UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Miniature Adult Types.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Yes you will pay import and tax on them when they come into the country, Yes you can use 1/3 BJD clothes but they look best in the correct apparel as it fits them perfectly.
K
are the doll's treated the same as 100cm child look alike at customs ?

thanks ST .
Old 11-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Ball jointed dolls are not sex dolls and are collected and displayed by many people, many if not most are female. They are not seen in the same light, as far as I'm aware, so I can't see it being a problem
Old 11-03-2019, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoll View Post
Ok I really want one of these girls and I've found the website, would I need to pay import fees or is it just a one off payment and do you know if I can get cheap clothes to fit off Amazon or eBay as the official ones aren't cheap.
Thanks
I've had to pay import fees on every package from SmartDoll except for some freebies, this is pretty much the case on anything of value I order direct from Japan. Expect to pay about 50(ish) Import and VAT on a new doll. More if you order extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverboy View Post
Very cute
Yes they are LB thanks, and they don't get any less cute over time.

Quote:
Have a look here Amy, its my unboxing / arrival thread for them and covers most of this

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=7457

Yes you will pay import and tax on them when they come into the country, Yes you can use 1/3 BJD clothes but they look best in the correct apparel as it fits them perfectly.
K
Totally agree with everything K says here. Nowadays there are options to buy the dolls either just in their underwear or with an apparel set too , if it's your first doll I'd strongly suggest getting the apparel pack. There are occasionally 24hour 'time sales' where items (not dolls) are discounted massively, I've taken advantage of a few of these and have no regrets over the items I've (or Mirai and Kizuna ) bought there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by set track View Post
are the doll's treated the same as 100cm child look alike at customs ?
No setrack, they are treated the same as any collectable figure. They have no sexual function, and are made to appear clearly adult so have no problems of that type at customs.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Have a look here Amy, its my unboxing / arrival thread for them and covers most of this

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ead.php?t=7457

K
Brilliant review, thanks for the info. I'll be ordering one next payday 😁 just need to decide which one as there are quite a few to choose from
Old 11-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I... need to get printing....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2996049

😎
Old 12-03-2019, 08:43 AM

I need a PC and a printer it'll give Amy something to do while I'm at work.

One last question about the dolls. On the official website the price works out to around 360quid but on ebay they are over 600 quid, can anyone see a reason for the high price or are they just looking to rip gullible people like me off?
Old 12-03-2019, 04:42 PM
Administrator

My strong recommendation would be to only buy them from the official Mirai Store website, the ebay seller from Tokyo looks like he is buying them from the Tokyo shop and then selling them on for profit. Every Smart doll now comes with an individually numbered ID card within its chest, these are only registered to the original buyer and are guaranteed for that buyer only. It's very unlikely that Danny would be willing to support a sale that originated from some chancer on eBay.

Apart from busy times at 'Time Sales' the shop gets orders dispatched within a day or two, everything comes with tracking, so you can watch your doll travel from Japan to the UK in usually only one or two days. Then it's up to UK customs to decide on their ransom and for parcel farce to add their 'handling fee' before your doll can be released to you.

Danny is about to launch a new range of Smart Dolls called Cortex. These are made from hard plastic rather than the softer vinyl of the current dolls and will be available pre-built or as a kit. These are going to be cheaper than the top-of-the-range vinyl Smart Dolls. (They are also less likely to stain than the latest vinyl Smart Dolls).

Cortex Smart Doll

Worth watching. I'll be adding one to the little group here at the Tower.

CT

Old 12-03-2019, 05:05 PM

Id be tempted to get one but knowing customs over here they will try and find something just so they can seize the doll
Old 12-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Nope, they've never yet opened my boxes, (and I've had a few ). The export documentation and branded packaging from Mirai Store is excellent and very detailed, this allows customs to sort out their 'fees' without having to manually open and search every package. I'm sure a quick x-ray will show that there is nothing of concern in any package from Mirai Store.

CT