers over the top so it looks like she in in just Tshirt and Knickers, but in reality her legs and feet are protected from the covers and my hairy self

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 18-05-2020, 09:41 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
You say this like its a bad thing?

All of the Above Bel, and invest in a few packs of the basic tights from Tesco/Asda/Sainsblogs etc. And get med/large unless your girl is tiny.

In summer Xiaoli often wears tights in bed with knickers over the top so it looks like she in in just Tshirt and Knickers, but in reality her legs and feet are protected from the covers and my hairy self

K
I had a lovely image in my head for a second but you ruined it when you mentioned your hairy self lol
Old 18-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
...I had a lovely image in my head for a second but...
Ditto...

Hairy Karrots are not a pretty sight...

- - -
Old 18-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Part of the Furniture

Aye!

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet