UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > For Sale Forum. > Freebies Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13-03-2019, 04:26 PM
algaeholics's Avatar
algaeholics algaeholics is offline
Gold Excellence Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Halifax, UK.
Posts: 1,813
Lightbulb Finger repair research...?

Some may be aware that I'm an experimenter...

It would be good if anyone that has a damaged beyond repair WM/Jinsan doll arm(+wrist+fingers) that they are willing to part with for the betterment of future doll repair options and upgrades, could send it my way?

I, for one, would make very good use of it.

I don't need the whole doll, just the arm+wrist+fingers.

Do please PM me if you think you may be able to spare a limb or two...

Thanks.

AH
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-03-2019, 05:25 PM
shamus's Avatar
shamus shamus is offline
Gold Excellence Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 1,875
Default

I know that this is for a great cause and with obvious potential benefits but a little part of me thinks about the girl who was once loved, who left her Jinsan place of birth with such high expectations. Who will have been greeted by an excited person who spent weeks dieing to meet her...but must now, necessarily become the doner for this.

My mind goes to the film Avatar...



To succeed, somwhere a WM doll must have died... Or dare I say it, several WM girls as I have four of them and no two have the same wrist / hand mechanisms!

God I'm a big softie when it comes to Jinsan girls aren't I!

Good luck with your experiments AH. For the greater good and all that.

Shamus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13-03-2019, 06:55 PM
mandos's Avatar
mandos mandos is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 197
Default

Such bad timing, again. Shamus, turn away and put your hands over your ears, now.

I just recently sent several girls to Plastic & Rubber Heavenô and I know they would have gladly donated their hand to a rubber sister. Iíll keep you in mind when the time comes again
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13-03-2019, 06:56 PM
algaeholics's Avatar
algaeholics algaeholics is offline
Gold Excellence Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Halifax, UK.
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
Such bad timing, again. Shamus, turn away and put your hands over your ears, now.

I just recently sent several girls to Plastic & Rubber Heavenô and I know they would have gladly donated their hand to a rubber sister. Iíll keep you in mind when the time comes again
Darn it, bad timing! Please do sir.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Muninn's Avatar
Muninn Muninn is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Somewhere in the Midlands
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
I know that this is for a great cause and with obvious potential benefits but a little part of me thinks about the girl who was once loved, who left her Jinsan place of birth with such high expectations. Who will have been greeted by an excited person who spent weeks dieing to meet her...but must now, necessarily become the doner for this.

My mind goes to the film Avatar...



To succeed, somwhere a WM doll must have died... Or dare I say it, several WM girls as I have four of them and no two have the same wrist / hand mechanisms!

God I'm a big softie when it comes to Jinsan girls aren't I!

Good luck with your experiments AH. For the greater good and all that.

Shamus.
No spare parts here, but a good reminder to get my finger out (excuse the pun) - I've been testing out the robustness of my own repair idea. Might be able to get some results/pictures up at some point before finally closing her up.

Good luck in your quest!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Muninn's Avatar
Muninn Muninn is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Somewhere in the Midlands
Posts: 124
Default

No spare parts here, but a good reminder to get my finger out (excuse the pun) - I've been testing out the robustness of my own repair idea. Might be able to get some results/pictures up at some point before finally closing her up.

Good luck in your quest!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-03-2019, 07:08 PM
shamus's Avatar
shamus shamus is offline
Gold Excellence Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 1,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
Such bad timing, again. Shamus, turn away and put your hands over your ears, now.

I just recently sent several girls to Plastic & Rubber Heavenô and I know they would have gladly donated their hand to a rubber sister. Iíll keep you in mind when the time comes again
I put my hands over my ears but unfortunately that did absolutely nothing to hinder my ability to read that...



Some things you just can't unread....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-03-2019, 07:09 PM
mandos's Avatar
mandos mandos is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 197
Default

Oh btw, do you need just the skeleton parts or also the TPE material? I might have a skeleton in my garage (donít ask )
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-03-2019, 07:12 PM
algaeholics's Avatar
algaeholics algaeholics is offline
Gold Excellence Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Halifax, UK.
Posts: 1,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandos View Post
Oh btw, do you need just the skeleton parts or also the TPE material? I might have a skeleton in my garage (donít ask )
Ideally both, but the skeleton arm/wrist/finger wires alone would certainly help.

Essentially, I want to experiment on something that isn't one of my girls, who, at this stage, are all, understandably, refusing to be my guinea pig.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-03-2019, 07:21 PM
mandos's Avatar
mandos mandos is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 197
Default

Tried to send this in a message so not to upset poor Woody even more, but PM system does not seem to support attachments. I cut off most of the fingers in the process but still have a few cmís left on each finger. This is a 2019 model Jinsan so it can be a bit different from the older models.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8AF5E924-58A7-4C7C-886A-E1FDF803E566.jpg (23.9 KB, 38 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.