UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Default Barbie doll head replacement.

My three little ladies were recently introduced to you with normal bodies so when I saw fully articulated dolls at a car boot sale I had to find out if I could put their heads on new bodies.

I have no idea if there is a better way to do this, this is a bit of a redneck procedure but it works enough for us.

Basically, there are two lugs to stop kids pulling the heads off, I don't know of any way of retracting the lugs so it's more a case of careful but forceful.

Here we have a lovely lady who has volunteered to demonstrate.

In the next pic she doesn't describe it very well but there is a seam that runs down the sides of the neck and body, if you aren't careful this can open or break while removing the head.

By holding the front and back of the neck in a firm grip you hold the seam together and prevent it opening up and keeps the head attachment in place so it pulls out of the head and not the body.

With a good grip on the neck and holding the head firmly below the ears you pull at the head while twisting it from side to side, this makes it easier to remove. It does take quite a bit of effort so don't be shy but be careful if you see the seam begin to open at the top.

As you can see in the next pic, there are two lugs sticking out of the side. These actually serve no purpose to the workings of the head and are simply to stop errant kids ripping the heads of little sisters barbie. Below the lugs is a round collar, this is what provides a snug fit for the head.

Sometimes one of the lugs will break off, I found this quite disconcerting at first before I realized that they weren't necessary for our purposes.

The head pushes back on by pushing down and side to side until the collar disappears into the head.

Hope this helps anyone wishing to do the same procedure.
Old 26-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member

Great tutorial revoL. Now we know what's inside a Barbie's head.
Old 26-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Thoughtful and helpful as ever, mate. Much obliged.