UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum

Old 09-03-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
Not so impress myself, I have got 4 dolls with them type connectors and the ball bearing pushing down a thread is pretty much a mad idea, the head fell off one doll last week when her head was push forwards. The magnetic ones are the best but I don't really want to buy 10 of them it will be £700.

Tommo
Oops, i like them for trying and changing clothes, was once or twice her head came off but after it seemed settled even when she was lying down, but i can see how the m16 connector can be better in certain ways
Old 10-03-2019, 05:20 AM
Golden Diamond Member

to UK Love Doll Forums Chimera ...Hope you´ll enjoy it !
Old 10-03-2019, 08:24 AM

, go ahead treat yourself, I've had Amy for 3 months and couldn't be happier. She's a wm157b head 36 from andyp at ssw. I was nervous about spending a lot of money as deep down I thought there was something weird about living with a doll, but after finding this forum it put my mind at ease.
Only negative thing I can say is she always wants new clothes or wigs and accessories, it's costing me a bloody fortune. But she's worth it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190216_194706596_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg (39.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
, go ahead treat yourself, I've had Amy for 3 months and couldn't be happier. She's a wm157b head 36 from andyp at ssw. I was nervous about spending a lot of money as deep down I thought there was something weird about living with a doll, but after finding this forum it put my mind at ease.
Only negative thing I can say is she always wants new clothes or wigs and accessories, it's costing me a bloody fortune. But she's worth it
Hi AD,

we all went through it. I remember parting with nearly £2k (including import duties) for Yvette over five years ago (And that was with nearly 20% off! TPE girls have actually come down in price! Thank god for UK vendors!!!) and at that time I had never actually seen one of these girls anywhere but on a screen. Frightened me to death that I had wasted my money right up until the moment that I opened the box on her arrival and had that "OH...Now I get it" moment... Which lasted an entire night of just staring at her lying on the bed.

Lol, she wasn't the doll that I wanted (I wanted head #12) as the Chinesee vendors convinced me that the doll already en route to being a display model in Poland would be perfect for me (with head #21). She wasn't the skin tone that I would have ordered. Turns out that she wasn't even the even size that I ordered (she was 10cm taller).

Love at first sight.... Absolutely!

You think that the clothes and wigs are expensive... Yvette's looking for a new body so that she can stand up. Tried to find her a WM150B which I thought was her last hope, but you just can't get them now. Turns out though that the WM 158A is (I believe) the last of the thin neck narrow shoulders girls available that can carry off a head #21 so within the next few months she should be acquiring one of those.

... She's worth it

Shamus.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Hi AD,

we all went through it. I remember parting with nearly £2k (including import duties) for Yvette over five years ago (And that was with nearly 20% off! TPE girls have actually come down in price! Thank god for UK vendors!!!) and at that time I had never actually seen one of these girls anywhere but on a screen. Frightened me to death that I had wasted my money right up until the moment that I opened the box on her arrival and had that "OH...Now I get it" moment... Which lasted an entire night of just staring at her lying on the bed.

Lol, she wasn't the doll that I wanted (I wanted head #12) as the Chinesee vendors convinced me that the doll already en route to being a display model in Poland would be perfect for me (with head #21). She wasn't the skin tone that I would have ordered. Turns out that she wasn't even the even size that I ordered (she was 10cm taller).

Love at first sight.... Absolutely!

You think that the clothes and wigs are expensive... Yvette's looking for a new body so that she can stand up. Tried to find her a WM150B which I thought was her last hope, but you just can't get them now. Turns out though that the WM 158A is (I believe) the last of the thin neck narrow shoulders girls available that can carry off a head #21 so within the next few months she should be acquiring one of those.

... She's worth it

Shamus.
I really like the 158a, Cassie on the doll house but I'm worried about the a cup and Uk customs. Plus I'd rather buy from andyp so I know I'm safe and she's not on the ssw website
Old 10-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
I really like the 158a, Cassie on the doll house but I'm worried about the a cup and Uk customs. Plus I'd rather buy from andyp so I know I'm safe and she's not on the ssw website
Hi AD,

I would say that around 75% of my acquisitions were not marketed on the asites that I bought them from.

Pretty sure that Andy didn't market the JY#79 Elf head (Green hair) until after I had bought one from him. My SM155D came from him but was not on his site. My Dolls 4ever Mulan head came from Phil but he doesn't market them. My WM#185 came from Andy but it's not amongst the heads that he sells.

The only criteria that I have is that if a vendor deals with a manufacturer and the doll is legal then they can get them for me.

If you think about it, there are hundreds of different dolls and no vendor is going to dilligently market all of them for which they have to pay for the marketing materials that they use. So they market what they think that the public wants and if yoou want something else, just talk to them.

With Cassie, I'm pretty sure that the UK hasn't outlawed smaller chested women. She's a good hieght, available from Phil and I know that Andy has sold this model before. Also, I'm not buying her with that head (although I do like it) but it would either be the WM head #12 or WM#302, the latter not widely marketed yet but she's a pixie. Large eye's, big ears.... Actually, here you go...

The above image is the property of Mandos. She's #302 mounted here on a WM157B. Much better than the body they've chosen to go with in her marketing materials, but I think she would look even better with the more slender neck of the 158A.

The two reasons that I've not already bought her are (1) #302 has only just been released and I wanted to see the marketing shots before purchase (not impressed with the body that they've matched her to at all ) and also there's a question mark over my work at the moment which should be clarified one way or the other by mid April. If I'm on the move to a new position that may defer purchases for a few months.

As for the paying vendors. I try to buy from all of them although sadly I've yet to purchase anything from Paul (Cloud Climax) mainly as he doesn't stock WM's and they are my primary purchases.

All the best,

Shamus.