UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Not particularly...

This is my setup.

This is with the room lights and blinds open. If you were to post process this image, you could still isolate the chair and blacken the black with brightness and contrast.

Main light off, blinds closed, key light moved in closer, low exposure compensation, brightness and contrast tweaked post processing.

Any missing black around the edges can easily be added in post processing... as it's... only black.

By using the foil covered umbrella in the set, and shortening the shaft position you can focus the light rather like a parabolic mirror.

This very harsh light allows you to kick down the exposure compensation which effectively eliminates any scatter from unwanted sources.
Thanks AH that is great, I don't alway see these things properly until I get home and on my PC, then I spend ages re-reading everything to see the bits I missed. The photos and diagram help a lot I pretty much can do that and my recent lack of posting any photos is all to do with the fact I haven't taken any, all I have been doing is playing with photo editing software, let's say I have made a little bit of progress. and I think this is 2000 posts, so I will shut up for the rest of the day

Tommo
ELOISE Ex-lite ~LINDA OR156E #55~VERA IronTech 155~TANYA IronTech 168~KIM IronTech 160~MEREDITH SM148~ROXY JY148 74 head~TIFF JY165D 80
ELORA WM158D#172~GINGER WM157B#162~VICTORIA WM166C#273~AMBER WM155DD#56~DEBBIE WM168E#70~KATY WM170H#149~ JULIE WM140#57
GEMMA YL170D#188~LEXY YL155D#84~ELLA YL157H#286~EMMA YL148D Classic#122~LISA RED TBD
Old 09-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Thanks AH that is great, I don't alway see these things properly until I get home and on my PC, then I spend ages re-reading everything to see the bits I missed. The photos and diagram help a lot I pretty much can do that and my recent lack of posting any photos is all to do with the fact I haven't taken any, all I have been doing is playing with photo editing software, let's say I have made a little bit of progress. and I think this is 2000 posts, so I will shut up for the rest of the day

Tommo
No worries sir, enjoy your Platinum Ring!
Old 09-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post

Main light off, blinds closed, key light moved in closer, low exposure compensation, brightness and contrast tweaked post processing.
[/center]

Any missing black around the edges can easily be added in post processing... as it's... only black.

By using the foil covered umbrella in the set, and shortening the shaft position you can focus the light rather like a parabolic mirror.

This very harsh light allows you to kick down the exposure compensation which effectively eliminates any scatter from unwanted sources.
This looks good, it seems an actual black background is a common theme for everyone with these kind of shots that could be done quite easily and cheap! I'll have to go and get a large black bed sheet this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
Here are a couple I did this evening for your thread...

Paige -

Thanks revo, to use your words as I think it fits when I say this is a lovely picture. Great lighting and a nice pose!

Looking at them again I think the pose in my second attempt is why I didnt like the outcome as much as the first ones
Old 09-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Sometimes all it takes is a second look to see what isn't working for you in a photo
Old 09-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Bronze Member

Sitting in a black chair, all the lights, computers, TV off, and a 2 second exposure just lit by the candle.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Great photo Ranger.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

That's nice exposure, candlelight can be great, can't it?
Old 02-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger42 View Post
Sitting in a black chair, all the lights, computers, TV off, and a 2 second exposure just lit by the candle.
Nice picture Ranger, feels like there is some romance in the air here