UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Inventors Forum.

Old 13-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
Yup, there is great potential! It's going to take another week of gestation before she's ready to walk on her own, but I have ordered some wigs. from China and they won't arrive quickly. I'm a patient guy.

You... will note... that there is more than one pair of eyes... This is for a reason.

In other words, I've just ordered another roll of filament for the printer...

revoL has managed to make clothes for a similar sized pair, so it's something I'm considering.

Theory:

Printing a thin layer of plastic, it can then be placed in hot water and then moulded around certain 'assets' to make well fitting clothes.

Also... I can thin print logo's which can be ironed onto cotton...

Practice: to be confirmed. I can't see why the theory wouldn't work anyways!

Watch this space.

💡 As an aside, I'm wondering why I can't use elastic and hollow plastic ball joint bones to replace the wires in the WM's fingerz. Why use wire at all as the fingers will still be pose-able, and suitably restricted, just as BJD dolls are.

I need a second printer...
Just one extra printer?!

The idea of plastic clothes sounds good and resolves the normal issues over the cotton to make them in proportional terms being the size of rope in the clothing.

very, very much looking forwards to the new arrivals introduction to the site

With the WM hands I believe that the issue would be the thickness of the plastic required inside the TPE being too thin and prone to snapping.

A more dramatic alternative that I believe that you could offer (I would not expect it to be cheap considering the number and quality of moving parts involved) would be where people have had to remove the wires, to offer a posable exo skeleton hand where the TPE exists inside the bones rather than outside of it.... Similar to a fingered gauntlet on a medieval knights hands but much, much more delicate.

Probably an bsolute nightmare to design / make and a non starter but to me the idea of the skeleton existing outside the hand resolves the issues over opening up the hands to carry out further repairs which I would expect to anything involving interlocking moving parts.

Its a good idea in answer to a genuine known issue no matter how you approach it.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 13-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
...and prone to snapping...
But no more than wires!

The thing is, the elastic would act as a 'suspension' spring for any rough handling, offering 'give' in the setup. It's the lack of 'give' and focused bending in the current wire system that seems, to me, to cause the snapping at the join to the plate.

Lets say a 7mm shaped tube hollowed out to receive a 3mm elasticated thread. I'm thinking it will be fairly strong. The lack of hardware (screws/nuts/bolts etc) would allow easier duplication, distribution and ultimate repair. The elastic would be simply tied to the plate and knotted at the end of each finger tip under tension.

The friction between the joint caused by the strain in the elastic would allow the finger to hold a pose, particularly if lightly notched. The cutout at the ball joint would encourage bending in a certain direction.

Pipe dreams possibly, but I will be tinkering once Iona, our new addition to the Holics household, has finished gestating.
Old 13-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Bronze Member

Following with great interest, AH, but sadly I don’t have any intelligent input - just curious to see what you and the girls come up with. I an close to getting a printer myself for a few projects so will be glued to this thread from now on!

A question though, the two Anime’ish figurines in the background on some of the photos, are they printed as well? I am guessing not, but a google search did not come up with any figurines looking _that_ hot. A link?
Old 13-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
...the two Anime’ish figurines in the background on some of the photos, are they printed as well... A link?
Nope, not printed. Search eBay: 'T2 girls pvc'. That should get you on the right lines.

CAUTION: Addictive...
Old 13-03-2019, 04:08 PM
Bronze Member

Sweet, thanks. Another rabbit-hole to dive into
Old 15-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Gold Excellence Member

BJD DOLL 1/3 55cm
PART 4

Latest item 'off the press'.

She seems happy with her new assets...

Currently printing the lower body - cheeks 'n all...

VIEW LIVE

HERE

right now.

This is an ongoing project.

Watch this space...
👁👁
Old 15-03-2019, 01:29 PM
Bronze Member

Lol, women are in so much trouble. In 5 years time every male teenager will have a 3D printed bombshell hidden in a box under their bed. Assembled full size and ready to hanky panky in a few minutes.
Old 15-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
Lol, women are in so much trouble. In 5 years time every male teenager will have a 3D printed bombshell hidden in a box under their bed. Assembled full size and ready to hanky panky in a few minutes.
Or...

Lol, men are in so much trouble. In 5 years time every female teenager will have a 3D printed bloke hidden in a box under their bed. Assembled full size and ready to hanky panky in a few minutes.

Oh wait... That's a dildo isn't it...
Old 15-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Looking very good

She has a very similar mid-torso join as Ellie, Paige is technically better because her join is under the boobs so it leaves a cleaner stomach for photos but it will work very well.

How long did it take to do the upper torso?
Old 15-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
How long did it take to do the upper torso?
To print...? Around 30 hours. Depends on what layer height you use. I used the highest quality; 0.06mm.