UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > For Sale Forum. > Freebies Forum

Old 14-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo10 View Post
So what you calling the TPE from middle of 2018 super soft? because all my girls before then are completely different.

Tommo
Hi tommo,

sorry, my reply to AH was badly worded.

The girl whose heritage is being questioned is from 2016 which is well before the TPE compound changes at WM.

I don't know when in 2018 they changed but thats the change year.

To my mind the big changes in skeletons were the hinged backs and then the shrugging shoulders versions but other changes appear and disappear alongside the major one's.

I'm sure that other more knowledgeable people than myself can point to other major skeletal change points that we may not even notice from external observation but make the skeletons more robust.

To my mind though I believe that we are now on third generation skeletons.
Old 14-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post

Ok, those finger wires are the same bass strings as Yvette but the wrist machanism is completely different.

Yvette has a 360 degree turning wrist that works like a screw top lid (but can never come off).
Old 14-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

The various alterations and improvements are quite likely to be going on all of the time, or as soon as an issue is discovered, so it would be a difficult job to determine exactly when any skeletal mods have been done at the factory. Yvette was clearly slightly newer than Emma
Old 14-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

I have just been thinking,
Do you know this thing about the dolls all been produced in different factories now, when did this start? They might have introduced different improvements at different times.

Also as I remember last year for example WM started the ball rolling with twisting hips, and shrugging shoulders, sort of offered as standard in most cases by vendors. But the YL factory was not offering it.

Now I bought my OR doll (Linda) in the summer, she was second hand six months old, she's got them features but they were paid for extra options, and were not standard at the time on any Jinsan Doll.

Tommo
ELOISE Ex-lite ~LINDA OR156E #55~VERA IronTech 155~TANYA IronTech 168~KIM IronTech 160~MEREDITH SM148~ROXY JY148 74 head~TIFF JY165D 80
ELORA WM158D#172~GINGER WM157B#162~VICTORIA WM166C#273~AMBER WM155DD#56~DEBBIE WM168E#70~KATY WM170H#149~ JULIE WM140#57
GEMMA YL170D#188~LEXY YL155D#84~ELLA YL157H#286~EMMA YL148D Classic#122~LISA RED TBD

Last edited by Tommo10; 14-03-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 14-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
...lastly, the full skeleton as it is atm, it can fold down pretty well so it shouldn't be a problem storing it should you ever need it...
Even like that, she looks ready to party!

I'll pass on this skeleton for now revoL, but thanks for the offer.

The thing with the hand plate is that it is engineered in such a way as to allow precision modifications to be added. ie. it is 'x' size and will take 'x' bolts with 'x' parameters. The old model, frankly, looks like something the council would use to dig up the road. As there are no standard and consistent attachment points, it would be difficult to attach any modification securely. I'm not saying it's impossible to attach, but coming up with an 'all in one' distributable fix would be impossible... Palm plate to forearm connection would be in the 'hands' of the recipient.

I need to concentrate on the fingers/palm plate design and testing.

There will be a few sleepless nights thinking about the best options. There already have been, but I do ruminate on things well before actual experimentation. If, what, where, how, when, features, strength, flexibility, size, vulnerability etc. all need to be thought about and whilst the Printer is busy gestating Iona, the latest addition to the Holics family, I can think, and think hard! ...but... Jura may quickly follow Iona into the household... Depending on what filament I have left, there may be a third wee lassie coming aboard!

Finger design is in head... not yet in progress....
Old 14-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

No problem, this thread has become a bit of a resource on WM skeletal history though

I'm looking forward to seeing Iona
Old 14-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaeholics View Post
As there are no standard and consistent attachment points, it would be difficult to attach any modification securely. I'm not saying it's impossible to attach, but coming up with an 'all in one' distributable fix would be impossible... Palm plate to forearm connection would be in the 'hands' of the recipient.
Lol, that was my start point yesterday. I've only just cottoned on to how far appart our conversations were.

I personally only think of things from the perspective of the one hand that I have repaired which as you say lacks any form of precision engineering... Think five drain pipes cemented into a manhole and you are pretty much on the right lines.

Each wire gives support to the other wires. If one breaks the others are both weaker and more exposed which is why with the old wire to wrist when they go, they go down like dominoes.

As you say, creating a sollution for that would be totally different to creating one for the palm plate variant which is why I was thinking in terms of exoskeleton and you from the perspective of internals.

Good luck with engineering that solution... Yvettes sad of course that it won't be available to her but she's going to be getting a new body anyway so not her problem.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 14-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
nicknamed the walking coathangers it has to be said that Cyberdyne systems early model terminators were something of a disappointment to the company...
Old 15-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Default Jinsan Finger Experiments...

This is what is in my head at the moment. This would be threaded with 3mm elastic.

Sample 3D .STL idea file DOWNLOADABLE HERE. View-able in Win10, just download and double click.

Comments, criticism, suggestions and expressions of awe are most welcome.
Old 15-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Awwww, that's cute...Oh sorry, that wasn't the type of awe you wanted

Looks good and elasticated 'limbs' would be long lasting, I think that doing the same model but using flexible wire would give very realistic finger bending but would also bring back the problem if one snaps. Elasticated probably is the best way to go other than having ball-joints at each joint, which run the risk of dislocation.

Looks good so far