UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > RealDoll Forum. (G)

Old 17-06-2014, 03:59 PM

Default Advice needed on RD2 neck bolt

Hello folks!

My RD2 babe is on her way, maybe a few more days and she will be here -hopefully!

I am curious to know about the neck bolt for the RD2's.

Is it a steel eye that screws into the top of the "spine" of the RD2 and is removable? If so does anyone have a picture of the eye in place? I specifically need to know the size of the eye itself so I can have a hanging bracket ready for when she arrives. (I plan on making something to store her in my wardrobe)

Many Thanks folks,

I forgot to update you on her journey. The crate had been misrouted in the states and only left NY yesterday I believe. It should be in London now but as yet has not been scanned so not confirmed. I misinterpreted the tracking info last week and thought the crate was already in the UK.
Hopefully not long now!!
Old 17-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Hi, David. Is your doll coming in her original crate? If so there will be a bracket fixed in it with your doll suspended from it on her neck eyelet.
I could show you a pic of one and give measurements if the crate isn't the original, but I'm a little wary as I have a rd 1 and if they've changed the size even slightly on the rd2....
Old 17-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Hi David, you're not using FedEx by any chance
If my memory serves me correctly I believe that there is a difference in the bolts but possibly just the thread. As Phil says, if the crates original it'll have the bracket.

Read the destructions on the inside of the door if they're still on it and as she has a special spine and be very careful how you pick her up just in case she 'flops over' away from you.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 17-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Hi, yes she is coming in her original crate. I suppose I could just use the bracket from the crate. Although I wouldn't mind just leaving that bracket in the crate and have another one in my wardrobe in place ready for when she arrives.
Yes a picture of the eye ring would be great if you have one already.

She has been shipped with ups, I have just checked and no change, still not confirmed as landed in the uk yet.
Old 17-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Yes I heard its called the "hime spine"? If she flops over could this cause damage to her spine? I will definitely be following the instructions!!
Old 17-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Golden Diamond Member

The original crate can be made to look like a cupboard by fitting a lightweight door to the front which is hinged anyway. Don't bin the crate or the foam ect in case you move house. (You'll need a torx bit if it has the original screws)
The picking up part, the spine is very flexible unlike BTs (not the latest BT) or most RDs so the girl can bend and twist in the middle so she could slip down through your arms or she can 'flop' backwards if you're not careful on picking her up / carrying her.

My Lupe has a similar spine and it's just like carrying a real person to an extent.

We are all just a car crash, a diagnosis, an unexpected phone call, a newfound love,
or a broken heart away from becoming a completely different person.

Old 17-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfie View Post
The original crate can be made to look like a cupboard by fitting a lightweight door to the front which is hinged anyway. Don't bin the crate or the foam ect in case you move house. (You'll need a torx bit if it has the original screws)
The picking up part, the spine is very flexible unlike BTs (not the latest BT) or most RDs so the girl can bend and twist in the middle so she could slip down through your arms or she can 'flop' backwards if you're not careful on picking her up / carrying her.

My Lupe has a similar spine and it's just like carrying a real person to an extent.

dose that mean they complain alot ?