UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)

Old 10-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Default Advice needed on shipping info for customs in UK

Hello Folks,

I just need a little advice on my recent purchase of a real doll 2 in the states preowned.

a) Would it be okay for the seller to put down the value of the contents as say $500 so I won't be hit with a large customs duty charge?

b) The contents labels should read "full body mannequin" ? Is that all it needs to say? What about if there are some items of clothing, shoes etc in the crate...

c) Should the seller include that the item is second hand so as customs will not charge full duty on it?

d) Anything else that I or the seller should be aware of or anything above that should not be done or is incorrect?

Prompt advice on this would be much appreciated as she may be leaving the states tomorrow (wednesday 11th june)

Many Thanks Folks!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Part of the Furniture

I've heard that if customs feel you are purposefully trying to evade tax by stating a low value they can seize and destroy. Better to be honest in your dealings with the officials.

Pre owned Mannequin and accessories should be a sufficient description, however the Dock Filth may not care an will value accordingly

Karrot

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 10-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Pre owned Mannequin
"used"?

"Modern Art Sculpture"?
commodity code 9703000000
https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/headings/9703
Quote:
Original sculptures and statuary, in any material
As a piece of modern art, modern materials would include silicone rubber and the value is whatever anyone considers art should be. . .

Probably a good idea to remove the head, pack securely between the legs and wrap so that it can't come loose. But as statuary, perhaps the head should be on. . .

DS have an inspection window which you'll see on their crates
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery...php?album=5476
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery...php?album=5352
http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gall...um=1124&page=2
http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gall...um=1124&page=3

So that presumably customs can put a hand inside and feel about to check what's there or insert an inspection camera.

The other great thing is that this lady comes with her original crate which is excellent for moving or for subsequent passing on to someone else - but that will be a long time in the future!

Best wishes

Harem
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews

Last edited by Haremlover; 10-06-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Golden Diamond Member

It certainly couldnt do any harm putting second hand as its true. As for the value as Karrot says the gamble is up to you. Please ask the seller to put fragile & this way up stickers on the crate if theyre not already on it. Good luck.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the great info guys, I have relayed them to the seller. Anything else you can think of let me know
Old 10-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1984 View Post
I just need a little advice on my recent purchase of a real doll 2 in the states preowned.
Congratulations on finding yourself a new companion david.

I asked a similar question about Customs etc. a few weeks ago. Received some useful info, but nothing really definitive. If you haven't already read it, then this thread contains a pretty good summary of what happens.

Quote:
b) The contents labels should read "full body mannequin" ? Is that all it needs to say?...
Harem has some good ideas about contents labels and HMRC Commodity Codes. You might also try contacting forum member RealDoll UK and ask them how they describe the dolls they import into the UK.

Quote:
c) Should the seller include that the item is second hand so as customs will not charge full duty on it?
I'm sure it won't hurt, but HMRC say that they treat used/second hand goods the same as new ones: import duty and VAT is levied on value+shipping+insurance.

Good luck. Please tell us how you get on.

Last edited by Halfstep; 10-06-2014 at 10:20 PM. Reason: fingers typing faster than brain thinking
Old 10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Golden Diamond Member

;-) An art sculpture is much more of arguable value - a sale not from the maker can be very very much less than a "new" price from an art gallery, until such time as the artist becomes very fashionable.

So in this case I'd go for art sculpture rather than be distracted by a mannequin description, which is something of more of a commercial use and value.

Were there not to be a full body, doll parts have another low impact category.

You only have to look at the photos of that lady to see that she's a modern art sculpture . . .

Best wishes

Harem
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews
Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haremlover View Post
;-) An art sculpture is much more of arguable value - a sale not from the maker can be very very much less than a "new" price from an art gallery, until such time as the artist becomes very fashionable.

So in this case I'd go for art sculpture rather than be distracted by a mannequin description, which is something of more of a commercial use and value.

Were there not to be a full body, doll parts have another low impact category.

You only have to look at the photos of that lady to see that she's a modern art sculpture . . .

Best wishes

Harem
Whilst I see your point I'd be very sceptical about HMRC inspectors looking at what is obviously a sex doll (in its basest term) as an artistic sculpture. The category is very likely to meant a 3D piece of Art. i.e. you look at it and its has no function other than to be looked at.

Again HMRC will likely take a dim view of any item imported with misleading paperwork.

Karrot

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I would never underestimate the Revenue man and I wouldn't be surprised if there was one as a Member. If you try and take the michael and get caught out you'll most likely pay for it harshly and once they start looking at you, you're stuffed. They'll know it's a sexdoll if they open the case and examine it and if you've been too economical with the truth they won't turn a blind eye.
I imported a bike from the USA a while back and the boxer left cardboard panels in the side of the crate for them to look in and the panels were holed on delivery. They do check.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Legendary Member

Be devaluing or under-declaring your shipped purchase, in an attempt to avoid taxes, you run exactly the same risk as you would by deliberately trying to smuggle something through the 'wrong' channel.

Another matter to consider is that you run the risk of being unable to claim in the event of any damage caused during transit/examination/delivery.
If your $3000 doll is declared and insured at $500, you are going to be badly out of pocket should the worst occur.

Something else to think about; asking a seller to knowingly, falsely, under-declare an item, particularly one coming from the States, could fall foul of conspiracy laws for both parties, if discovered.

Your choice.

CT